Full Metal Alchemist - Brothers

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Full Metal Alchemist - Brothers

Post by Jubilee »

Just watched the series and movie, and thought this was the prettiest song in all of em. Really one of the best i've ever heard, hadta share. First is a pure video, second is a live performance by the singers.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcTcl2dy ... d:15a0eyqv]Brothers[/url:15a0eyqv]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2_q80a9 ... d:15a0eyqv]Brothers Live[/url:15a0eyqv]
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

yeah! FMA belongs right up there with eveglion,cowboy bebop,and other great anime seirses.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Not really, to be honest.

While its true the series had great potential (Hughes FTW!), the movie ended up killing it for me when they had Ed go down the (by then) beaten path of self-sacrifice.

Also, Winry got sidetracked from romantic interest to someone they whipped up for the occasional tech upgrade, which just ended up getting on my nerves.

Though i'm not opposed to a sad ending, i think the "selfless sacrifice" plot device was overused, and although i regret to say it, i've definitely seen better animes, like Witch Hunter Robin for example.
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

I do agree Chimal, I do wish they'd have either made another movie or ended it better by now. But Noah made a nice little romance .. she was a great dancer for sure. :)
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

but,but, they had nazis as enemys whats better then that. i thout they did a great job of incorprating our world and it's history in to the story
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Apart from messing up their own continuity, you mean?

[SPOILER]

When he goes through the portal the first time, he ends up in Britain, 1940something since the Germans are bombing the place. Once there, he sees his dad and has a talk with him.

Then, during the movie, they send him to the early 1930's wheer his dad dies reopening the portal, killing their own continuity through the (here it is again!) selfless sacrifice plot device.

[/SPOILER]

Nazis as enemies is all good and well, but not if you forcibly ignore continuity to set them up as enemies no matter what.

While it's commendable they did some research on the matter, i'd be happier if they'd actually spent some of that time looking at new plot devices. Which is really a shame, as there's really nothing wrong with the setting, characters, plot, personalities and whatnot.

It's just the selfless sacrifice stuff that makes it seem like Ed has an incredible Messiah complex (yes, this actually sprang to mind watching the end of the series and movie).

[quote:33ck58ax]Messiah complex is a state in which the individual believes him/herself to be, or is destined to become, the saviour of the particular field, a group, an event, a time period, or in an extreme scenario, the world. This could also be the state in which a group views an individual as a messiah, such as followers of a cult leader. The cult leader doesn't have to claim to be a messiah, but if he is treated as such by his followers, it can also be classified as such.

People with a messiah complex tend to see themselves as saviours to a specific group of people or a specific field, making claims of their own glory, or claiming a self awareness of their own gift and how that gift can affect a group of people or a field of life.

In the most extreme cases, people with a messiah complex may see themselves as spiritual/religious messiahs with transcendent powers who are destined to save the world.[/quote:33ck58ax]

Sound familiar? :roll:
-----
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

[quote="Ix'Chimalxochitzin"]Apart from messing up their own continuity, you mean?

[SPOILER]

When he goes through the portal the first time, he ends up in Britain, 1940something since the Germans are bombing the place. Once there, he sees his dad and has a talk with him.

Then, during the movie, they send him to the early 1930's wheer his dad dies reopening the portal, killing their own continuity through the (here it is again!) selfless sacrifice plot device.

quote]

thats not quite corroct when he went thru the portal for the first time(in the series) he was sent to WWI not the 1940s wich we all know was WWII he then stays in our world (munic ,germany to be exact/the movie)
where he expeinces the munic inserecion which is where hiltier tryed and faild to seize power and then was imprisond for 2 years before becoming chancler of germany.they were quite accurate in incorprating the story to our timeline. oh! if you rember in the series there were zeplinns over london and zeplinns were used mostly in WWI thus reenforcing my statment
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I haven't seen any FMA, but that was a nice song. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

yeah, but i prefer cruel angel's thesis from the sries eveangilon & bomb ahead from from the series tenjho tenge

bomb ahead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YUWD4BZ81Y

cruel angel's thesis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgATlhZF ... re=related
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

Are you drunk Thalon? You mispelled every other word. But somehow yes he's right, the timeline was all spot on. If anyone wants to nitpick any historical accuracy issues i'm suprised its not Rocket Powered Assault Ships in 1923.
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

sorry my key bords been acting all wonky and about the rocket powerd airplane that acutuley seems palsible if anybody thought to stick rockets on a 1920s airplane
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Ah yeah true, i guess the Zeppelins threw me off for a bit there. As for the plane itself, i figured its engines were based on the then-prototype versions of the V-2 rocket

[url:2mj65txo]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggregate_ ... _rocket.29[/url:2mj65txo]

Kind of like that
-----
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

FMA- One Family

Post by Jubilee »

If you've ever seen Tarzan you'll recognize the theme, its really well done here.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivwtUjG_ ... 1:1aadohk1]One Family[/url:1aadohk1]