Your favorite book.

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

as a rogue, i looked there but didnt see it...
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

^^
stiffanbond
Maid
Maid

Post by stiffanbond »

My favorie books are:

1.The Da vinci Code by Dan Brown
2.Swan Song by Robert McCammon
3.Anthem by Ayn Rand
4.Needful Things by Stephen King
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

I've been reading some serious stuff these past couple of months:

The Botany of Desire by Micheal Pollan [a very intriguing look at the idea that plants have shaped us and not the other way around]

The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight by Thom Hartmann [a serious investigation at the future and climate change]

Crisis Economics by Nouriel Roubini [this guy predicted the global financial crash and of course, NO ONE FUCKING LISTENED! :roll: He's now saying things are still screwed and will only get worse because governments don't have the political will to enact the necessary legislations etc to break up these "too big to fail" corporations and the western economies love of debt spending. Lets face it kiddies, it's all going to go down in a screaming heap but the bright side is that it won't be the end of the world]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Aramil Galanodel
Maid
Maid

Post by Aramil Galanodel »

How many people truly have a favorite book, but I do have close to my heart book series' too many to list. The War of the Spider Queen is something I can read over and over again.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

I don't think I've got a single book or series that I could re-read time and again. The closet I would say that come to that would be Raymond E. Feists Magician series, up to the Serpent War series. The books after that are not as good, just potboiler fantasy but the 1st trilogy was really great stuff.

Not really reading much at the moment apart from news items :/

I need to pick up a good book and loose myself for a day.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

or write one... ;)
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

I recently found a friggin awesome series of books... Predator. The novels.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

My list of favorite books could be nearly as vast as the number of books i've read.
I've got a sorta sense, Theres hardly a book I take home to read that I don't like/love.

Current top favorites: Mistborn trilogy. Slathbogs Gold *Series, I can't remember their name though)

I'm currently reading Discovery of Witches.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

If I had to name a favorite book of all time, it would be either Charlotte's Web (thus beginning my love of spiders, and eventually, drow) or The Cricket in Times Square. Yes, these are kids' books, but my love for these two books has endured the years. I might add Max: the Dog Who Refused to Die to that list as well, as it's a very inspiring and heartwarming TRUE story.

As for what I'm currently reading? That's easy- all the comics I picked up for Free Comic Book Day!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188