The Willowsong saga, chapter 2

Roleplaying can be a great source for stories. But whether your stories come from roleplaying or whether you wrote them separate of anything else, this is the forum to post your stories. These stories can be funny, dramatic, epic in scale, of very small scope, or really anything you can think of. Note that this forum is for posting stories only. Discussions on stories and even just simple compliments should be posted in the Out Of Character forum or by sending a private message to the author.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3eqq8csu]The drow woman who was known at one time as Nedylene Illystyn, built a pyre around her fallen mount and burned him to ash. She watched as the fires burned and then cooled. The paladin merely sat and watched her. In the morning when the fires had cooled to ash, she smeared the ash on her cheeks and then set out with the paladin across the sun drenched forest of Cormenthor.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:a73ekj3l]She later learned the paladins name was Jandar Deepwaters and he was a paladin of Tyr. He taught her much on their travels, he taught her common, he taught her how to survive in the vastly different world of the above ground, most of all he taught her of his God. The Even Handed, The Maimed, The Just God Tyr.
[t:a73ekj3l]In his work as a paladin of Tyr, Jandar was frequently bringing the break laws in for judgment. Naubol, as she went by now, assisted him with this, and he taught her the arts of the justiciar. The strategic strikes that brought a person down without killing them, how to track and grapple, and the laws of the land. For how else will you know whom to bring in if you do not have knowledge of the crimes they have committed.
[t:a73ekj3l]All the while Jandar treated her as a father would a daughter, for he was 200 years old compared to her 90, and while there were times she would have gone to him, more for comfort than anything, he continued to treat her as a daughter.
[t:a73ekj3l]She traveled with him for 10 years, long enough for him to have her proclaimed as a justiciar, and given the seals and rights that come along with it, and long enough for her to have forsaken her old life and the bitch goddess that had betrayed her, and taken up the following of Tyr, the god of justice, whose work she did upon Faerun.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:2fximg0o]One night, as they camped deep in the depths of the high forest on the track of a murderer who had escaped justice in Olostin’s Hold, Jandar, who was on watch, awakened Naudol in the night. She thought he had merely sighted the break law, or some hungry woods denizen, but she was wrong. They were completely surrounded by drow.
[t:2fximg0o]One of the drow had seen Naudol in a nearby town and recognized her as a traitor. They had followed her here seeking her head for ransom. [t:2fximg0o]The ensuing battle was fierce, but Naudol succeeded in killing the below ground drow. When she looked around however, she saw that her foster father had taken a mortal wound. She tried to patch him up, but they were out of healing potions and there was nothing she could do.
[t:2fximg0o]She gathered him up in her arms and started to weep, but he grasped her hands in one of his and caressed her face with one large calloused hand.
[t:2fximg0o]“Weep not for me, daughter.. For though I have never married a true daughter to me you have been. Of all the things I have done, seeing you become the woman you have always been meant to be has been the thing I have been the most proud of .You have not been Naudol for a long time now. You have succeeded in rising from your ashes, as your father I take the liberty of giving you a new name. You are now Phoenix Risen, justiciar of Tyr.”
[t:2fximg0o]At this, the paladin’s hand slipped from Phoenix’s grasp, and the elf breathed his last.
[t:2fximg0o]Phoenix leaned down to pick up his sword, still expecting after all this time to feel it burn in her grasp, but it did not. The metal was cool to the touch, and she knew her life was forever changed.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3hlxk080]Phoenix Risen traveled for many years on her own, working as a justiciar and occasionally fighting off drow who sought the price on her head. But most of all she worked alone.
[t:3hlxk080]She took no companions; she knew the love of no man, or woman. She was simply, utterly alone, save for the silent solace of her god.
[t:3hlxk080]One day she was traveling through the city of splendors, the marvelous city of Waterdeep, when she came upon a spell caster in a tavern.
[t:3hlxk080]Phoenix still bore a deep hatred and mistrust of spell casters, but this one seemed desperate. He told her that he was a sorcerer and that someone had stolen a magical relic from him that he desperately needed.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3or9dz9t]“They were stolen about 10 years ago, from a wagon train. We have reason to believe that they are in the hands of the under dark drow, in the city of Menzoboranzan.
[t:3or9dz9t]I have been told that you are a justiciar and tracker of great skill, and that you used to live below ground. Could you help us with this? My family would reward you greatly.”
[t:3or9dz9t]“Tell me more about this relic.”
[t:3or9dz9t]“Well, it was in a simple wooden box, it is a crystal, it has a great power and the one who wields it has the ability to suck peoples life essence into themselves.”
[t:3or9dz9t]Phoenix was stunned, she was certain that this was the relic she had brought to her mother so long ago.
[t:3or9dz9t]I know of this relic and I know who has it.”
[t:3or9dz9t]The sorcerer almost jumped up and down in his glee.
[t:3or9dz9t]“Where is it? Who has it?”
[t:3or9dz9t]“It is in the city of Menzoboranzan. The matron mother of the house of Illystyn has it.”
[t:3or9dz9t]The sorcerer looked confused,
[t:3or9dz9t]“How do you know this?”
[t:3or9dz9t]“Because the matron of the house of Illystyn is my mother, and I know she has it because I gave it to her.”
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:fe791gjt]Phoenix was taken to the sorcerer’s room; here he cast some sort of spell that put her ill at ease.
[t:fe791gjt]“You look concerned,”
[t:fe791gjt]He laughed, his green eyes twinkling, this was the first time she noticed that he was young, her age, and rather handsome, for all his pale skin and golden hair. He had the look of someone who smiled often and was not what she would have expected in a spell caster.
[t:fe791gjt]“What did you cast?”
[t:fe791gjt]“A simple message spell. My step mother is going to be sending some of her troops in to help us, a lady and a general she is, she has several mercenary bands in her employ. Now that we know where to strike and whom, we shall do so swiftly and with no mercy.”
[t:fe791gjt]“You cannot hope to conquer the city of Menzobaranzan, many have tried.”
[t:fe791gjt]“We do not seek to conquer it, merely make a distraction so that some of our soldiers can get in and kill the matron and take back the relic. We only need your help in getting to it. Of course, we do not expect you to go against your own mother.”
[t:fe791gjt]“My mother…”
[t:fe791gjt]She spat the word out as if it tasted bad,
[t:fe791gjt]“Is a spell caster with no little power. I know her and her weaknesses better than anyone else, I shall be the one to slay her.”
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:rlcv4pww]A few weeks later, Phoenix found herself back where she never thought she would be, in the depths of the under dark leading a small troop of soldiers to the city of Menzobaranzan.
[t:rlcv4pww]The sorcerer accompanied them, and had spent most of the trip regaling Phoenix with tales of his stepmother and father, who he had yet to call by name, and since Phoenix was mostly trying to ignore him, she had yet to ask what their name was. She tried to be irritable to the sorcerer, who had given his first name as Myram, but he was so jovial and good-natured that she could not help but laugh at some of his anecdotes.
[t:rlcv4pww]Sometimes she saw him watching her out of the corner of her eye, when he thought she wasn’t looking. She saw lust there, which she understood, for she was an attractive woman, but she also saw a deep and unabiding longing, a loneliness she could not understand, for the man obviously had many friends amongst the soldiers.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:14lrwe5t]The plan was to engage the city in combat at the gates, only long enough to provide a distraction for Phoenix and the rogue to slip in. Then Myram would teleport the troops at the gate out of harms way, and then come back around to the meeting point in the unused tunnels outside of the city.
[t:14lrwe5t]Phoenix succeeded in slipping herself and the rogue into the city and through the back alleys she knew like the back of her hand, then through the back door of her mothers estate.
[t:14lrwe5t]They managed to slip past most of the slaves and guards, but were unable to pass the guards at her mother’s door. They ended p having to kill the women, who had been like sisters to phoenix at one time. Then they slipped into her mothers study.
[t:14lrwe5t]Her mother stood as always over her desk, working with her alchemical devices. She did not look up, and they thought they had not been heard.
The rogue slipped behind the matron for a sneak attack, but the matron heard him and turned quickly. In her palm was a tiny crystal, she held it aloft and the rogue screamed, collapsing to the ground, his skin wrinkling up until he looked like an ancient man, instead of the man in his 20s that he was. He screamed again, and collapsed into dust.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:r7f547jg]Without turning to face her, her mother said,
[t:r7f547jg]“What did you hope to accomplish by this, Nedylene? Did you really think to kill me? Your own mother?”
[t:r7f547jg]Phoenix drew her blade and stalked towards her mother.
[t:r7f547jg]“You are no longer my mother, and I am no longer Nedylene, I am Phoenix Risen, and I shall be the last face you shall see upon this plane.”
[t:r7f547jg]She struck down at the matron who side stepped and raised out her hideous crystal. Phoenix hit her knees, screaming, but managed to push aside the effects of the crystal. Her mother roared in frustration as Phoenix rose back up, and struck at her. This time she hit and it was the other woman’s turn to scream.
[t:r7f547jg]The matron started to cast and Phoenix knew she had little time. She charged the matron, sweeping her off of her feet and started to grapple the woman down. Her spell interrupted, hr mother started clawing and biting at Phoenix’s face and arms, but she was held fast. Phoenix held her down with one strong arm and with the other raised her blade, decapitating her own mother in one swift blow.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1feif68q]Her mother’s blood flew up in an arc, splattering her face and arms, but Phoenix did not care. She stood up, raising up the bloody head and looked to the doorway. Her twin sister was there.
[t:1feif68q]As small children they had been inseparable. They thought the same thoughts and shared the same dreams, when one was injured the other knew it. Identical they were and loved to play pranks on their caretakers, who were constantly mixing the two up. When they were separated, Nedylene for her warrior training and Si’Nafay for her priestess training, both girls had wept bitterly for weeks.
[t:1feif68q]Si’Nafay merely watched Phoenix, as she held up their mothers dripping head, and Phoenix watched her.
[t:1feif68q]Finally Si’Nafay spoke,
[t:1feif68q]“What will you do now, sister? The house is yours by birthright and blood.”
[t:1feif68q]Phoenix snarled, and snatched up the crystal,
[t:1feif68q]“I don’t want I, I never did, its all yours.”
[t:1feif68q]She planted her mothers bloody head on top of her alchemy table and strode for the door, pushing her sister viciously out of the way. As Phoenix stalked away she heard a whimpering gasp. She turned to see her twin sister on the verge of tears,
[t:1feif68q]“You really think I had something to do with..With that!”
[t:1feif68q]Phoenix just snarled at her,
[t:1feif68q]“If you follow me, I will kill you.”
[t:1feif68q]Si’Nafay whimpered,
[t:1feif68q]“I swear to you I had nothing to do with it.”
[t:1feif68q]Phoenix just turned her back and walked away, saying over her shoulder,
[t:1feif68q]“Like I would ever again believe a word that came from a drow’s mouth.”
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1cz6fmbw]As Phoenix hurried away to join the troop in the tunnel she heard her sister call out,
[t:1cz6fmbw]“I swear to you, I had nothing to do with it!”

[t:1cz6fmbw]When they reached the surface, Myram insisted on Phoenix joining them at a party he was holding in a private banquet room he had rented at the tavern.
[t:1cz6fmbw]“My parents will be there, and they wish to meet you. You will be well paid for your efforts I assure you.”
[t:1cz6fmbw]After much urging, Phoenix finally broke down and agreed to meet him in the banquet room. She washed up and changed her clothes in her own room and headed down to the large banquet room downstairs.
[t:1cz6fmbw]All the soldiers who had accompanied them, save for the rogue that had died in her mothers study and 2 soldiers who had died at the gate, were in there. Standing in the back was a tall elven woman with long black hair. A white strip of hair went down the side of it, and she was dressed like a warrior in full plate. Beside her stood an elven man, strong and muscular, but dressed in the robes of the cleric. With his golden hair and green eyes he was the spitting image of Myram, and obviously his father. They both stood talking to him, but the warrior woman stepped aside briefly to collect two toddlers, both boys who were playing beneath a table. It was odd to see a woman in full armor tending to small children but that was what she was doing. Something about the woman looked familiar, something about the shape of her face, her green eyes and the stripe of white in the midst of her black hair.
[t:1cz6fmbw]Myram saw her and beckoned her over,
[t:1cz6fmbw]“This is the woman I told you about, this is Phoenix Risen. Phoenix, this is my stepmother, Mystremvar Willowsong, and my father Sahadrian Willowsong.”
[t:1cz6fmbw]Phoenix stepped back, stunned, that name.. Willowsong.
[t:1cz6fmbw]“What is wrong, my dear?”
[t:1cz6fmbw]Said the warrior woman, Mystremvar, approaching her with a clear expression of concern.
[t:1cz6fmbw]“Nothing…I..I must go.”
[t:1cz6fmbw]“But your payment…”
[t:1cz6fmbw]The woman started, but Phoenix fled from the room, and back to her own room, where she started throwing her things in her pack, preparing to leave.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:39s8w000]She heard a knock at her door, and before she could answer it swung open.
[t:39s8w000]Myram stood there, looking concerned.
[t:39s8w000]“What is the matter? You are leaving, why are you leaving?”
[t:39s8w000]“I just remembered, there was some place I have to be, something I need to do. I must go now.”
[t:39s8w000]“But your payment?”
[t:39s8w000]“No worries, always glad to help.”
[t:39s8w000]She finished packing and went to walk past him when he caught her by the arm.
[t:39s8w000]“Please don’t go..”
[t:39s8w000]He whispered, and moved his other hand up to caress her cheek. Phoenix froze, terrified of spell casters she may be, but it had been so long since she had felt the touch of another. So long since a man had made her body sing, like Dalen had done so long ago.
[t:39s8w000]She stared up at his deep green eyes, so sad and filled with longing. She wanted to make his sadness go away, and maybe, just for a little while, feel like a real woman again, instead of the shadow she had become.
[t:39s8w000]When Myram leaned down to kiss her she let him, opening her arms and embracing him closely. She kissed him back with all the longing she too possessed. One of his hands grasped her around the waist, pulling her closely. She could feel him, hard and erect against her belly. His other hand trailed down to cup her breast, pinching the nipple between his fingers. She gasped against his mouth and reached down n to grasp the length of his hardness in her hands, stroking him through his robe.
[t:39s8w000]Without breaking the kiss, Myram showed a surprising strength in leaning over and scooping Phoenix up. He laid her down on the bed, breaking the kiss and gazing down at her in sheer adoration.
[t:39s8w000]“Please..I want to see you. All of you.”
[t:39s8w000]He whispered, and she obliged, pulling off her tunic .He helped her take off her boots and wriggle out of her breeches, till she lay in her breast coverings and loincloth beneath him.
[t:39s8w000]He stared at her for a few moments, and then untied the strings holding up her breast covering. When her small breasts and dark nipples were revealed to him he leaned down to cup each in turn, gently licking and biting the nipples. All the while his other hand traveled up her smooth thighs to the warmth beneath. His fingers found the little nub in the depth of her pubic hair and flicked it gently. Her hips raised and she moaned.
His finger slipped inside her and she was immediately wet and gasping .It had been so long..She thought, and whispered to him,
[t:39s8w000]“Your turn, I want to see you now.”
[t:39s8w000]She pulled his robe off over his head and laid him down beneath her. His body was nude before her, she giggled a bit and said,
[t:39s8w000]“I see its true..”
[t:39s8w000]“What’s true?”
[t:39s8w000]He whispered,
[t:39s8w000]“You spell casters really are naked beneath your robes.”
[t:39s8w000]He chuckled and she laughed softly.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:ap8q0rvo]For a sorcerer he was muscular, no doubt had had some warrior training. He was lean and slender, and there was no fat on him. She ran her hand down the muscles in his stomach and wrapped her fingers around his cock. She stroked him gently as he gasped. Then she leaned down to take him in her mouth. He almost roared his pleasure and took her hair, moving her head back.
[t:ap8q0rvo]“No.”
[t:ap8q0rvo]He whispered,
[t:ap8q0rvo]“It’s been too long, Ill go to soon.”
[t:ap8q0rvo]She smiled at him and he pulled her back up for a kiss. Then flipped her back onto her back. His long fingered hands moved back down her belly and then deep inside her again, thrusting in her until she was crying out.
[t:ap8q0rvo]“Please, now..”
[t:ap8q0rvo]She whispered, and he obliged, settled himself between her spread thighs, he pulled her knees back and slid himself inside her. Inch by delicious inch, until she almost screamed with the pleasure. But still he moved slowly, so she dug her nails into his ass and wrapped her strong legs around his waist.
[t:ap8q0rvo]“More,”
[t:ap8q0rvo]She whispered,
[t:ap8q0rvo]“Harder..”
[t:ap8q0rvo]He obliged again, hard, almost painful thrusts that brought her closer and closer. She screamed his name and he thrust again, spilling her over the edge. Then he screamed too,
[t:ap8q0rvo]“Oh Gods..Phoenix…”
[t:ap8q0rvo]She could feel the heat of his seed filling her, she wrapped her arms around him, and before he could even pull out, exhausted from their travels ,they both fell asleep.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3e2hqkzf]When she woke up, he slept still, his arms wrapped tightly around her, one hand wrapped in her long white hair.
[t:3e2hqkzf]She gently pried his hand from her hair and got up off the bed. He whispered her name and rolled onto his side, clutching her pillow.
[t:3e2hqkzf]She stared at him for a long time and felt only..Tenderness. Like she would a close friend. He was not Dalen, and he never would be, it would be wrong to treat him like he was.
[t:3e2hqkzf]She washed up quickly, reminding herself to go to the temple and purchase the special herbs that prevented pregnancy. Then she dressed and picked up her pack.
[t:3e2hqkzf]Myram looked so young and alone, sleeping in the tavern bed, and her heart ached that she could not be what he deserved.
[t:3e2hqkzf]She took out her sketchbook and drew a picture of him, laying there, the sheets wrapped around his waist, but leaving his legs bare.
[t:3e2hqkzf]Then she tore off the next page and jotted a note,

[i:3e2hqkzf][t:3e2hqkzf]Dear Myram,
[t:3e2hqkzf]I could never be the woman you want and deserve. It wouldn’t be right for either of us to pretend otherwise.I gave my heart away a long time ago, and I’m afraid I never got it back,although he does not love me anymore. I wish it were otherwise, but I have nothing to give you, save my undying friendship.
Phoenix Risen[/i:3e2hqkzf]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3t8ctht4]Phoenix made her way down the stairs, she saw it was still very early and the tavern was empty, but that worked well for her. She didn’t want anyone to see the tracks of the tears that had coursed down her cheeks.
[t:3t8ctht4]As she made her way to the door she heard a sound coming from the kitchen area. It was Mystremvar, carrying a glass of water. They both startled and Mystremvar dropped the water.
[t:3t8ctht4]Phoenix went to help her clean it up and they both chuckled. Phoenix pumped her another glass from the kitchen.
[t:3t8ctht4]“One of the twins woke up and wanted a drink of water, and here I thought weaning them meant I could actually get some rest.”
[t:3t8ctht4]Mystremvar smiled, Phoenix smiled back and went to leave but Mystremvar stopped her.
[t:3t8ctht4]“I know who you are, Nedylene.”
[t:3t8ctht4]Phoenix stopped short.
[t:3t8ctht4]“When Myram told me your mother was the matron of the house of Illistyn, I knew it must be you.”
[t:3t8ctht4]Phoenix stood silently for a moment, her back to the warrior woman. [t:3t8ctht4]After all Myram had told her of this woman, she knew that there would be no way she could hope to best her in combat, and truth be told, she did not want to fight her.
[t:3t8ctht4]Finally Phoenix said,
[t:3t8ctht4]“Do you want to kill me?”
[t:3t8ctht4]“Why would I want to do that?”
[t:3t8ctht4]“Because I killed one of your kinsmen?”
[t:3t8ctht4]“You did not kill my brother, Dalen.”
[t:3t8ctht4]Phoenix was stunned. She had thought that perhaps, just perhaps, he had lived and that was how this family had come to know of her, but to hear someone say it. It made her heart pound so hard she feared it would burst out of her chest.
[t:3t8ctht4]“He is alive?”
[t:3t8ctht4]Phoenix whispered, incredulously, turning to face the sister of the only man she had ever loved.
[t:3t8ctht4]“Yes. He would not tell me anything of you though, save that I should not be angry with you. That you did what you felt you had to do, and in so doing, most likely saved both of your lives.”
[t:3t8ctht4]Phoenix hit her knees, and started to sob. Mystremvar helped her stand and placed her in a chair.
[t:3t8ctht4]“You love him still, don’t you?”
[t:3t8ctht4]Mystremvar whispered,
[t:3t8ctht4]“Yes.. And I always will.”
[t:3t8ctht4]Mystremvar stroked Phoenix’s hair back away from her face.
[t:3t8ctht4]“My Gods, he is a lot older than you.”
[t:3t8ctht4]Mystremvar chuckled,
[t:3t8ctht4]“However did you meet?”
[t:3t8ctht4]Phoenix smiled in the memory.