A shaky beginning

Roleplaying can be a great source for stories. But whether your stories come from roleplaying or whether you wrote them separate of anything else, this is the forum to post your stories. These stories can be funny, dramatic, epic in scale, of very small scope, or really anything you can think of. Note that this forum is for posting stories only. Discussions on stories and even just simple compliments should be posted in the Out Of Character forum or by sending a private message to the author.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

A shaky beginning

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Silence…

Everything in the forest was at a stand still. The air, the trees, and even the small amount of breath that left her body, seemed to rise up. Her emerald eyes, though faded as if they would leave her body, moved slowly, watching her breath slip away into the wind. Her faded eyes moved slowly to the side, eyeing her songsword that was stretched out upon the ground. She saw several figures move through her peripheral vision, but she heard nothing. She was dazed, hurt, and confused. Her death was coming and she knew that.

She took account of the situation she was in. She was merely traveling in the forest until she stumbled across dozen of soldiers, fighting. Of course, she hid from sight, as the priestess of Lloth and Eilistraee battled each other. She thought she was safe, until the priestesses called upon their wizards. Being adapted to that of magic, she knew they were using a scrying spell to search out the woods, and thus they found her. At the time Zelena turned to flee from sight, but was caught dead on by a powerful fireball, that threatened to consume her body and flesh. The protection of her cloak and her chain mail took the brunt of the attack, but still several pieces of her skin had been charred away. She fought fiercely against the Lloth warriors but slowly, their numbers consumed her. A slash caught her in the side of the arm, while one enchanted weapon, cut right through her magic armor and opened up a gash in her stomach. She grunted and fell to the ground; her spirit slowly began to leave her body. Knowing her fate she appealed to Eilistraee, a goddess she knew during the entirety of her life. “I’m sorry that I am not strong enough to survive. Please bless my soul Eilistraee, so that I may be welcomed in the realms beyond this one. “As if it was right on cue, dozen Eilistraee warriors appeared out of the mists, roaring their powerful battle cries. The battle was swift and quick, and the forces of Lloth were pushed back, but she was left there, considered one of the dead.

Was this her fate? Was she fated to die by the hands of a spider-kisser? Slowly she breathed again and looked up at the sky, each breath causing excruciating pain. The wind stirred, however, and slowly a light fell upon the sections of her body where blood dwelt. Slowly a song filled the forest, coming from above. Zelena knew it was her goddess, coming to take her away. Then reality set in, the wounds slowly began to close, as fresh blood poured into her veins. It seemed that her appeal to the dark maiden did not go unnoticed. Eilistraee, it seemed wanted Zelena to do more in her life. Slowly she sat up, her eyes glancing around at the fallen dead. “ I must leave before the others come. “

Zelena was afraid, she was not a pure Drow like most of the other priestesses. She was half human and half Drow. Most did not approve of her kind, but her heart was that of Drow, even though her fair features depicted her as a human. Only if one were to stare and analyze her features for a while, they would notice the Drow features in her body. The good advantage though was that she was welcomed anywhere, until that one person would indeed recognize her features. Drawing her mind back to the forest, she looked around, feeling a certain presence watching her. That presence was not Eilistraee but rather dark red eyes. Wolves….She gasped as she turned, and fled again. “ Will this day end?”
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Small steps moved quickly and silently. Her form sleek and lithe moved with the haste of that of a Drow assassin. She however, was not a full drow. Most believe that being Half Drow is a weakness, but is it? She held the looks of a beautiful human, but her endurance, her blood, her attributes were that of a Drow. She could see more than clearly in the night, while day light did not bother her. If anything, it is true that the combining of the blood lines is not but a weakness, but indeed an evolution. That still was not completely true, Zelena thought with in her mind. She only held the same strength as any natural drow because Eilistraee saw it fit to outfit her soul with such special traits. Only by the goddess's will was she able to best even full blooded drow. Breathing deeply, she only knew the truth of the matter. Most half bloods were not strong enough to best that of a harden veteran drow. Shaking her head, she would doubt the power of Drow, but never that of her goddess.

She moved quickly dodging several sharp branches. She did not understand why this day had seemed to turn out so badly. She knew the goddess had saved her life, so maybe she was testing her......she could not know. She focused her mind as she heard something. Using her enchanted brooch, she levitated her body high into the trees as she awaited what approached.
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ The wind shifted under her feet as she crouched down, holding firmly to the branch in which she stood. Her long blondish white hair seemed to sway in the direction of the wind as her hood cloaked her beautiful face from the world. Her cape, her Drow cape held her body invisible as she waited, her eyes searching the darkness for movement. Seeing a glint of silver flash, she knew someone or something had unsheathed their sword. Her beautiful eyes only glinted as she moved quickly through the branches, her lithe form weighing no more Than a couple of pounds when in full lithe flight. As she stopped her peered downwards, watching and waiting. “ Spider Kissers….” She glared at the man as he moved forward, his duel swords extended. Zelena knew better to attack him dead on, for any Drow warrior with duel blades were a master of melee. She was no fool, but to allow such a man to travel with in the realm of her goddess unhindered, she will not stand it. Holding her breath, she dropped from the tree, allowing the wind to travel through her hair as she free fell……

Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ The air brushed against every aspect of her body, as she fell. Her long hair, blondish white only moved upwards as she dropped. Her body landed cleanly behind the man, and in fluid motion, her right hand unsheathed her songsword. The sound of the blade echoed throughout the forest, as she moved forward. The male, however, was faster, but tis were expected. He easily deflected her upward slash, and crouched low, moving his other free blade in a low slash at her knees. The body of Zelena, did not however stopped, as she jumped, her strength alone caused her to clear the low blade, while her sword song, deflected the higher blade whiling soaring in a frontal aerial flip. As she landed upon the ground, she jerked her body backwards with a fierceness, which only sparked her adrenaline. She rolled backwards, putting what distance she could from the drow master, but within seconds the duel bladed assailant was already upon her, making circular motions with his blade. Emerald eyes narrowed as she slammed her left hand upon the ground as she rolled, moving her body in a rotation. As she rotated her right foot lashed out and struck the male cleanly in the chest, her leg barely missing the blade. The blow was fast and strong enough to lift the male from his feet and knock him back. Using that mere seconds to her advantage, she pushed of the ground in a feat of sheer strength and landed on her feet, her sword raised before her.

Breathing heavily, the woman only measured the man up. He was fairly tall for a Drow male, standing about five foot nine, which was entirely out of normality. Her own form, reaching about five foot six and a half was about the right size. Her chest raised and lowered rapidly as the two warriors circled themselves, measuring up each other’s skills. The male advanced and swung, then feinted and used his other blade to assail Zelena with. She however was not fooled by the male, for Masters of Melee always feinted to measure up an opponent. A simple flick of her wrist was all that was needed for her to parry the sword away, but she was tired of this, so as the same second she parried the sword she reversed her grip, summoning up a spell with in her lips, and crouched low and spun. She brought the slight curve of her sword towards the hip of the drow, and released her spell. Her blade only shimmered with a renew sharpness, as the male unprepared attempted to block the songsword. The sword of Zelena however, sliced through the steel male sword and bit deep into flesh and tendons. The portions of the drow’s body slowly fell upon the ground as she cleaved him in half. Hearing more noise, Zelena slowly withdrew to the shadows of the tree tops. “ May Eilistraee guide your soul from Lloth.”

Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ Zelena breathed deeply, that was about all she could do. No one was there, no one was around her, and no one cared, which was the very core of her sadness. That was how she felt, and that indeed was her weakness. She turned her head downwards as she stared about a hundred of feet down. She crouched upon a tree branch, high above the world. It was the only safety that she could use when traveling alone at night. She breathed deeply again, retracing her current journey. If she would have stayed with her master, stayed with the very male and female who taught her both clerical and magical skills, she would not have been in this predicament. Having reached her peak levels with both of her masters, she thought she was ready for the outside world. She shook her head as tears fell down her soft pale skin. She was wrong….

She was tired of it, tired of being hunted, tired of being shot at, and having broken bones. She nearly died about ten times since she entered this forsaken forest. She felt her emotions churning and causing a tight strain upon her body. Her mind began to race and then began to tighten her muscles which were already fatigued and aching. “Slow down your breathing and focus. Relax Zelena….Relax…” After ten minutes of reverie her mind began to subside, easing her body as well.

“So I’ve fought countless Lloth clerics and countless creatures, but yet I cannot still find a place of peace. I’ve heard of the promenade but cannot find it. I’ve asked Eilistraee but for some reason she will not tell me. That leads me to conclude that she is testing me….but why me? Why must I be tested…I’m so tired, so very tired. Eilistraee….Please help me…grant me mercy……” Her mind began to fully scatter around as darkness took her......

…………………………………………………………………………………………….

~ The morning dew dripped from the upper branches and slowly made their way upon the face of Zelena. Her eyes opened and shock took her. “ I fell asleep!” Her mind ranged out as she lifted her body. She realized, however, that she slept perfectly upon a thin upper branch without falling. If not for the sudden shock Zelena would have said praise Eilistraee but because she did not realize her height, Zelena lost her balance, and slipped off. She grasped and reached out, her arm gripping a near by branch, that jarred her bones as gravity was halted from her falling body. Feeling the tear, Zelena made a soft scream, and hung up bearing the pain. She used her legs to feel around. Feeling a branch beneath her, Zelena let go, falling upon the very base of the branch. Moving close to the tree, she feared if she went out on it enough it would break. Holding her right arm, she began to maneuver down the branches, towards the floor.

Her breaths were shallow and pain rang with in her mind. Slowly she stood up and began to sing, allowing her voice to Eilistraee to mend with in the wind, and drift softly to the area of her jarred arm. The song of her voice melded into her bone, reattaching it and slowly closed up any tore muscles. After singing, she released the song’s magical implements and looked around. “Praise Eilistraee” She said finally as she chuckled. Indeed her goddess had protected her from the viciousness of the night. Looking around, she faded into the shadows of the forest shade and began to hunt anew.