Thoughts Thread...

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Perhaps...
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

"That which is not slightly distorted lacks sensible appeal: From which it follows that irregularity -- that is to say, the unexpected, surprise and astonishment, are an essential part and characteristic of beauty." ~ Charles Baudelaire
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

One of my favorite thoughts, which happens to be one I coined personally when I was in high school.

Different people live their lives different ways for different reasons, and if we were to spend our lives trying to make sense of those reasons we would look back and realize our lives had been wasted.
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

[i:ii485xqg]Life perpetuates itself through diversity, and this includes the ability to sacrifice itself when necessary. Cells repeat the process of degeneration and regeneration until one day they die, obliterating an entire set of memory and information. Only genes remain. Why continually repeat this cycle? Simply to survive by avoiding the weaknesses of an unchanging system.[/i:ii485xqg] - The Puppet Master, Ghost in the Shell (1995).
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Just the pic, but it kind of says it all...

[img:vxduswri]http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/1093 ... aj1gz0.gif[/img:vxduswri]
-----
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Wow
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Wow is an understatement.. so its safe to say in the scheme of things? We are nothing.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

I dunno, I don't look at it that way. Basically all it shows is how small we really are, but it doesn't show anything proving that in the grand scheme we are worthless and meaningless. Really there's no proof that anything exists with a specific purpose, just that one thing is here, and another, larger thing is there.
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

hey! i can see my house
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

What I meant was it puts it into perspective how small we are and it doesn't help when one feels utterly alone. That just makes you feel even smaller. Though it is cool to see the new biggest star on record last i knew it was Betelguese.
Site, story being redone

Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

Ain't the multiverse grand? :D
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

I still can't believe they named a star Betelguese.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Yeah, "Wow" pretty much describes what i was feeling when i saw that for the first time. The first part was cool, and i thought it'd end with the Sun, but after that it just kept going and going, becoming almost intimidating. That point is pretty much driven home by placing the Sun next to Canis Majoris at the very end.

It also makes you wonder whether the stuff you're worrying about is actually worth worrying about too. Kudos to whomever made that for the research that went into it though, as well as getting the scale right.
-----
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Multiverse where the possibilities are endless. I can believe they named a star that.. I'm sure there was a reason for it. Though I love how they're calling the biggest star in simple terms something like Big Dog.
Site, story being redone

Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

I think the naming of a star really depends on luck, because if I'm not mistaken the person that discovers the star gets legal right o pick the name.