Thoughts Thread...

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

To the comment of if a tree falls in the forest... it clearly comes from a husband... in that case yes you are wrong.. apparently we men are always wrong even if we are 100% right to the rest of the world.(observed this many times)

Which is faster dark or light?

How many shades of a shadow is there and is there a shadow of a shadow?

To live is to die and to die is to live.

Why do people think they're so damned funny when they ask stupid questions on the phone. Especially on the work phone.(not employed at the moment but memories.. -cough-) Hi do you have a driving range?. Hi do you have a miniature golf course?

And for personal." Oh you are home." To these I question myself. Do I really want to call myself a human being anymore? Because if this stupidity is normal.. then i'm not normal.

and my last one.. which i think we all wonder.

Why the hell does a deer STAND in the road staring into the headlights of an oncoming car only to get hit and mess up the car and kill itself. Are they really emo? if they are why not just jump off a cliff like lemmings?
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

A warrior in mind is a thief at heart.
:3
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Cangaroos do that too, not only deers.

The book Dracula is about feminine sexuality in Victorian England.
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

It takes an emotionless calm to stare into the eyes of fear and watch it cringe.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

I don't want to listen about your traumas in youth.
But to make you feel better, let's play a game...
How about...umm... 'hide and go fuck yourself'?

How's that?
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

[quote="Zekafae":5n9pe5uj]

Why the hell does a deer STAND in the road staring into the headlights of an oncoming car only to get hit and mess up the car and kill itself. Are they really emo? if they are why not just jump off a cliff like lemmings?[/quote:5n9pe5uj]

it's like hypinosis to them or when a bug looks in to a bug zapper and has the urge to fly in to the light in short they couldnt move if they watend to as for lemmings... well there just natuers retards.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

[quote:3lv2o5gv]PS.: Malek you rock![/quote:3lv2o5gv]

...I do?
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

People say that free will is an illusion, I say they are free to think whatever they want :D
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

Gods bless yer' little heart Narsia :D
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

AY
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

the book DR.jekel & MR.hyde is about mans super-ego v.s. his id
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Only fools are positive!
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

The effects of plate tectonics on glaciation:

The South American and North American continents were not always connected. The Istmus of Panama was once allowed unrestricted circulation of water currents to flow around the Earth. Once the two continents joined via a land-bridge, this had a domino effect. This effected circulation of deep ocean currents by redirecting them to the upper polar latitudes, causing circulation of water to cool those regions, resulting in forming icecaps over Antarctica and the Arctic.

Milankovich Cycles:

Earth changes it's orbit [b:2k7gxver]gradually[/b:2k7gxver] from a nearly circular orbit to a rather elliptical orbit, over 100,000 years, and back after another 100,000 years. Over a period of 41,000 years, the tilt of the Earth gradually changes by 2 degrees, from 22.5 to 24.5 degrees, and back after another 41,000 years. The wobble of the Earth changes every 20,000 years. All of these subtle changes have some effects on Earth's climate.

Getting my brain ready for an exam tomorrow. The accuracy of these jumbling thoughts might be blurry due to it being late at night here. ;)
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

It makes sense. But I also remember watching a thing on how the magnetic field changes every so many years. instead of cycling north to south and from the south to the north it reverses.

To be simple say the field is turning clock wise then it'll slow down stop and go counter clockwise for so many years and then repeat.

Though here's a thought.. its generally believed that the ocean is blue because the water itself is blue. However taking this water and putting it into a glass it "magically" becomes clear. The reason for the waters appearing certain colors has to do with the algae in the water. as certain algae will give the water a greenish tint with the blue others more blue and some like the res sea is caused by algae but also the surrounding land. So that brings to one question. During the day the sky is blue at night its black and full of stars. When the sun rises and sets the sky turns color to various shades. Why does this happen?

The answer would be(to my current memory and understanding) it is the gasses in the sky that reflect the sunlight apparently bending the light so during the day its blue. During dawn and dusk the sun's angle changes dramatically causing the sunlight to bounce off differently and at night these gasses aren't blocking light so we get a clear view of the space around us.

I have too much time on my hands.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

weare nerds. of course we have to much time on our hands