Thoughts Thread...

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zaravir
Maid
Maid

Post by Zaravir »

Existence, perception and reality are quite difficult to discuss because it is, in most cases, individual to some extent. Take hallucinations for example. Somebody who is either "insane" or on drugs may see things that according to others are non-existing. In the end it is the persons brain that tries to make sense of some chemical signal. Even most mental diseases are connected to molecular malfunctions in the brain by now. This however does not make it less real to the person who bears witness to it.

I guess what I've come to peace with is the notion that everybody wanders about in their own little world where some worlds are more likely to interact than others. This being the classic normal/strange discussion.
Einstein said that if quantum mechanics is right, then the world is crazy. Well, Einstein was right. The world is crazy.
-Daniel Greenberger
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

We're talking about the "argument" of what is normal and whats not right? Normal for some people is working a 9-5 job every day and living the "perfect american family life" which many of us I'm sure heard of. Wife(or husband) 2 kids and a dog. Nice house nice neighborhood ect ect. Other people see that as strange and bizarre. So many people will like you said live in their world and live maybe in the same neighborhood with a good family but they're more active and "free" with how they act and dress.

This also brings up the word Taboo. I've watched it many times on national geographic and it solidifies this.. what one group of people do and to them is completely normal is taboo to another.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

A perfect life for me...A small house, big big balcony, lot's of plants, a partially dead parrot, pack of smokes and vodka.

That's it.

And I have to die working in this God forsaken country to do that....
:3
Zaravir
Maid
Maid

Post by Zaravir »

Actually where I was headed was not supposed to take family interactions into account. What I am trying to say is that any individuals ability to communicate(interact) with another individual is to some extent defined by the limits of the same individuals world. Where these world overlap communication is easy and where they don't things get complicated or simply break down. The so called worlds are defined by a lot of different factors including social background, education and even mental disorders. When I start talking about normal/strange I mean that people that have difficulties in interacting with others are natural "strangers" to some extent.
Ofcourse that is just my interpretation of it and as I'm a biologist that normally don't deal with philosophical issues it would probably be smart to regard much of what I say as hot air in a balloon. Besides I ended up having a beer too much this afternoon so I probably make just as little sense in this post as in my last one. Whatever... now I tried.
Einstein said that if quantum mechanics is right, then the world is crazy. Well, Einstein was right. The world is crazy.
-Daniel Greenberger
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Most obvious example of that would be this very thread. We're talking to each other in a 'world' which is detailed (thus defined) enough to have Drow following a goddess named Eilistraee and a bunch of other nonhuman races walking around on it.

Just felt like pointing that out as well :P
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Now I earn 40 % above the average monthly salary and work a third of the time. To work full time I have to finish my studies (another 3 years to get a bachelor, another 2 years for a master's degree, and my dream is achieving a doctor of british literature, another 4 years) But all this is in vain, bacause a flat costs here about 200 times the average salary.
atiguy
Maid
Maid

Post by atiguy »

Silence nothing but....a room is behind me her head upon the floor bleeding..the rats are around whatever is left of the torn body. No windows....just the room behind the one I'm in one door its never been opened. Is this......sanity?

-just flowing out of my own head.
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

If in a rage you put your fist into a wall and happen to find a stud and break your fingers, does the wall snicker at you behind your back for being such a twit?
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

The Universe laughs behind your back.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Monday is always the one to blame...
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

You have no idea how right you are.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Unfortunately I am a little bit aware of that.
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

[quote:1m7bnp9d]Enemy Pilot: "Ha! You missed me!"

Me: "Pull up stupid."

Enemy Pilot: "Huh? Oh sh" *BOOM!*[/quote:1m7bnp9d]

What doesn't kill em in the air, another kills em on the ground.

[i:1m7bnp9d]Occured a few times while in simulated air combat.[/i:1m7bnp9d] :D
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Right. As some of you may know, i work in a convenience store. Every once in a while, we get an intern or two, fresh from school when they're still all cute and gullible.

This afternoon, a customer put up an argument when she somehow misheard my "No wonder, it's warm outside" with "Crying babies should stay outside." Which is complete bull, as we primarily sell toys. Woman goes out, shouting that i said crying babies weren't allowed in.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to keep polluting the gene pool. Anyway...

Later on, i tell the intern about this, conversation went somewhat like this:

[quote:3keo8spn]Me - "So yeah... She's probably telling her friends now that i eat babies or something."

Intern - "Eat babies?"

Me (casually glances, straight face) "Yeah... They're like tender chicken, only with way more fat, and slightly more bland."

Intern (shocked) "...You eat [i:3keo8spn]babies?[/i:3keo8spn]" [img:3keo8spn]http://home.versatel.nl/piccone/Smilies/huh.gif[/img:3keo8spn][/quote:3keo8spn]

I denied, of course, but later on pressed the subject somewhat with some aimed comments ("Crawling around makes the baby meat more supple", stuff like that), so i'd say there's about a 50/50 chance of having actually convinced him i eat babies. Especially given that a colleague of mine told me half an hour later that the intern was [i:3keo8spn]still[/i:3keo8spn] talking about it :D

Looking forward to tomorrow, just to see how much of it he believed XD
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

Marry me...