Another new guy topic

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Another new guy topic

Post by Zekafae »

I just want to say hello to everyone and its a pleasure to finally get onto a drow group. And, one that is so close to a char I've played for sometime (not on NVN sadly but in the hell world known as yahell... but its changed... mostly).

I'd offer a brief summary of myself but that's for another time and place. For the wonderful game that is Neverwinter Nights 2 I've been enjoying my Drow and sadly due to outside occurances haven't been playing it much/at all. Recent interests has brought me back and now I want to try "sharing" my drow with others... I'll post the story of the drow I've "loved" for so long and am ever so slowly on working towards a replica of in nvn2. Anyways hope to get into games and be a welcome part of the party.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Welcome to the jungle...We have fun and games...
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

Salutations, and welcome.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Thank you both.. I'm still trying to figure the system here out.

And I haven't noticed but is there a certain server or any meeting place we gather online in nvn2?
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Shir'le has been working in something like that for a while now. I'm not sure what the latest in that is, however.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Thanks I was wondering so I know when/where to join for any games and fun.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Malek":1nigjxjy]Shir'le has been working in something like that for a while now. I'm not sure what the latest in that is, however.[/quote:1nigjxjy]
The latest on that is... don't hold your breath. It's simply too much work building the entire thing alone. Maybe I should start considering building it from prefabs instead. Of course, I'm always willing to host a server over the weekend or so if there's interest (and someone has a module to host). I'll continue to work, but it's going to take a long time.

Anyway, welcome Zekafae. May you find a home of sorts here.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Welcome! May this place became a home for you, as it already has for such a great deal of us.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Thank you for the welcome. If I knew how to do modules I'd be more than happy to work on one. Sadly i'm not THAT good with computers. I didn't put points into programming skills. Anyways Its good to find a place thats so welcoming.

On a side note I just noticed this. While remaking(4th time) my drow ranger I notice as a ranger I cannot choose Eilistraee as my favored deity and yet i choose others its perfectly acceptable. A little strange no?
Site, story being redone

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Zekafae":zqi2p69l]On a side note I just noticed this. While remaking(4th time) my drow ranger I notice as a ranger I cannot choose Eilistraee as my favored deity and yet i choose others its perfectly acceptable. A little strange no?[/quote:zqi2p69l]
As I recall that's because in NWN2 Eilistraee isn't technically seen as a nature deity and NWN2 (mistakenly) restricts rangers to only worshiping nature deities.

But this is fairly easy to change (for someone who knows what they're doing); should be direction on how to somewhere around the forums. It comes down to editing one of the 2da-files NWN2 uses, which is a fairly simple text-edit.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Thanks for the info I just found another way around something so easy that I feel stupid for not considering. Just take another class.
Site, story being redone

Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Hiyas, welcome to the forums ^_^

I had a godly NWN1 Monk (Epic Damage Reduction 3, gear centered around soaking and counterdamage (Belphegor (sp?)'s robe had Negative Energy Circle methinks).

On NWN2, i seem stuck trying to decide, i keep starting over before reaching Neverwinter. Probably going caster Bard/RDD though, or maybe roll up a Drow Druid called Maya...
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

[quote="Ix'Chimalxochitzin":3ovunasc]Hiyas, welcome to the forums ^_^

I had a godly NWN1 Monk (Epic Damage Reduction 3, gear centered around soaking and counterdamage (Belphegor (sp?)'s robe had Negative Energy Circle methinks).

On NWN2, i seem stuck trying to decide, i keep starting over before reaching Neverwinter. Probably going caster Bard/RDD though, or maybe roll up a Drow Druid called Maya...[/quote:3ovunasc]

Thanks for the welcome. I didn't play nwn1 much but nwn2 I'm on the same boat you are. So far I started from a level 1 drow wizard then took level 1 ranger FE dragons(keeping to the char concept but I do plan on getting into a game where i can fight more of them). Other FE would be outsiders and then whatever
Site, story being redone

Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

The times i started up a Ranger, i always started out with FE Undead. Sure, most skeletons die in one hit, zombies move so slow you'd wonder how they ever got [i:37em1ph7]out[/i:37em1ph7] of the grave in the first place and the only Undead that's worth having the FE for is a separate category.

Why i pick FE Undead? Because they're [i:37em1ph7]MY[/i:37em1ph7] FE. For some reason, skels and zombies annoy me on sight, and i generally go out of my way to attack a couple.

Barbarian / Bow Ranger dualclass, was fun. Shouldn't be a problem playing it with NWN2's beyond broken rest system. Should there ever be a NWN3, i'd like to propose the Baldur's Gate rest system w/possible random encounters in between maps.
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Sounds like another game I have. Just certain enemies you go right for just to remove the annoyance factor. Undead and outsiders will be the others ones. I'm just wondering what I'll face more in mask. if its more outsiders then thats second if its more undead then undead right now dragons because any extra damage i can get would be awesome. God only knows when I did RP zek his bow was rediculous.. but he knew well enough to not fight head on. He might be a skilled killer but he'd rather kill from afar then get up close. Leave that to the fighters.

When i did play zek he has many weaknesses which could be exploited physically its a little difficult but any who know an ounce of his background can invoke somethings which affect mentally and any warlock could mess with his blood i'm sure.
Site, story being redone