Ascendency of the Last

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

well, I haven't read the book of course, but...it seemed to me, from the discussion, that it wasn't necessarily saying that all are purely evil. I think what they were saying was that this idea of "Redemption", of becoming what they once were and shaking off the curse, is no longer a reality. Sure, there are those that did, but without Eilistraee no others can reach this point.
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Thalon Mercrow":ycu9snpw]in addition i have decied to startup a letter capaign to "officile" bring her back and i hope that all of you who feel as strongly about this as i do will help me.[/quote:ycu9snpw]
Most definitely. All I need is an e-mail/snail-mail address to send things to.

Also, I wanted to post my outrage on their official forums, but it seems that I can't actually post there (and my request for help have [i:ycu9snpw]still[/i:ycu9snpw] gone unanswered).

Though right now I'm basically thinking 'screw D&D'; we don't need those rules to play at all. And I hope to spread the word far and wide how rotten Wizards is treating its fans, hopefully convincing people to not buy into this crap. My fondest dream right now is [i:ycu9snpw]not[/i:ycu9snpw] to see Eilistraee resurrected (as they'll just screw her over again), but to see 4E and Wizards crash and burn.

Yes, I'm still [i:ycu9snpw]very[/i:ycu9snpw] fucking pissed off.

[quote="Thalon Mercrow":ycu9snpw]for as long as i draw breath and this site still stands she will live.[/quote:ycu9snpw]
Oh, don't worry. This site isn't going anywhere. Though I am working to remove all references to Wizards and their products from the site.

[quote="Zekafae":ycu9snpw]if they say all drow are evil then all your "goody" drizzt players are now seriously screwed. can we say "Ha bitch you're drizzt is really evil!"[/quote:ycu9snpw]
They're seriously misguided if they think this'll do anything at all to even slow down the tide of Drizzt clones (after all, Drizzt himself still exists and is still drow as far as I'm aware). You'll still have tides of people making clones and cajoling DMs into letting them play good drow... people who want to play such clones don't really give a crap about what the setting says and just care about what they want.

So if anything this is only making things [i:ycu9snpw]worse[/i:ycu9snpw] on that front because it does nothing to stop Drizzt clones and everything to stop serious roleplayers, like ourselves, who try to do more and make it work within the setting. To those of us who actually understand that you can't just walk around on the surface all happy-go-lucky and expect everyone to just embrace you it's saying "fuck you and sod off", while Drizzt is still on the cover of their manuals saying to the clones "please, we want more of you".

And that just pisses me off.

Bah.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Well I think Nedy said it and I like that idea. Screw Drizzt! He's evil, yeah! Screw him! Or, what's more likely, they'll think of another book about that freakin black-skinned terminator and he will be redeemed. That's because the majority of those that actually like the idea of a rampaging, unstopable hero are unsophisticated, Diablo lovers that play like this (and this is a true story):
DM: You enter a ...
Player 1: I search it!
DM: You see a ...
Player 1: I switch (like in Baldur's Gate 1) to a crossbow and kill it!
DM: The beast is ...
Player 1: I search it!

Gods how this pisses me off. The sad thing is people are not aware of how much they loose with their silent aprooval of 4th ed changes. As specially by the loss of the majority of deities.
Zaravir
Maid
Maid

Post by Zaravir »

It is a horrible turn of events and one that breaks my heart. :'( I'm not sure why but Nietschze comes to mind. He has been quoted on numerous occations for saying: "God is dead"
The most common response has been: "Nietschze is dead"- God
While it may a while longer for wizards to die(or have a change of heart) than it took Netschze. I believe Eilistraee may still prevail. In the meantime we will look to our High Priestess for guidance.
Einstein said that if quantum mechanics is right, then the world is crazy. Well, Einstein was right. The world is crazy.
-Daniel Greenberger
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

And besides, we have the book were it's already stated: Eilistraee is DEAD! Loose hope all who enter the Realms. And what now? Should they somehow revive Eilistraee, ot should (somehow, someone) absorb her essence (like Mystra's) the person most suitable for it would be Qilue. And she's been vaperised. What now? I honestly don't think the Wi... the Wi... I can't even right their name and not spit. I don't think they'll go and say: O sorry guys, only kiddin'. Poof! Nothing really happened. Someone will re-write the last book. Lisa, you're fired.

They destroyed the most probable way of reviving Eilistraee. Anything that happens from no on will be extremely stupid, naive and (I dare say) not worth while. They've screwed with their fans for one time too many.
Zaravir
Maid
Maid

Post by Zaravir »

You just had to destroy that last little bit of hope didn't you... :(
Einstein said that if quantum mechanics is right, then the world is crazy. Well, Einstein was right. The world is crazy.
-Daniel Greenberger
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I feel evil...

No but seriously, we knew it was coming. O and we know what to do, don't we?
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

well, admittedly I haven't read the book, but...I think, if the drow that followed Eilistraee were transformed into dark elves, and the rest remained Drow, what they were saying was that they could not be "redeemed"...as in, they stay drow. I don't think it was necessarily saying they're all evil to the core and there's no way they can change...but, again, I haven't read the book yet...

and also...it's still possible. I could see it being done, a resurrection without necessarily using Qilue as the vessel. Of course, it would have to be done carefully to avoid something utterly stupid in the view of those that are fans of Eilistraee, but...I think it could be done, and while I myself will not give up on the realms entirely in my home campaign, I do intend on running something that would culminate in the Goddess' return to the Realms...I'll just...have to plan it out, lol.
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

ah! a Nietschze qoute.the irony is he hated religon and a religous RP group is useing his qouts for there own macabar pourposes.perhaps we ahould discusse ayn rand later. but to the point im still looking for thoses adressess so we can blitz WOTC with hate mail and angry letters when we find them(when i do find the adressess i will post them on this forum).also Arathen irs nice to see that your optimisitc about all this
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

okay, I talked to a friend that -has- the book, and from what they tell me (and I'm still gonna read the book), in the Epilogue, Eilistraee -doesn't- necessarily die. She allows Lloth to take her Mother piece and feigns death, and then Lloth moves to take another piece that is actually Eilistraee in disguise. Before Lloth can lay claim to all of the Drow, though, Corellon steps in and takes Eilistraee's place, turning all of her pieces from Drow black to a brown tone, and the only real change to Eilistraee's realm was that the moon became new rather than a full or half moon.

So, dead, huh? I think not ;)

Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

this sounds slightly more hopful the our first asumptions but i still reservee the right to pass jugement. when your finshised reading the book give us an explanion and your opioun i would like to hear it from one of us because of our uniqe prespective on the issue & i only herd it from an outsiders point of veiw wich may or may not be crorect.
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

[quote="Arathen":1xlk2vb6]okay, I talked to a friend that -has- the book, and from what they tell me (and I'm still gonna read the book), in the Epilogue, Eilistraee -doesn't- necessarily die. She allows Lloth to take her Mother piece and feigns death, and then Lloth moves to take another piece that is actually Eilistraee in disguise. Before Lloth can lay claim to all of the Drow, though, Corellon steps in and takes Eilistraee's place, turning all of her pieces from Drow black to a brown tone, and the only real change to Eilistraee's realm was that the moon became new rather than a full or half moon.

So, dead, huh? I think not ;)[/quote:1xlk2vb6]

That would explain why I found Eilistraee's name on a list of confirmed living deities. It seems likely to me that the Mother piece that was lost was infact Qilue. We won't know until July if she is alive or not.

Also I wouldn't put it past wizards to use this as a stunt for 4th Ed.
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

where did you see this list at? and if its on the net could you try and post a link plez.
Last edited by Thalon Mercrow on Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

In the past it was hard to keep FR deities dead, I posted the first reviews I saw so if they were wrong please do not blame the messenger.

As for taking "Mother piece" that does not seem to make much sense, Eilistraee did not have that domain or profile, nor did her brother. There again Sava as a game is not well explained.

Lisa appears to have gone into hiding shortly after releasr of the second book of three from candlekeep and prehaps most other sites as well.
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

oh! dont worry i dont blame you in fact i want to thank you for briging the subject to light. what i was saying in my earlyer postes is that the person who made the reveiw could have misinterpertend the ending. i want to get Arathens or anybody elses take on it since we and more likely to interpert & scutinize the book more then your average reader or D&D player. thats all im saying :)