4E: What do we do?

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

4E: What do we do?

Go 4E; try and make Eilistraee fit in 4E.
14%
Stick with 3E; ignore 4E and keep what we have.
61%
Abandon D&D; fit Eilistraee in another rule system(s).
14%
Abandon systems; stick purely with Eilistraee’s background.
4%
Abandon Eilistraee; shut down the site.
No votes
Other (please explain).
7%

Total votes: 57

Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Post by Alaric Darkrose »

[quote="Xityar":297wruoz]I might agree that Eilistraee was slain, but in my books gods are immortal, so that takes care of that little problem, although she may be weakened and unable to act for a while, she's still around, and very likely consoling the wayward slayette in the afterlife...[/quote:297wruoz]Do you mean the person who killed her, or the person who's body she was in while she died. If you mean the later, I doubt Eilistraee is consoling them. Mrs. Smedman made it perfectly clear that the weapon used actually destroys mortal souls. It was made to kill Lolth, after all.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Alaric Darkrose":5yd4lz77]EDIT: I have another idea. Lisa Smedman left it wide open for Eilistraee to be revived. No deity is truly dead as long as they have worshippers. And as Bane illustrated, if you get enough worshippers, you can be resurrected.[/quote:5yd4lz77]
It would feel very lame to bring her back from the dead though, as it did with Bane and any other god (or mortal) they bring back after a "certain death".

Besides, I'd rather not validate what WotC did by running with their idiotic storyline; instead I'd rather just ignore the whole stupidity or start over in another setting.

As for the site, hopefully when we can get the wiki moving we can move this into a setting-independent direction.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Dragonessa
Maid
Maid

Post by Dragonessa »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":3q8seri2]...As for the site, hopefully when we can get the wiki moving we can move this into a setting-independent direction.[/quote:3q8seri2]

I for one would prefer that. I tend to jump settings rather frequently anyway. Plus, your site is really the de-facto place to go for the Drow language and culture. Everyone I RP with that play Drow regularly drop by here to reference the dictionary among other things. (In fact, that's how I found out about your site in the first place.) I'd hate to see such a wonderful resource die. :)
Gardas
Maid
Maid

Post by Gardas »

Are you hear abouy chronoportals? It's portals in the time. These portals can be used by the post-Spellplague mages for change past events, incuding event of AotL, and Eilistraee and others will live. After this the alternative universe will be created. All my Forgotten Realms set in the changed world since 1374 DR.
Lloth and Shadow Lord must be destroyed!
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Gardas":1uvjq0b5]Are you hear abouy chronoportals? It's portals in the time. These portals can be used by the post-Spellplague mages for change past events, incuding event of AotL, and Eilistraee and others will live. After this the alternative universe will be created. All my Forgotten Realms set in the changed world since 1374 DR.[/quote:1uvjq0b5]

Well time magic has existed in prior editions it also sets up a paradox.

Not sure how others feel about spellplague occuring at all. Under your proposal no spellplage no chronoportals, thus no time travel.

It is just as easy to say that the Sava game never occured and the 3.5 Drow deities continue to contest with each other.

Either option means a departure from 4th Edition canon, there again the Chosen pretty much have tended to rejecting 4th and transitional canon anyway.

It just becomes a matter of how to do it that most feel comfortable with.
Shriarra
Maid
Maid

Post by Shriarra »

[quote="Dragonessa":2xxlzf7u][quote="Shir'le E. Illios":2xxlzf7u]...As for the site, hopefully when we can get the wiki moving we can move this into a setting-independent direction.[/quote:2xxlzf7u]

I for one would prefer that. I tend to jump settings rather frequently anyway. Plus, your site is really the de-facto place to go for the Drow language and culture. Everyone I RP with that play Drow regularly drop by here to reference the dictionary among other things. (In fact, that's how I found out about your site in the first place.) I'd hate to see such a wonderful resource die. :)[/quote:2xxlzf7u]

The same can be said, for me. I've been role playing Drow for a few years on Neverwinter Nights 1, and I've always used this site as a reference of some sort.

Though I, for one, have never much cared for the idea of following someone else's rules to a t. In a fantasy setting, I don't like being told what I can and can't do, or what sort of creatures exist, or exactly what happens when you use a certain spell, and its limitations.

Its fantasy, and there aren't supposed to be limitations! Forgotten realms, and d&d are a great place to start.. but I don't think we should be limited to what someone else writes about a certain aspect of our fantasy world, and we shouldn't feel obligated to kill off our goddess because that's what happens in 'cannon lore'.
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

[quote="Shriarra":2lw6f3te]Its fantasy, and there aren't supposed to be limitations! Forgotten realms, and d&d are a great place to start.. but I don't think we should be limited to what someone else writes about a certain aspect of our fantasy world, and we shouldn't feel obligated to kill off our goddess because that's what happens in 'cannon lore'.[/quote:2lw6f3te] I fully agree. The biggest gripe I have with 4E is that it is very limiting.
Dragonessa
Maid
Maid

Post by Dragonessa »

[quote="Alaric Darkrose":ye4ja20i][quote="Shriarra":ye4ja20i]Its fantasy, and there aren't supposed to be limitations! Forgotten realms, and d&d are a great place to start.. but I don't think we should be limited to what someone else writes about a certain aspect of our fantasy world, and we shouldn't feel obligated to kill off our goddess because that's what happens in 'cannon lore'.[/quote:ye4ja20i] I fully agree. The biggest gripe I have with 4E is that it is very limiting.[/quote:ye4ja20i]

I second all these sentiments! (Er.. is it third? :angel: )
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Although I will say that the only gripe that I had with 3.5E is that it got to the point that people were using 4 or 5 supplements to put together one character, or I would need to go out and buy half a dozen of them to run a pre-made campaign (yes, I'm a lazy b******).
Dragonessa
Maid
Maid

Post by Dragonessa »

[quote="Alaric Darkrose":3v73o26l]Although I will say that the only gripe that I had with 3.5E is that it got to the point that people were using 4 or 5 supplements to put together one character, or I would need to go out and buy half a dozen of them to run a pre-made campaign (yes, I'm a lazy b******).[/quote:3v73o26l]

Not half as lazy as I am. I don't even own -one- D&D source book at all. :devil:
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

[quote="Dragonessa":3nwtj5zz][quote="Alaric Darkrose":3nwtj5zz]Although I will say that the only gripe that I had with 3.5E is that it got to the point that people were using 4 or 5 supplements to put together one character, or I would need to go out and buy half a dozen of them to run a pre-made campaign (yes, I'm a lazy b******).[/quote:3nwtj5zz]

Not half as lazy as I am. I don't even own -one- D&D source book at all. :devil:[/quote:3nwtj5zz]Well of course. Part of the D&D experience is mooching off of your friends. I'm speaking from experience, of course.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

[quote="Dragonessa":2vw9r7uj] Not half as lazy as I am. I don't even own -one- D&D source book at all. :devil:[/quote:2vw9r7uj]

Heh, I like that.

I see that as an advantage for you as you are only limited by your imagination :) Having source books etc is nice yet not essential.

:angel:
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Shriarra
Maid
Maid

Post by Shriarra »

[quote="Talwyn Aureliano":1ske6lss][quote="Dragonessa":1ske6lss] Not half as lazy as I am. I don't even own -one- D&D source book at all. :devil:[/quote:1ske6lss]

Heh, I like that.

I see that as an advantage for you as you are only limited by your imagination :) Having source books etc is nice yet not essential.

:angel:[/quote:1ske6lss]
Mmhmm, I think my earlier point could include this, too. That's a blessing, and not a bad thing at all! I think people who try to shove lore down your throat need a serious reality check.. Or would it be a fantasy check maybe? Hmm...
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[quote="Shriarra":316q0owk]
Though I, for one, have never much cared for the idea of following someone else's rules to a t. In a fantasy setting, I don't like being told what I can and can't do, or what sort of creatures exist, or exactly what happens when you use a certain spell, and its limitations.

Its fantasy, and there aren't supposed to be limitations! Forgotten realms, and d&d are a great place to start...[/quote:316q0owk]

[color=darkred:316q0owk]That's what wish is for... :devil: :devil: :devil:

...and of course, they binned wish in 4ed. Which is ONE of the biggest objections I have to Fourth Edition. :( [/color:316q0owk]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Let me sum up 4th edition in one sentence: "Dungeons and Dragons for Dummies."
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.