Massive global campaign...

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Where should we be taken

Pathfinder setting...
47%
Some plain of existence in FR multiverse...
20%
Adapt to 4th edition of FR (the campaign will take us and a part of the Goddess safely to the new setting)
20%
Any other setting (state a proposal)
13%

Total votes: 15

Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Email sent! ^_^

What's this 'Pathfinder' setting mean anyway?
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Pathfinder is a setting created by Paizo, the company that used to publish Dragon and Dungeon magazines. It used the 3.5 rules, and seeks to fix the problems that were present in 3.5 rather than create an entirely new ruleset. I've actually been looking over what's available for Pathfinder, and I have to admit...it feels a lot more like D&D than 4th does. Don't get me wrong...4th is fun and all, but I have to agree that it's D&D in name only...

I, for one, will be using Pathfinder for my own campaign world, even if I dabble in 4e from time to time (and yeah, I know...I've completely changed my opinion *laughs*. But now that I've had a look, well...yeah, Pathfinder is definitely the answer.

My own campaign world is in the early stages of being put together, but I've had a goddess based on Eilistraee from the start, and she lives on no matter [i:t1wgql2q]what[/i:t1wgql2q] Wizards does with FR. She's not exactly the same, of course...but...to me, she's a reflection of Eilistraee, her manifestation in my own game world.
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Sounds good to me then ^_^

To be honest, i like playing around with stats, dice rolls and stuff. Sure, it may be a bit hard for a new person to get the hang of it, but imho that's only a good thing.

After all, a game is only as good as the amount of effort the players are willing to put into it. And if a game is easy to get in, chances are a score of casual 'game hoppers' will follow shortly afterwards.
-----
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

hmm..let me know where your going with this and if i can join in
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Good news. The drow have hit Pathfinder officially. Just click [url=http://paizo.com/pathfinder/v5748btpy80i9:2uq7tbiu]here[/url:2uq7tbiu]. That really helps, in some ways at least. Let's just hope that this setting is far from being spoiled.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Never played Pathfinder...might be fun :)
:3
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Ah, that is good. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Dostrealt
Maid
Maid

Re: Massive global campaign...

Post by Dostrealt »

[quote="Argoth":3ierl1xe]Ok, as many may have seen I've posted an idea of global campaign for all of us that will take us from the now dead Forgotten Realms to another place, where we can worship our goddess without any trouble. This may take months of online playing and sever threads, should there be a need for such.[/quote:3ierl1xe]

I've only just turned up and am not sure I could commit to attending a forum RPG on a regular enough basis to avoid disrupting things for other players.

But I voted for Other. I would personally probably go for a trip to another world via spelljamming. I'm told that there is an SJ product that says that all space drow came from Toril. So theoretically Eilistraee worship could be found in most spheres.

I would probably go for [url=http://www.spelljammer.org/worlds/locs/ ... l:3ierl1xe]Evertath[/url:3ierl1xe] (or a new world) rather than the Pathfinder world, because Pathfinder is not allowed to use the D&D drow gods. Of course you could send the drow to Evertath and have them get lost and land on a bunch of other drow planets on the way to the "promised land".
Last edited by Dostrealt on Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Quite interesting. Could you PM me a link to some more background? O and as I've said at the beginning, this may take several months. And it will be perfectly fine. Rome wasn't built in a day you know.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

[quote="Argoth":2v77uahk]Good news. The drow have hit Pathfinder officially. Just click [url=http://paizo.com/pathfinder/v5748btpy80i9:2v77uahk]here[/url:2v77uahk]. That really helps, in some ways at least. Let's just hope that this setting is far from being spoiled.[/quote:2v77uahk]

Thanks for the link Argoth, it's been quite informative and has given me a glimmer of hope that theres a game company out there that gives a dam about its players.

From what I saw, Paizo & Pathfinder seem to be the place in which to transfer the dark ladys cult to since WoTC don't give a toss about it.

I'm unable to commit though to playing on a regular basis sadly.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Dostrealt
Maid
Maid

Post by Dostrealt »

[quote="Argoth":3831zkxt]Quite interesting. Could you PM me a link to some more background? O and as I've said at the beginning, this may take several months. And it will be perfectly fine. Rome wasn't built in a day you know.[/quote:3831zkxt]

I did put a link to Evertath in my last post, but here is is as a plain URL:
http://www.spelljammer.org/worlds/locs/ ... rtath.html

You can also find out more about Spelljammer and the drow on the Spelljammer forums at The Piazza. See this thread:
[url=http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopi ... 0:3831zkxt]Can anyone remember where the mention of wildspace drow was?[/url:3831zkxt]

There was a similar thread back in the Wizards COMmunity boards forum for Spelljammer, but that forum has been merged in with almost all other campaign settings (except Forgotten Realms). So don't expect an answer there:
[url=http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.ph ... 6:3831zkxt]Drow in SJ[/url:3831zkxt]

But a basic summary, is that there are [b:3831zkxt]officially[/b:3831zkxt] spelljamming drow living on Kule, in Greyspace (the Greyhawk crystal sphere), plus two other spacefaring drow nations called Eternal Night and Black Widows.

The other stuff (including Evertath and the drow city of Nightweb*) is fanon.

[i:3831zkxt]* = I've never seen Nightweb.[/i:3831zkxt]
Last edited by Dostrealt on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Thanks. I'll have to re-think the plot now.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Use the Force...
:3
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I've tried it but all I've acomplished is throwing randomly selected objects at others and curing cancer. I'll have to work harder. :angel:

O and BTW, did anyone of you see the Force Unleashed trailer? The one where Vader's apprentice brings down a whole Stardestroyer down simply by using the Force? Hilarious. I'm telling ya. See it. People have gone way too far with all that. What on earth happened to Yoda's best trick? Making the X-wing rise from the swamp? Common. Common!
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Well, the main idea of TFU was that rather than create a bunch of new force powers, to go over the top with existing ones instead. And it's going to work.

Why? Because two things increase sales: sex, and mindless wanton destruction. And it has the latter in spades.
-----