Massive global campaign...

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Where should we be taken

Pathfinder setting...
47%
Some plain of existence in FR multiverse...
20%
Adapt to 4th edition of FR (the campaign will take us and a part of the Goddess safely to the new setting)
20%
Any other setting (state a proposal)
13%

Total votes: 15

Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

That's what I was afraid off. Can I unleash a Force Storm ? Or destroy a hole planet? Screw Yoda. This is sweet...

Not for everyone...
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

It's Star Wars Z. [i:fyfberoa]<nods>[/i:fyfberoa]

Still, looked like fun... until I found out that, one, it's a male lead character only and, two, it doesn't come out of PC. :P

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
steelfiredragon
Maid
Maid

Post by steelfiredragon »

force unleasehed......

heard it wasnt for pc, looked like fun, not buying another console
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

There will be no campaign. I've decided to trust Shir'le on this and simply "think of the events of the Lady Penitent as a bad dream" and continue with the prior edition.

Comments?
ashuraa
Maid
Maid

Post by ashuraa »

A campain would be interesting, but not nessiccary. I am willing to go with the board decision either way.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I think there could still be a campaign. I just don't want to give any credence to what's supposedly happening in the Realms. I want to completely ignore the stupidity Wizards is doing here.

As such I'm not comfortable with any story lines set in the Realms where Eilistraee is dying/about to die/already dead, where any references are made to the sava game, etc.

But instead of concentrating on a negative of "Eilistraee is about to die and we've got to save her" a campaign could concentrate on "let's bring Eilistraee's wonders to a new realm". I'd complete leave behind the Realms entirely (leaving it up to individual members to decide how they left or if they ever were part of it in the first place) and [i:39gy8ygy]start[/i:39gy8ygy] a campaign in the new realm (or possible in Sigil or such as a doorway into the new world).

And you can still do the same kind of things, just in the new realm (and based on what is and isn't in that realm). Instead of doing things to save Eilistraee's essence it'd be doing things to give birth to Eilistraee's essence in this new place, or something along those lines. And at the same time it'd serve as a way for people to get familiar with the new realm and get to know its places.

(Imagine, as a comparison, someone new to the realm who needs to go to Evermeet to accomplish part of what they want to do... in doing so they'd get to know about Evermeet and various of its aspects, etc.)

I think that kind of campaign, which I originally understood that this campaign was supposed to be, would be much more positive and work much better than any that gives any credence whatsoever to what WotC is doing. That, indeed, I just want to consider a bad dream so that we can continue to live and exist in the Realms as we always have.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Hmm... Alternatively:

- 'Realms Eilistraee' dies, as per the latest developments.

- Someone stumbles upon a portal to Sigil, and a group of Drow are sent in to investigate

- Due to the way Sigil works, the Drow's mutual belief in Eilistraee recreates her. Note that this would be Eilistraee as they remember her, pre-Vhaeran possibly.

- The Drow return to report, and 'Sigilstraee' follows them to the Realms out of fear of dissipating (no believers left in Sigil).

- Once there, she assimilates into 'Realms Eilistraee's' old role in the Realms, while the followers that didn't head into Sigil believe she never died in the first place.

The end result being that we're technically still compatible to 4E in terms of Lore while still having (a version of) Eilistraee around. The only difference being that she'd be extraplanar as opposed to Corellan's daughter.

It'd also make Eilistraee exist in Sigil, giving players in favor of switching settings the possibility to (Drowish enclave in Sigil?) while keeping the Realms as an option for the people that don't.

Comments?
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

That's actually a very plausible scenario Ix, I like it.

Deities are powered by belief and I would say that there would be enough belief left in FR to revive her.

The Dark Dancer had more than just drow as worshippers. So even though good drow were rare on the surface, there would be plenty of other lay members of her faith [non-drow] who would still hold her in their heart and that would help restore her godhood.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I'd stick with Shir'le's vision, as it's the closest to my own. There was just a slight misunderstanding in acknowledging (damn keybord...) the events of the Lady Penitent series. But now... Gather all, for in weeks the campaign will start...
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Umm... Argoth, Shir'le's version isn't all that different from mine either.

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":feczz1sa]But instead of concentrating on a negative of "Eilistraee is about to die and we've got to save her" a campaign could concentrate on "let's bring Eilistraee's wonders to a new realm". I'd complete leave behind the Realms entirely (leaving it up to individual members to decide how they left or if they ever were part of it in the first place) and start a campaign in the new realm (or [b:feczz1sa]possible in Sigil[/b:feczz1sa] or such as a doorway into the new world).

And you can still do the same kind of things, just in the new realm (and based on what is and isn't in that realm). [b:feczz1sa]Instead of doing things to save Eilistraee's essence it'd be doing things to give birth to Eilistraee's essence in this new place[/b:feczz1sa], or something along those lines. And at the same time it'd serve as a way for people to get familiar with the new realm and get to know its places.[/quote:feczz1sa]

See? ;)
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Had too little booze to notice, sorry...
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Hehe. Golarion is still a plausible option too, I think. The Pathfinder world's drow work a [i:2qmo5las]little[/i:2qmo5las] differently (mostly in that the evil ones worship various Demon lords), but if a number of Eilistraeean Drow found their way to Golarion, I'm sure the faith could easily follow.
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
Serath En'Sendaran
Maid
Maid

Post by Serath En'Sendaran »

I'll do what I can to help, just drop me a line. :)

I personally think the best thing we can do is ignore the Wot-zi idiocy. The more and more I find out about what they have been doing with the "new" setting, the more and more I get frustrated.

I have a friend who writes his own games, and he tried to explain that we're doing nothing but whining about something in consequential until another friend brought up the point that he never liked the Forgotten Realms to begin with, and wasn't emotionally invested in the game.

Personally, I think that we could just scratch the whole Silence thing, and play as though those things never happened.

Hehehe... or we could play as it SHOULD of Ended... with Lolth losing. Hehehe...
"Plynn ussta che, plynn ussta thac'zil,
plynn uns'aa vel'klar Usstan shlubnaut fre'sla,
Flamgra l'thac'zil lu'caghresst l'qu'mados,
dos shlubnaut plynn l'anulo dal uns'aa."
Xityar
Maid
Maid

Post by Xityar »

((I'm sorry if I'm longwinded here...))

I just read up on the 4th edition and wondered what had happened to the realms... like.. there was an additional book coming out "things we forgot" or some such title.

anyhow, I suggest that the story behind her death seems more than a bit vague. Although I can't say I've read much about it, it seems like with the coming of the 4th edition, the pantheons were cleaned out and they put in some new stuff. Basically tossing their well established forgotten realms out the window and trying to dress up it's bastard child nicely.

I'm starting my own pen and paper campaign the next week, and will use the AD&D 2ed for it... It's simply the best one in my mind, 3, and 3.5 seems to be generalizing many things, at the expense of originality, while 4th edition seems to go one step further and drop "minor" things like a handful of deities just to be able to offer a new fresh approach to the game.

But from what I can recall what Eilistraee did was to posses Qilue and then get killed. Wouldn't that count like just being killed as an avatar, which isn't really dying it just zaps her right back.. "home"?

Of course that might be too easy..

But playing along with the idea that this mortalized Eilistraee and she fell victim, then there remains the problem that Mystra would see qilue fall dead. she was a chosen of both deities, and last I heard deities can raise anyone quite easily.

I'm beginning to realize i'm getting nowhere with this. But allow me to try again: ^^;

The thing that makes me wonder the most is that of Eilistraee's general background and story. She chose banishment, because she foresaw that drow would need her in the future.

What became of this? Maybe I missed it somewhere along the way, but I haven't heard of anything that seems to fit the prophecy.

I'm quite sure it can't have been to try and fail saving Qilue. Rather perhaps her death was inconsequential to whatever effect her banishment served for the good drow.

There are other dead gods who are still revered, and anyone who played baldur's gate, knows that dead gods are not so much dead... specially not when walking around in mortal form..

(kinda too close when you think about it)

so anyway where does this lead us?

Eilistraee's death might cause a reaction, which in effect was what the good drow needed. For instance, perhaps the Seldarine, might take to heart her sad fate, and someone.. (or several) or other deities might take up the mantle for good drow.

Perhaps serving as a martyr for such a cause, she finally hands over the torch to someone else who with the backing of more and stronger allies actually can make a more powerful attempt at "saving the drow"

Then again, what would that entail? making them all good seems a bit out of order. A more fitting story would be that there would appear or become some sort of concept that allowed for drow as a people to reclaim their rightful place under the stars.

It could be that Mystra takes part in this to .. as I think I mentioned earlier. what if Qilue is restored by her godess? It's certainly not unthinkable, then what of Eilistraee posessing her. Since Eilistraee is dead, she might not be able to retain her control, becoming some sort of stray conscience or soul lost in the ether. At that point anything goes.

She might very well possess another, or be reborn. Perhaps Corellion creates a second shell, which harbors then this martyr spirit? It would create an interesting twist and offer many new storylines.

A divine body shared by two conscious deities. Perhaps Eilistraee would then become the dark one, with silvery white hair representing the night and drow, while the other, represents the new drow, during the day, with an (optionally) changing complexion.

This since as I recall originall drow were cursed to thier color, to match their hearts.. but i might be misinformed about that.. either way it makes for a powerful idea.

The effect then offered by this is that those faithful to this new Eilistraee/Daydrow godess is to actually change form.

Which in extension works out well since she already had shapechangers (I think) in her portfolio, perhaps she extends her wing a bit further for the shapeshifiting community.

Although this is just one of many ideas...

I'm starting my own campaign next week, and have chosen the AD&D 2 edition... with some added house rules. The game is what we make of it after all.

I'd like to see more of what storyline you finally choose in the end, since an unofficial "the real ending of Eilistraee" might as well begin here.... what better place than her trusty followers? :)
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

"Of course that might be too easy..

But playing along with the idea that this mortalized Eilistraee and she fell victim, then there remains the problem that Mystra would see qilue fall dead. she was a chosen of both deities, and last I heard deities can raise anyone quite easily."

From what I've heard her soul was destroyed also. Makes "coming back" a little tricky.

But anyway, there's news. I've finally started writing the story for a campaign. It'll be posted any day (hopefully). So brace yourselves!

O and sorry for not posting too much lately, I've started a new "office" job, and I can use a comp. for my own purposses only once in a while.