My reasons of absense

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

My reasons of absense

Post by Zekafae »

Well I've been gone and my "pretty" face hasn't been seen on here for sometime. People must think i died or just forgotten/forsaken the site. Truth is I've just been busy trying to get a job taking care of things in a game, dealing with family and yesterday i couldn't do squat as we had a major storm warning. Anyone who's familiar with the news surely heard new england's storm forecast yesterday and tornado warnings. great day for us... I apologise for not being here but again its understandable when real life rudely interrupts the joys of the rp and gaming life.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

I completely understand where you're coming from.

As John Lennon once said, "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans".

Hope you manage to sort everything out.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

Tornado warnings in new england... the panic I bet that caused is something I would pay to see. Last time we had a tornado warning here I stood out on the porch and watched for the damn thing... then again I DO live in Nebraska and tornadoes aren't exactly rare here.

Hope things level off soon for you!
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

Hope things get better for you. Life can be harsh at times, but it looks like things are only going to get more harder as the global economy shudders in the energy crisis, and we head further into global warming.

As for tornados, several years ago, in my city in the Aloha State, we had a waterspout that came ashore and took one guy's roof off before it dissipated.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Thanks. The biggest thing I've been dealing with is the job issue to anyone who's been unemployed before it is a hard time to deal with. This wednsday i'm going to see a councelor about training to see if i can get trained into something and take it as a career.

Tornadoes aren't too common in new england we get a few a year usually small whirlwinds and thats the height of it. Worcestor mass about 50 something years ago got a massive one that hit. So we CAN get the big ones. I think the one that was here then was like an f4-f5. we had a couple this time mostly whirlwinds and maybe an f1 at the very most and that was a waterspout
Site, story being redone

ashuraa
Maid
Maid

Post by ashuraa »

Real life interupting things is very understandable.

As for the job issue, I wish you the best. My husband and I went through much the same thing 3 and half years ago. We went from living in Columbus, OH, to living in middle of nowhere PA. HE had gotten his layoff from his job of 14 years the week before thanksgiving that year, and we got the forclosure notice on our house the week after thanksgiving. I ended up loosing my job when we moved. Took both of us almost 3 months to get new jobs out here. Both of us ended up ettign jobs,a dn ahve stayed put now for over 3 years.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

its not fun to go through a very shitty ordeal and one of which I think is hell on the mind overtime. i wish something comes through from this.
Site, story being redone

Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

[quote="Zekafae":1vgvv6mt] Tornadoes aren't too common in new england we get a few a year usually small whirlwinds and thats the height of it. Worcestor mass about 50 something years ago got a massive one that hit. So we CAN get the big ones. I think the one that was here then was like an f4-f5. we had a couple this time mostly whirlwinds and maybe an f1 at the very most and that was a waterspout[/quote:1vgvv6mt]

The Fujita scale measures the amount of damage done, you can have a Tornado 2 miles wide but if it just hits some trees and maybe a field it won't be any more than an F1. In fact most tornadoes don't even show up on the scale because the damage they cause could have been done by the hail and high winds just as easily.

I've noticed that towns and cities built around river valleys VERY rarely get hit, however when they do it's BAD. My home town was founded as a steamboat port before turning into a railroad town and the one time in my life we've gotten hit it was an F3, which is nasty for a town of 13,000 people.

[quote="Zekafae":1vgvv6mt] its not fun to go through a very shitty ordeal and one of which I think is hell on the mind overtime. i wish something comes through from this. [/quote:1vgvv6mt]

Meh, I work overtime fairly often, go to school full time and still have a fairly active social life. Class 9-noonish, homework from noon-1 or 2, work from 1 or 2 to 10 PM, hang out with friends 'til about midnight, study a bit, sleep and get up to do it all again the next day, it's all a matter of pacing yourself for me atleast.
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

i can pace myself perfectly fine problem is deciding what trade to go into from here on and pray it doesn't go down the crapper.
Site, story being redone

Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

[quote="Zekafae":2dotwyzo] problem is deciding what trade to go into from here on and pray it doesn't go down the crapper.[/quote:2dotwyzo]

and thats why I'm back in school
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Wow. Sometimes I'm quite happy living in this crappy old country where we pay aproximatelly 1.5$ more for gas on a litre because that's how taxes look like out here, and still we 20km of highways max. Fuck where am I living...

O that's right. 123 years of being erased from the map of Europe, divided between three other countries, getting a little bit of independance from Napoleon I, gaining full freedom after WW I, 20 years of peace, 10 years good, the other bad, WW II, then liberation (yeah right) by the Soviet Union, 44 years of communism, then the post communistic parties turned to democratic ones, and still the cash goes to someone's pocket. Fuck. Middle Europe.