Class Help

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Good point...

I was hopping to try and max out Int, skill-wise. For the rest, as usual you have a good point.
But I still plan on dropping armor and using clothes, with enchantments much later on. I don't see myself taking up the Sword Dancer just yet. I'll think about it...

Str 8
Dex 14
Con 10
Int 16
Wis 14
Cha 16

Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Hide, Knowledge (Local), Knowledge (History), Knowledge (Nobility), Knowledge (Local), Perform (Wind - Flute), Perform (Dance), Spellcraft, Appraise, Listen.

Feat: Deceitful.

Weapons: Dagger, 10 darts.
Armor: None.

Insturment: Flute

Song: Countersong.

Get's on first level: Bardic music, bardic knowladge, countersong, fascinate, inspire courage +1.

I'm probably going to die at some point...A larva might kill me... oh well.
:3
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:1oqck0vw]Say What, Bhaern? Bardic Knowledge= Bards level+INT Modifier+d20 (+2 if the bard has at least 5 ranks in Knowledge(history))

Whats this about wisdom?

Also, if your looking to act as the parties wizard, look no farther than the Sublime Chord prestige class in Complete Arcane. It gives you lots of spells from both the bard [i:1oqck0vw]and[/i:1oqck0vw] wiz/sorcerer list, gives you a few new, cool bard songs, allows you to continue your bardic knowledge ability, and doesn't give you an XP penalty (because its a prestige class) of course, you have to be a lvl 10 bard to take it.

Spells you should include (bard) in your spell list are (and these are just suggestions) Ventriliquism, Darkness (if your not a drow). these two go great together in combat if you want to avoid getting hit. Glibness is an obvious must if your going for the Diplomatic bard, as it gives you a mind-boggling +30 bonus to bluff, lasts 10 min/lvl (imagine if you extend spell that) [i:1oqck0vw]and[/i:1oqck0vw] it makes you completly immune to spells such as zone of truth, detect lies, etc. Prestidigitation is also a nice spell to have. Sculpt sound is nice, once you get to the higher levels, as you can use it to project your voice. Sculpt Sound+high diplomacy=instant politician.

I have a char who goes around with a constant Glibness effect on him+ the Leadership feat for +56 on bluff. his followers (from Leadership) think he's the drow god of bards. :devil: Made properly, bards can be devastatingly powerful in the game. Just try to stay out of the melee.

PS: Scry is a must have spell as well, and cure spells are always nice, as parties can always use an extra healer.[/color:1oqck0vw]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Unen, this is possibly the most useful thing you have EVER said.
:3
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":1tu4k0rj]Say What, Bhaern? Bardic Knowledge= Bards level+INT Modifier+d20 (+2 if the bard has at least 5 ranks in Knowledge(history))

Whats this about wisdom?

[/quote:1tu4k0rj]

I did say IIRC, however Wis should not be discarded that much as it is useful for Listen, Sense Motive and a saving throw (With a few other uses as well).