Holy f*cking Nostalgia

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kaote Bruchedaine
Maid
Maid

Holy f*cking Nostalgia

Post by Kaote Bruchedaine »

I was looking through the old members that have posted. I figured I would see if any of them left contact info so they could be kindly reinvited to join us again and become active again. During which time I ended up finding my old name on here...

[url:27czd8ly]memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=438[/url:27czd8ly]
Irennan
Champion

Re: Holy f*cking Nostalgia

Post by Irennan »

I guess that this place was much more trafficked back in 2007, before WotC went ahead with their destruction of the FR...
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Kaote Bruchedaine
Maid
Maid

I am a stubborn, stubborn man.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

The site has gone through a few changes since then. For one, back then the forums actually looked nicer. :P

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

[quote="Kaote Bruchedaine":21bz9mqh]I am a stubborn, stubborn man.[/quote:21bz9mqh]

Well, I appreciate your stubborness in trying to get more people -new and old- in this place. I would get a couple of my RL friends -who also happen to like Eilistraee- to join, but it would be pointless, as they can't speak english...

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":21bz9mqh]The site has gone through a few changes since then. For one, back then the forums actually looked nicer. :P

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:21bz9mqh]

How so?
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

[quote="Irennan":1mxm6pqo]How so?[/quote:1mxm6pqo]
It wasn't the standard phpbb look (that we have now), but had it looking like each post was on its own piece of parchment (much like [url=http://eilistraee.com/chosen/dogma.php:1mxm6pqo]the dogma[/url:1mxm6pqo] page for example).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Kaote Bruchedaine
Maid
Maid

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":1hgw44rt]
It wasn't the standard phpbb look (that we have now), but had it looking like each post was on its own piece of parchment (much like [url=http://eilistraee.com/chosen/dogma.php:1hgw44rt]the dogma[/url:1hgw44rt] page for example).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:1hgw44rt]

Do you still have the layout from then? I am an unhappily unemployed man with plenty of free time. I may be able to adapt it to the new phpbb version. And if not it will keep me entertained (angry) forr a couple days while I try.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

[quote="Kaote Bruchedaine":1608z8tc]Do you still have the layout from then? I am an unhappily unemployed man with plenty of free time. I may be able to adapt it to the new phpbb version. And if not it will keep me entertained (angry) forr a couple days while I try.[/quote:1608z8tc]
I might still have it around somewhere. Basically the forum was built to look like it was part of the rest of the site, with the same header and footer, same background, etc. Each post looked like a piece of parchment and other phpBB bars looked like black marble.

That said I've been planning to re-style the entire site to begin with. When I first made the site I barely knew any html/css and now I'm much, much better (as in I also use it professionally). But since I'm gainfully employed (and too lazy to do much work during the weekends :P ) I tend to not really have much time for it.

Of course with phpBB you can have multiple themes and switch between them so it can't hurt to look at that. Won't go to waste. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee