How to handle the end of Lady Penitant

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

silke_rahn
Regular

How to handle the end of Lady Penitant

Post by silke_rahn »

Have not read the Lady Penatent book series yet, but I have read on the Forgotten Realms Wiki that Eilistraee is killed in the last book by the very Drow Jalil she is trying to save. This looks to leave Lolth as the only Drow higher power. What are that play good Drow to do? In Neverwinter Night -2 / MotB/ SoZ I play Nedylene Rahn a priestess of Eilistraee and a Divine Champion of Eilistraee. In my RP with her there I have let it slip that Corellon wed and bed her mother also called Nedylene.

I doubt that the developers of the Forgotten Realms would allow me to write a story that has Corellon elevating Nedylene to be the new beacon of hope for all Ilythiiri that follow the path of Light and Goodness. Do we do what we must to continue our stories here and ignore the incident of 1379 DR spelled out in the last book of Lady Penatent. I am just wondering is all.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I think we've already agreed to ignore everything that happens after the War of the Spider Queen (I think that's how the series was called). Lady Penitent series does not apply to us.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

good
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
zullychan
Maid
Maid

Post by zullychan »

I read the 3 books, it made me angry when i read that Eilistraee got killed =( So now my friends bug me when I want to play a cleric to worship her...

So all I have to do is to choose Corellon, since it made me understand that he kinda "abosrbed" Eilistraee's role.

But yeah, that didnt stop me to create Eilistraee for the 4th edition...

PS: I really like Cavatina :angel:
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

The short fiction story I wrote titled 1379 in the Stories part of Roleplay is the beginning of my take on the news. In the RP I have taken up on The Forgotten Realm NWN-2/ MotB/ SoZ server Nedylene Rahn formerly Nedylene Vrinn the Matron of the rarest of things a noble housed dedicated to the Lady of the Dance is also a daughter of Corellon. She doesn't talk about it much though. This scene I wrote in 1379 depicts Corellon's acknowledgement of her as his mortal daughter and offering her Eilistraee's portfolio and domains with the addition of healing. (Nedylene is a Fighter-8/ Cleric-10/ Divine Champion-3 with the cleric domains of good and healing.) [I would like to write this story as an answer to the death of Eilistraee in Lady Penitent.] Nedylene is given the offer to take over Eilistraee's role, but given the option to remain a mortal as well. I have not figured out what her choice will be. She is restored to the original form of the Dark Elves too. Corellon's forgiveness of the ones that did not bind with the demons begins with her and spreads to the others from where she is. That much I will think through.
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Post by Alaric Darkrose »

[quote="zullychan":84gr9l13]I read the 3 books, it made me angry when i read that Eilistraee got killed =( So now my friends bug me when I want to play a cleric to worship her...

So all I have to do is to choose Corellon, since it made me understand that he kinda "abosrbed" Eilistraee's role.

But yeah, that didnt stop me to create Eilistraee for the 4th edition...

PS: I really like Cavatina :angel:[/quote:84gr9l13]Yeah. They also made some of the priestesses seem drunk with power, and to be blunt, a little slutty.

Edit: And Cavatina is my favorite priestess, too.
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Argoth":2o806nl5]Lady Penitent series does not apply to us.[/quote:2o806nl5]
Exactly. Never happened.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Good it and other changes to the FR chronology and storyline just seem to make the story strange to me anymore. Look at the DnD 4 books on the Forgotten Realms and you will see what I mean.
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

No kidding. It's no longer the FR that I know and love. It's...corrupted.
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.

Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Corrupted is hardly the word I would use.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

One thing I am looking into is converting my Forgotten Realms campaign frome DnD to GURPS by Steve Jackson Games. I have most of the books needed to run a GURPS Fourth Edition campaign revolving around the history and cultures of the Forgotten Realms for my PnP roleplay, but unless I stick with NWN-2/ MotB/ SoZ on the Forgotten Realm server I may have to adjust my RP to reflect the changes if the other servers I run on like Sundren and Moonlight and Shadows go with the current history/ timeline of the books and the PnP DnD game products.

I may even look into beginning my own server someday once I have the funds or funding to get the server and connection to run a Persistant World on Obsidian and GameSpy.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:34blruej]I still say we should just kidnap Ms Smedman and force her to change the ending.......It [i:34blruej]could[/i:34blruej] be construed as a CG act. :angel: [/color:34blruej]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Well, to be fair,. the feeling I got from her work is that she didn't want to end it like she did.

silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Well I am a member of the Kansas Authors' Club. I am beginning to wonder if the Lady Penitant triology was a colaboration. Maybe her colaborator ended the last book and the triology that way thinking it was more dramatic. All I know is that it ruined my story I was writing and hoping to submit when they would resume accepting submissions for the Forgotten Realms books.
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Well, if you want to submit something for FR, you always could have a story where Eilistraee gets resurrected. It's happened before. Just ask the followers of Bane.