well met!

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

seibermaki
Maid
Maid

well met!

Post by seibermaki »

Hello. I've been a long time viewer of this website, though never really got into the forums until now.

I do like Eilistraee and the idea of her. I am even writing a bit of short-story regarding a Drow who becomes a priestess of Eilistraee(sound a bit cliche?).

Anyhoo, aside from that, I play Neverwinter Nights 2, pen-n-paper Dungeons & Dragons 3.5edition. I won't touch 4e after looking over the Realms books for it. Really feels like WoW(nothing against it) in pen-n-paper form.

I also love Everquest 2, though don't play it as I can't afford the monthly fee these days.

I am of course interested in forum related roleplay. I would likely be neither a Drow nor a priestess. Though Eilistraee is open to any who will follow her.

My other interests: Star Wars, Star Trek, Left 4 Dead(on PC), Spore, collecting action figures, miniatures, music, dice, books, comics, and posters.

I am a computer graphic artist(2D and 3D art, drawing), who has also done some programming(Visual Basic, Actionscript 2.0 / 3.0, MaxScript)

However, I was laid off from my job December 3rd after NINE years in the career doing art and technical direction on video games and other assorted media(DVD authoring). Lots of time on my hands.

I'm interested in this being a starting point for something I do enjoy, which is role-playing, particularly in my favorite fantasy world, the Forgotten Realms.

The first fantasy novels I read were the Dragonlance Chronicles, and I have a spot in my heart for those three books. Didn't read much after that, except a Legends and Tales book. Krynn is not my home though. After getting into the Baldur's Gate series of games on PC, I got hooked on the Realms. Drizzt Do'Urden is my new hero, although I do like Liriel Baenre a bit now too, even though she's a bit of a brat. I've also played Icewind Dale 2, and the first Neverwinter Nights.

I have a mini timeline of Faerun that I use for my own story and pen-n-paper purposes. It includes the characters I've played in the PC games, so the canon of my timeline is of course different than the official FR timeline. My Bhaalspawn from the Baldur's Gate games was a female moon elf ranger who gave up the Throne of Bhaal and is now just a regular adventuring elf. I also have a minor noble house of Menzoberranzan that I've included in there too. The faith of Eilistraee figures into why their house was destroyed during Lolth's silence. I have at least one character from my party in Icewind Dale 2 who is still alive circa 1372 DR, though she keeps her nose to the books in Candlekeep these days. Events from NWN and it's expansions are a bit more loosely included, though protagonists from those may make appearances in my stories if I find the right fit for them.

I honestly haven't seriously played through NWN2 or it's 1st expansion with characters in a way that I feel adding anything to my timeline. At some point, there's only so many times an orphan-type character works for me. So the characters I do have in NWN2 and MOTB are mainly for fun and to test out character builds.

I've rambled a bit, but anyhoo, good to be here and become part of the community. :)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Welcome to this small enclave of the Dark Maiden *S*
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

This character sounds tolerable for a change.
Welcome to the forums.
:3
Priestess Iymlin
Maid
Maid

Post by Priestess Iymlin »

[color=blue:2813lt4o][font=arial narrow:2813lt4o]Welcome, newcomer! I hope you enjoy it here. Its really good to know that this website is always thriving, and has new members almost everyday. Unlike most forum websites they usually head to the cemetery. Long live Eilistraee.com! Tee-hee.

Rooky is so aggressive. That is sooo HOT! :p[/font:2813lt4o][/color:2813lt4o][/size:2813lt4o]
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Re: well met!

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="seibermaki":3cjr0pop]I do like Liriel Baenre a bit now too, even though she's a bit of a brat.[/quote:3cjr0pop]
Heheh, that's [i:3cjr0pop]why[/i:3cjr0pop] I like her. ;)

Welcome to our little corner of the web.

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your job; I know how that feels though at the moment it seems mine is safe. There are hard economic times and I'm certain you're not alone in that.

I hope you'll enjoy your time here as well and may you find a home of sorts here. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

[quote="Priestess Iymlin":2gfsudah][color=blue:2gfsudah][font=arial narrow:2gfsudah]Welcome, newcomer! I hope you enjoy it here. Its really good to know that this website is always thriving, and has new members almost everyday. Unlike most forum websites they usually head to the cemetery. Long live Eilistraee.com! Tee-hee.

Rooky is so aggressive. That is sooo HOT! :p[/font:2gfsudah][/color:2gfsudah][/size:2gfsudah][/quote:2gfsudah]

Great another overly horny character after my hairy ass. It's a conspiracy set by Argoth I know it.

Anywho, 3D design? Nice. Been working for anyone worth mentioning?
:3
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:324khmvc]Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy being part of our little disfunctional family here. ;)

Nice avatar, Rooky.[/color:324khmvc]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

Yo. :)

Sorry that you lost your job. Hope you can find another. :(
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Welcome indeed seibermaki

Don't let Rooky's gruffness disuade you, she's a softy really. Just roll her over and tickle her belly and watch her hind legs kicking, it's never gets tired ;)
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Post by Alaric Darkrose »

You like Liriel? *hugs* We're going to get along, lol. Glad I'm not the only one that plays Icewind Dale II.

Welcome to the forums.
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.

Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Welcome!

Personally, I liked Drizzt only through the trilogy. Later he was just a terminator in drow skin, nothing else. Liriel on the other hand is my favorite FR character ever (at least so far, apart from Argoth himself that is).

Sorry about your job. Just don't grow tired of hearing that over and over again. It's just we're very compassionate, as a community that is.

Rooky, well I'd never!

May you find home here.