nwn2

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CrankyOzzie
Regular

nwn2

Post by CrankyOzzie »

I downloaded and watched some short videos showing what you can do with the toolset... yowsers! I'm drooling already! :D
I also watched a couple of videos of actual in game footage. Very nice! One of the clips also showed Feargus fiddling with the lighting in game, using some controls that WON'T be in the actual game itself, but WILL be in the toolset. Again, very nice. They allow you to control the sun (whish actually appears in the sky), clouds, individual colour lighting, light direction, etc.

Also, from NWVault, some more conrete system specs.

[quote:3frde8yd]Moving on to the official system specs - Yes, some comments were made at E3 regarding the system specs for the game. The previous comments were not necessarily incorrect as much as they were incomplete. Now, before we give you the current set of specs and supported cards, please bear in mind this may change somewhat prior to launch. But as of today here are the current system specs and supported video cards:

Recommended:
- 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- 1GB System Ram
- ATI Radeon X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP
- 512MB System RAM
- 2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- 128MB Direct3D compatible video card with DirectX 9.0c compatible driver
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- 4.6GB free hard disk space
- DirectX 9.0c (included)
- DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
- Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework for toolset (included)
- Broadband connection for multiplayer online play
- Keyboard, Mouse

Supported Video Cards:
- ATI Radeon X1900 series
- ATI Radeon X1800 series
- ATI Radeon X1600 series
- ATI Radeon X1300 series
- ATI Radeon X850 series
- ATI Radeon X800 series
- ATI Radeon X700 series
- ATI Radeon X600 series
- ATI Radeon X300 series
- ATI Radeon 9800 series
- ATI Radeon 9600 series
- ATI Radeon 9500 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 7900 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 7600 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 7300 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 6500 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 6100 series
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 series
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 series
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 series
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 series [/quote:3frde8yd]

Looks like I'll be saving (hah!) for a new PC. :uh-huh:

To see the toolset videos, just visit [url=http://nwvault.ign.com:3frde8yd]nwvault[/url:3frde8yd], they should be on the front page, or second page. The in game footage can be found [url=http://media.pc.ign.com/media/674/67438 ... l:3frde8yd]here[/url:3frde8yd]. Some of you may have already seen them, as they were released earlier this month.

P.S. I tried posting this in the news forum, but I need special access.
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

[color=darkslateblue:vhxn8xfm]Yep, I've recently seen the specs. My PC almost meets the minimum, except for my vid card (FX 5200).

The graphics are really nice, and the toolset functionality from what I saw has my mouth watering as well![/color:vhxn8xfm] :)
Elspath
Maid
Maid

Post by Elspath »

Double those requirments if you expect to run nwn2 with any nice options on. in my experince what ever the box says for basic or even recommanded requirments use means you have to turn all the good optionsoff.
vin''ult sea''anen d''Myth Drannor Y''teni dosst killian lanke zhah elghinyrr
-=Shadows of the Moon Series=-
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Ack, completely forgot to report these things. Alright, made a few news posts with this information. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Damn. It'll never work on my PC, well with the full options it won't. It's a little not fair... O well, seams like I'm saving money from now on, or find another job...
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:2o7hikrl]Aww, crap. my 3-year old IBM has barely the minimum specs. :( Good news is, I'm getting a job, maybe I'll buy a Dell next year. Or the year after that. Or after that...[/color:2o7hikrl]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Damn. At this rate I'll never get the full options running on my PC. I have the minimum, but it's till the lowest workable so bye bye all the fun graphics...
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

What the hells are you complaining about?

I got arely squeeze 700 MHz on this bucket. But it still serves well. It can run games nicely.

It still beats the hells out of the last one. In all of it's glory it could run a good 246 MHz :D

I'll need to get a much faster machine when the time comes. 3D animations are getting better as the days pass, and I higly doubt that this will be able to hold on.

BTW, does anyone know a good 3D design program? You know, like easy to operate?
:3
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

Poser is one of the easier ones to use, and 3D Studio Lite isn't too bad either, from what I know. Of course, you'll have to keep in mind it all is relative to how complex you want your girl to look.

I know Shir'le's had a helluva time just getting her few models to look that good.
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

It's a good thing I was already planning on replacing my sad little FX 5200, 8 months ago it could run anything on the market with reasonibly high settings but now, wow it just can't keep up.

3D studio lite isn't bad, I used it when I was modding Rome Total War but it can be tempermental and won't always do what you think it should.
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire