Feedback for a project

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Leema Har'gachi
Regular

Re: Feedback for a project

Post by Leema Har'gachi »

Ok, I'm back from the break and I spent the week looking over the lore in the PDF in detail. On page 7, during the third paragraph under Organizations I found a error on the fourth sentence. It says "He earned the position of leader of the Protectors of the Song in the Promenade, because of his of his wisdom and abilities." It has a repeat of "of his" at the end there when there should be only one looking more like this "because of his wisdom and abilities." Other than that, that is the only problem I found in the document.

Speaking on the lore itself though, I really enjoyed reading it and I can actually see the official realms Eilistraeen going this way.
CODENAME:Leema
Class:Variant Illusionist Favored Soul {gestalt}
Race:Shadow Drow
Height:5'8"
Weight:158 Ib.
Hair:Yellowish
Eyes:Purple(pinwheel)
Skin:Pitch-black(surrounded by Shadowy Purple Aura)
Deity:Eilistraee
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

[quote="Leema Har'gachi":ohfe728n]Ok, I'm back from the break and I spent the week looking over the lore in the PDF in detail. On page 7, during the third paragraph under Organizations I found a error on the fourth sentence. It says "He earned the position of leader of the Protectors of the Song in the Promenade, because of his of his wisdom and abilities." It has a repeat of "of his" at the end there when there should be only one looking more like this "because of his wisdom and abilities." Other than that, that is the only problem I found in the document.[/quote:ohfe728n]

Thanks, I'll correct it ASAP.

[quote:ohfe728n]Speaking on the lore itself though, I really enjoyed reading it and I can actually see the official realms Eilistraeen going this way.[/quote:ohfe728n]

I truly hope that the Eilistraeeans are headed in a similar direction. And not because I wrote the stuff (heck, it wans't even only me, I just built on Ed's lore), but because it's hopeful and feels like a new beginning, and it's something that Eilistraee needs after being trashed like that. But, despite all the hope, I truly don't think that it will happen: WotC has basically retconned the transformed drow (and I can think a lot of reasons why they did that, as such a thing *never* had anything to do with Eilistraee, but it's not right to just leave them there without caring), and will likely never touch or mention them in the future, like they have done up to now.
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

[quote="Irennan":1q21vzdv]
I truly hope that the Eilistraeeans are headed in a similar direction. And not because I wrote the stuff (heck, it wans't even only me, I just built on Ed's lore), but because it's hopeful and feels like a new beginning, and it's something that Eilistraee needs after being trashed like that. But, despite all the hope, I truly don't think that it will happen: WotC has basically retconned the transformed drow (and I can think a lot of reasons why they did that, as such a thing *never* had anything to do with Eilistraee, but it's not right to just leave them there without caring), and will likely never touch or mention them in the future, like they have done up to now.[/quote:1q21vzdv]

Well, with at least some hope they will at least do something with them... even if its something small. Not like they would so anything with them like what I tried to do, but it seems like a waste if they don't at least do something with the post-transformation dark elves. But if they don't then I guess its just an "Oh well" moment.
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

[quote="Leema Har'gachi":3105i3a1][quote="Irennan":3105i3a1]
I truly hope that the Eilistraeeans are headed in a similar direction. And not because I wrote the stuff (heck, it wans't even only me, I just built on Ed's lore), but because it's hopeful and feels like a new beginning, and it's something that Eilistraee needs after being trashed like that. But, despite all the hope, I truly don't think that it will happen: WotC has basically retconned the transformed drow (and I can think a lot of reasons why they did that, as such a thing *never* had anything to do with Eilistraee, but it's not right to just leave them there without caring), and will likely never touch or mention them in the future, like they have done up to now.[/quote:3105i3a1]

Well, with at least some hope they will at least do something with them... even if its something small. Not like they would so anything with them like what I tried to do, but it seems like a waste if they don't at least do something with the post-transformation dark elves. But if they don't then I guess its just an "Oh well" moment.[/quote:3105i3a1]

If the previous 8 years are of any indication, the transformed drow don't exist to WotC. It's a shame, because they caused damage with this transformation (at least, because of *how* they did it), and then any benefit that it could bring to Eilistraee and her faith are ignored. What's more irritating is that they don't have the balls to actually retcon it, so they just sweep it under the rug hoping the people aren't paying attention.
Kaote Bruchedaine
Maid
Maid

Post by Kaote Bruchedaine »

So how did this project turn out overall?
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

I've checked it about half a month ago, since I updated the section about the cooperation between the followers of Eilistraee and the elven refugees of Myth Drannor, but as far as I can see, those who have left a rating--who are not many, only 7, but on the DMG few people appear to bother with leaving a rating, especially for free stuff--have quite appreciated it (they gave it 4 stars out of 5 minimum). It also got around 700 DLs since March, but Idk if that's good or bad.
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

[quote="Irennan":p2flm9e6]I've checked it about half a month ago, since I updated the section about the cooperation between the followers of Eilistraee and the elven refugees of Myth Drannor, but as far as I can see, those who have left a rating--who are not many, only 7, but on the DMG few people appear to bother with leaving a rating, especially for free stuff--have quite appreciated it (they gave it 4 stars out of 5 minimum). It also got around 700 DLs since March, but Idk if that's good or bad.[/quote:p2flm9e6]

Speaking of your baby, I need to get off my ass and download the newest version of it. :)
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

[quote="Leema Har'gachi":20hsa7d8]

Speaking of your baby, I need to get off my ass and download the newest version of it. :)[/quote:20hsa7d8]

Hope you'll like what I've added.