Just why DO the drow tend to have big boobs? [NSFW]

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

[quote="Narsia Ny'Dhun":7o6jrldv]

All too true. Though it's not all grim and dark. I can't say this for myself, but an old girlfriend of my sister's used to say how much she loved having a big rack because she could use them for a table or platter support in bed when nothing more convenient was available. That and my pregnant friend who is a natural B is simply ecstatic that her breasts have gone up a few sizes. Won't stop telling me about it some days. :p[/quote:7o6jrldv]

:lol:

I've never used my rack as a little table :lol:

talk about innovation :p :)

that reminds me something a friend sent to me a few months ago

[youtube:7o6jrldv]jsqosiEyGLs[/youtube:7o6jrldv]
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
PhaeShalee
Maid
Maid

Post by PhaeShalee »

Well, it obviously was originally done because, well, old D&D had a lot of babes in chainmail bikinis, and it was just another way to draw them. (Not against the style at all, I play a lot of skimpily dressed female characters.)

BUT, for a more realism behind it for rp purposes, I agree 100% that it has to do with drow being obsessed with breeding, it probably was a development over the years through genetic selection. Heck, drow were often drawn a bit more buxom in all areas compared to surface elves, chest, hips, etc... a strong sign of good child-bearing women.
It's something that we've used in our home campain, for, well, as long as I've played D&D. ^^; (I use a lot of 'we' and 'us' terms, I don't have multiple personalities, or talk like the Queen... but I do nearly all of my offline rps with my husband, and it's become more of an 'us' then 'me' when I refer to our games. ^_^ )

That also goes into another topic, of why drow women dress so skimpily. There was something about it in the Underdark book, and I just always chalked it up to drow fashion/style, and showing off how tough you are. I mean, if you have nothing to hide and you're walking around a DROW city so brazenly, you must have the power to protect yourself... right?
(Holy Liberator as optional core class, basically CG paladin)
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

[quote="PhaeShalee":ali570wm]BUT, for a more realism behind it for rp purposes, I agree 100% that it has to do with drow being obsessed with breeding, it probably was a development over the years through genetic selection. Heck, drow were often drawn a bit more buxom in all areas compared to surface elves, chest, hips, etc... a strong sign of good child-bearing women. [/quote:ali570wm]

Aren't wide hips more a sign of a good child bearer than big titties?

[quote:ali570wm]I don't have multiple personalities[/quote:ali570wm]

None that you're aware of, anyway...

[quote:ali570wm]That also goes into another topic, of why drow women dress so skimpily. There was something about it in the Underdark book, and I just always chalked it up to drow fashion/style, and showing off how tough you are. I mean, if you have nothing to hide and you're walking around a DROW city so brazenly, you must have the power to protect yourself... right?[/quote:ali570wm]

Let's not forget that there are no seasons down there, it's constantly warm, if not hot. There's not much need for layers of clothing beyond protection.

Also my original point, which I'm sticking to no matter what any of you say. Marketing tactic! :p
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
PhaeShalee
Maid
Maid

Post by PhaeShalee »

Weren't they usually shown a bit more buxum then the typical elf, they usually had wider hips as well as larger breasts. Both show signs of good child bearing, hips for giving birth, breasts for milk.
It is true that women with smaller breasts can provide enough milk for a child, but women with larger breasts (me being one of them) really do produce a lot of milk when nursing. O.o

[quote:3nb2ysx7][quote:3nb2ysx7]I don't have multiple personalities [/quote:3nb2ysx7]

None that you're aware of, anyway... [/quote:3nb2ysx7]

XD You've got me there. Now that I think of it many of my characters would be extra personalies. lol

And definately marketing... but we need some rp reasons for it being there. lol (Well, at least I do with my home rps. ;) )
(Holy Liberator as optional core class, basically CG paladin)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Hmm, what about the flip side of this subject? You know what they say about guys- Dark meat = REALLY big "tube-steak".... I'd imagine that if anything, the drow have bred for THIS trait... :p

Though I have one interesting question to add about the big boobs debate. We are talking here about a racethat lives underground. Now, despite what some people seem to portray in art, the reality is that most caverns are really very narrow, low, or both. There are many places where it would be a very tight squeeze just to go further in. (Go ahead, make all the bad innuendos you want guys- I'll wait.... You done yet? Okay, moving on.) So large mammaries would actually be a hinderance in such an environment, making it more difficult to get through some passages where they might *ahem* get stuck. Same goes with larger hips. That could be problematic, to say the least....

Of course, with most Matrons being able to lounge in the cities, it might not be such a problem, but as some have noted, even dancing or running becomes a chore with them. You'd think they would breed for a more svelt look. And I can atest, however, that even AFTER all the enlargement from pregnancy (and even without breast-feeding) a woman's jugs DO grow and yes, STAY bigger. So after having gobs of kids, a drow woman's gazongas might still be bigger than a surface elf's.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

I love this, I leave and we start having interesting and intellectual conversations!

And also may I point out that while the more attractive and sexy drow females tend to be in charge, this correlation should be seen in [i:5xlpksn3]reverse[/i:5xlpksn3] as the most powerful matrons have the magic and resources at their disposal to make [i:5xlpksn3]sure[/i:5xlpksn3] they are the most attractive.

i.e, boob job in a potion bottle
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

[quote="Narsia Ny'Dhun":1sc1xxdr]Ugh. Men.[/quote:1sc1xxdr]

I agree.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[quote="Zanathie Avuna":2ts3z72i][quote="Narsia Ny'Dhun":2ts3z72i]Ugh. Men.[/quote:2ts3z72i]

I agree.[/quote:2ts3z72i]

Quoted for truth *nodnod*
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

So do they have "male enhancement" in a bottle, too? It stands to reason that the women would like, um, bigger sausages.... :p :roll:

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Probably, although I always find it ironic that the sex addicted race has a penalty to constitution, aka stamina.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Actually, Lothir, you'd be surprised at what's really out there. I once saw an add on the back of a magazine claiming "Male enhancement." I don't know if I'd believe it. But it came in pill form, i think. After i read the whole add, I couldn't help but laugh at their claims. They claimed to add a couple of inches and thickness, apparently.
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

[quote="Tyrmer":240t77bw]PI always find it ironic that the sex addicted race has a penalty to constitution, aka stamina.[/quote:240t77bw]

Ba dum psh~
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Don't I know it, Zanathie! I've always sort of been skeptical of such claims, myself. I used to work in a convenience store, and some of the guy customers would come in to buy packets of "endurance" pills, and I always thought it was funny, especially after looking at some of the ingredients!! (And being a female, I always sort of wondered if they actually worked.... Men never seem to last as long as us ladies, LOL!!! :p ;) )

Tyrmer, there ARE ways to improve constitution, through feats and such. And there's a special feat JUST for "stamina" in the Nymphology source book!! Not to mention plenty of other naughty feats and spells, etc.... :devil:

Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

lol! makes me wonder what really is in those things. Maybe it just makes guys feel better about themselves, sort of like a placebo effect. Companies probably make lots of money putting random things together and selling for high prices, knowing that guys will try it.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":tv1nd1qu]Don't I know it, Zanathie! I've always sort of been skeptical of such claims, myself. I used to work in a convenience store, and some of the guy customers would come in to buy packets of "endurance" pills, and I always thought it was funny, especially after looking at some of the ingredients!! (And being a female, I always sort of wondered if they actually worked.... Men never seem to last as long as us ladies, LOL!!! :p ;) ) [/quote:tv1nd1qu]

Alright, for those guys who actually DON'T work out on a daily basis and have a decent BMI, then I could see your point, Aylstra, but the key here is the daily exercises, plus, and I'm gonna go on a tangent here, proven fact sex is the best way to work all of the bodies muscles at the same time, so suffice to say that it's the the best workout out there.
And secondly, endurance is endurance, ok, you're basically gonna have that no matter what. The more you use it, the longer you'll be able to use it.
Oh and on a side note, an odd golfer-turned-airborne ranger friend of mine told me once that for guys, for every 30 pounds ya are overweight, you lose an inch. Pretty simplistic at that; so for all the gents out there, do yourselves a favor and stay active, otherwise, you'll be in for disappointment. ((As I said, a random, and completely unexpected on that part, fact from a friend))

Oh and Alystra, it's not that men are lacking stamina, it's just that most don't have patience to make it last that long, that's all. :p

Back to drow and low stamina for a sex-obsessed race, Tyrmer, Aylstra's right, there's ways of improving stamina out there, ya just gotta look ;)

And Aylstra, why spend a good feat when one can just 'work' their way up to that lvl through hard work, and sheer determination :devil: :p
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix