See You Next Year

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

See You Next Year

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Tomorrow morning I'm off on my Christmas vacation (spending time in France with my family much like every year; should be quite relaxed again with lots of reading and watching movies, and little to no computer). So I wanted to wish you all an (early) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

[center:1455ys6d][url=http://azraelevangeline.deviantart.com/ ... 2:1455ys6d][img:1455ys6d]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs8/i/2005/3 ... geline.jpg[/img:1455ys6d][/url:1455ys6d][/center:1455ys6d]

(And some slightly more sexy images I came across; one [url=http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/ar ... 3:1455ys6d]for those interested in girls[/url:1455ys6d] and one [url=http://zardra.deviantart.com/art/S-X-ch ... 5:1455ys6d]for those interested in guys[/url:1455ys6d]).

I hope that you all have a wonderful end of the year and try not to tear the place down while I'm away. Don't do anything that I wouldn't do (not that there's much in that category). ;)

And see you all again in 2011 (I should be back half-way through the first week of January).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Awesome- that's the same pic I'm using for my desktop right now! So sweet and festive.... Mmmm, gonna go check out those other pics, now..... :devil:

Edit: I went, I saw... I'm in LOVE!!! :devil:
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

early and late...merry Christmas
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

Such a cozy picture, could give me sorta a warm fuzzy feeling inside...

Anyhew... Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas to all of you.

You have a great trip Shir'le. ;)
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

And I'm back. :)

Actually, I've been back for almost a week now, but been busy catching up on things and just enjoying my last days of vacation.

Had a wonderful time. Though also more adventurous than expected. Sudden heavy snowfall back in The Netherlands made travel by train quite... painful. My mom and I traveled to France (where my parents have a second home) in two stages; first to my brother's place and then the next day to Belgium (where dad picked us up with the car for the rest of the journey).

We went to my brother's on Friday, which was the first day of snow and we didn't quite realize the havoc it was wreaking on public transportation. We ended up waiting forever in a sort-of traffic jam of trains before Amsterdam and after that the trains were absolutely packed (as there were far fewer trains going). I felt for those in the train with us going on to the airport though as I heard that most flights were canceled that evening. The next day we decided to still go on despite the weather (as the following days the weather was predicted to only get worse) and luckily it went all right despite being a longer trip... except for the nearly three hours of waiting on a delayed train to Bruxelles on a very cold train station. We arrived safely and with fairly little trouble at our destination, ready for two weeks of vacation.

Though that wasn't all of it yet. Due to the snowfall we spent over two days without electricity. Which was quite... inconvenient. Without electricity we had no heating (except for a wood stove which thankfully kept the living room warm) and no running water (except for a hand-pump). We got food from neighbors that we could heat up on the stove and in the evening read books by candlelight. And we made a merry dance when finally the electricity came back.

The rest of the time there was thankfully uneventful. Read a number of books (Guild Wars: Ghosts of Ascalon, Star Wars The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance, Jacqueline Carey's Naamah's Curse and a number more). Though my favorite (next to Jacqueline Carey's) was definitely Sarah Waters' Tipping the Velvet. A departure from my usual fare (i.e. not fantasy or sci-fi), but definitely quite wonderful. Luckily I don't think my parents figured out what "tipping the velvet" meant (nor did I until it was explained near the end of the book). ;)

Also saw a lot of movies (Unthinkable, Clash of the Titans, Red, Robin Hood), but none that really stood out that much. They were nice enough, but none of them truly great imho.

After a week with my parents both my brothers and their families came over too. Luckily they had no trouble with the snow. But it truly was a white Christmas, to the point that I've had enough white Christmas to last me a decade. I still love the snow, love how it looks, but all that trouble it causes I can do without.

Got a number of gifts too, including book 13 in the Wheel of Time series (which I also read before my vacation was over; I have to say that I'm enjoying the writing of the new author a bit better than Robert Jordan's original writing), Guild Wars Factions and Guild Wars Nightfall (neither of which I've had much time to play yet) and a few movies on DVD including Avatar.

Oh, and I had to get not one but two cavities filled by the dentist (once I got back to The Netherlands). Not sure if that counts as a Christmas gift (probably not since I have to pay for it myself). :p

Then once I got back home had nearly a month of game news to catch up on, several television series to catch up on, play Lord of the Rings Online with friends (who had been holding back from leveling as much as possible while I was gone), etc. Also got invited into the Rift beta over the weekend which was pretty much as I expected it to be; solidly put together, but about as standard as MMOs come. The rift mechanics are fun at first but indeed quickly become boring and what's worse is that they interfere with the rest of the game (spawning on top of quest, quest npcs, outpost, etc disabling whatever's in the area as they do). If you like standard MMO design (WoW, LotRO, EQ2, etc) and want something new, and don't mind paying a monthly fee (where LotRO you can play for free), then it might be alright but otherwise I don't see what it has to offer.

Anyway, I'm back now; you probably weren't waiting to get a rundown of my holiday, but too late now. ;)

So Happy New Year to you all and I hope that you all had a wonderful time as well.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Happy New Year and welcome back.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

Welcome back! Adventures make for great stories and make life more colourful for us all. So did the East coast of the US and Western Europe hog the whole "White Christmas" thing for themselves before sharing half a month late? We go our first significant snow fall of the ear over the weekend and I got the joy of digging my car out of knee deep snow.
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire
leeyn
Maid
Maid

Post by leeyn »

I love the awesome picture... :angel: