Prestige Classes for follower of Eilistraee

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

pylepp01
Maid
Maid

Prestige Classes for follower of Eilistraee

Post by pylepp01 »

New member here (waves hello). So I have read about eilistraee for a long time knowing she is the goddess of good drow way back in 2nd edition ad&d, but more recently peaked a genuine interest while playing on the nwn2 dalelandbeyond server. There are a few people trying very hard to start a following even to the point of creating a sanctuary and it has caused a bit of backlash from UD players and surface players of other races alike. I love the idea of it from the moment I stumbled upon the few players and the more I read the more I like the concept. That being said, I am trying to find a niche to make a fun character to play along with them. I had originally wanted to play a good drow, but with all the drama from other surface elves and the like, I decided I wanted to play a sun elf who's family resisted the retreat to evermeet and decided to stay behind in order to not abandon their home as well as continue the existence of elves in or around cormanthor. Along the way they stumbled upon these eilistraeean's and although fearful and skeptical, over the course of a generation or two they became genuine friends and the grandson of said elven family actually became a follower of eilistraee. This works well because I could become an advocate among surface elves for their existence and also be a key player in helping them continue and deepen their communication with the surface elves on the server.

Now I’ve wanted to play a wizard for some time now and I was wondering if I could get some help with combining some prestige classes that would fit the lore of eilistraee. I had originally thought maybe child of night and shadwodancer, but when I applied on the server the dms didn’t think child of night fit the lore.

Now I was wondering if maybe daggerspell mage might work with the possibility of SD at much higher level. Do both of those fit the lore, any other suggestions?

I was hoping to keep him as much mage as possible, and although daggerspell does use daggers, I wasn’t planning to be much of a melee guy, was going to take it more for skills and the range touch abilities at the higher levels. It seems pure mages are somewhat obsolete in the new age of survivability in nwn2 at higher levels from what I’m told.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

vendui! welcome to CoE.

i can say hi, tho i will have to let someone else answer the questions as i dont know enough to attempt.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
pylepp01
Maid
Maid

Post by pylepp01 »

Vendui. Glad to be a part of this place. It looks like a lot of good work was put into this and it is greatly appreciated by an old gamer like me. I'm a HUGE fan of D&D in general and am an avid PNP player for at least 20 years. I actually still play once a week with some old buds ive been playing with for 10 years.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Hi! (be less eloquent...lol)
well, then come make a character and join in on the fun and craziness... :devil: i mean :D
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

To answer your question, I think shadowdancer might be a good class to take, though I'm not sure about the daggerspell. Her focus has never been much on magic, though I'm sure she has her share of wizardly followers. (Liriel and Q'uarlynd, anyone?) I don't know enough about the child of night to say on that score, but the other two seem good fits, I suppose- unfortunately, I never played NWN2, just the original NWN.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

shadowdancer is the bestest class ever....ok i might be slightly biased...but thats beside the point :D
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Assassin.

Assassins are AWESOME.

Also, if the NPC drow lady from HotU is anything to go on, wizard/assassins are kinda awesome.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Um, s/he's playing a Sun Elf. I don't think that would fit either the PC background OR Eilistraee's portfolio. Just sayin'.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188