Drow Dictionary to ePub!!

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Dragonessa
Maid
Maid

Drow Dictionary to ePub!!

Post by Dragonessa »

Hi all!

I went out and got myself an iPad awhile back and it has that nifty app iBooks for reading. So as I was having fun with it hit me that I could convert the Drow Dictionary into the epub format so I could view it in iBooks directly. I did this for myself mainly but THEN I thought I should share it here since well.. this IS where the dictionary lives. :angel:

[url=https://rapidshare.com/files/4179187391 ... b:16e3hlru]Clickme![/url:16e3hlru]

Sorry about the rapidshare link. Couldn't figure out how to attach files. :uh-huh:

My understanding is that Sony eReaders use this same format as well as Nook. (Only, I don't think I've ever seen a Sony eReader so I can't be certain!) :uh-huh:

The app I used to do this should also convert to other eReaders. Really I just threw this version together. If we really want to get fancy I think I can include links to here directly from the file. In theory that should launch the browser pointed here. (I think anyway!)

ANYWAY, just wanted to share this. It actually makes life easier. I can access the dictionary now without going to another window or if I'm writing on the ipad I don't have to have net access to check it out. :D

EDIT: Oh right! Forgot! For ipad/iphone/ipod users: drag this file to the book section in iTunes and it will pop up ready to use. ;)
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Re: Drow Dictionary to ePub!!

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Ooh, that's good. I'll check it out when I get home (and I'll see if I can get Calibre to spit out a Kindle version for me). Thanks. :)

[quote="Dragonessa":360xaadv]Sorry about the rapidshare link. Couldn't figure out how to attach files. :uh-huh:[/quote:360xaadv]
That's because I haven't enabled file sharing on the forums. :p

When I get home I'll upload it to the site though.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

And I've added the book to the site. I converted to ePub file to Mobi format as well for those who have a Kindle (which doesn't support ePub).

I've updated the [url=http://www.eilistraee.com/chosen/content.php:25cr38bc]downloads[/url:25cr38bc] page to include both version. I did zip both of them up, but that shouldn't be a problem.

[b:25cr38bc]Dictionary English-Drow[/b:25cr38bc] ([url=http://www.eilistraee.com/f/dictionary_ ... p:25cr38bc]ePub[/url:25cr38bc]) ([url=http://www.eilistraee.com/f/dictionary_ ... p:25cr38bc]Mobi[/url:25cr38bc])

On a related note; for anyone with an e-reader I recommend a program called [url=http://calibre-ebook.com/:25cr38bc]Calibre[/url:25cr38bc], which allows you to convert between various e-reader formats and do a whole host of other useful things.

Anyway, thanks again Dragonessa. Nice work. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

That's funny- I did something similar a while back, when I decided I needed the dictionary in a separate file so I could access it at any time. So I converted it to a Works document. This was before there even WERE e-readers. Looks like I'm not the only one who likes to use it while I write! Great minds think alike, I guess! 8) :D
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Dragonessa
Maid
Maid

Post by Dragonessa »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":30vlxpma]That's because I haven't enabled file sharing on the forums. :p[/quote:30vlxpma]

Well, that explains that! :D It's a good forum policy anyway.

Of course now that I've got this done, it's occurring to me I tend to use the Drow-English dictionary more. :devil: (Not sure if that makes me smart or really nerdy.)

If I get chance I'll do a version for that too. Might as well have everything completely complete! :angel:
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

[quote="Dragonessa":2firwmmb](Not sure if that makes me smart or really nerdy.)[/quote:2firwmmb]
Probably a bit of both. ;)

[quote="Dragonessa":2firwmmb]If I get chance I'll do a version for that too. Might as well have everything completely complete! :angel:[/quote:2firwmmb]
Could just put them in the same book (first all the English to Drow and then the other way around) and use the Table of Contents to jump to the right half.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Dragonessa
Maid
Maid

Post by Dragonessa »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":3svgt68s]Could just put them in the same book (first all the English to Drow and then the other way around) and use the Table of Contents to jump to the right half.[/quote:3svgt68s]

Oh that's a great idea! I'll do that then. I think there's a way to do subchapters.... I think... :angel: