Final Tribute

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Argoth
Demigod

Final Tribute

Post by Argoth »

Dear All,

I've decided upon making a final tribute to our Goddess. I'm getting a tattoo of the Dark Maiden. I've always longed for one, and since I've started getting some a few months ago, I've finally decided upon composing the Dark Maiden to my right hand sleeve. I have two tats so far, the eye of Raa surrounded by tentacles, or the Eye of Providence with tentacles, and a badass owl on my shoulder. I haven't been posting in a long while, I am aware of that, but it isn't without cause. One thing is sure, I owe a great deal to the teachings of Eilistraee IRL. Seriously. Her dogma helped me a great lot when my own world view collapsed and I needed to grasp onto something NOT to fall into utter darkness of all sorts of addictions. Sounds strange, but still, ever since, the Moon has always been a sign of new hope for me, of strength, power and the ability to overcome all obstacles. I love this place, and you all, and it's a shame we won't be seeing any more novels on the subject. But still Eilistraee lives on in our hearts, minds, bodies and very souls. She shall prevail over evil and villainy. Why? Because it's Her. Simply. I love that period of my life I have spent ever since I have devoted myself to true good, meaning good without rules, constrictions, rules; to good of the purest form, spreading happiness wherever I can, even at my own loss (which has happened a few times in the past) and even if there is no supreme prise waiting for me in the afterlife, I am still happy to bring cheer and love wherever it is needed.

Again, I love you all, I love Eilistraee. I am forever Her servant. And I am getting a tattoo to resemble that fact, never to forget where I come from, what are the origins of the person I am today.

Two songs to give away me at this time, I give you. Both instrumental. The first one I always imagine playing while running wild on some meadow, naked, soaked in rain, happy. The other is an ending of sorts, but still magnificent, as my death shall be, whatever it may be, I shall live my life spreading happiness wherever I can. And that is the power of devotion. This is what Mankind is capable of achieving if it wills it. I am power, for I am Man.

[youtube:258avdmi]oy_tBZtSibY[/youtube:258avdmi]
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Wow, that's quite some dedication. I don't think I'd be able to do the same. Then again, I can't see myself getting any kind of tattoo for anything, ever.

When you do get one though, I'd love to see a picture. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

I would love to see it as well. Be sure to post a pic when you get it! And I can totally understand how you could feel that way. sometimes we just have to grab onto something that has meaning to us, whether it's "real" or not, to help us cope with life's trials. Kudos to you.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Tattoo... I find it cool. I think it will look great!

A little of topic, but the only tattoo I ever wanted to do (and maybe some day I will) is a tattoo from 'Vagrant Story' which was on the back of the main antihero, taking all space on the back from neck to girdle

[img:axhwwwz8]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/ ... nverse.jpg[/img:axhwwwz8]
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Re: Final Tribute

Post by Alaric Darkrose »

I have to say, I admire your dedication. I couldn't do the same thing.
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.