Introduction

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Irennan
Champion

Introduction

Post by Irennan »

So, I'm not truly new but I've never posted here before (even though I've been often checking these boards) and I'd like to say vendui, even if late.

I developed interests in the FR with PC games, but I started reading novels settled in them only a couple years ago, beginning with WotSQ series. I was intrigued by the drow and the way how their life was depicted and especially by Eilistraee (whose concept really really touched me), because she offered them an alternative, thus making them different from many other fantasy settings dark elves.

No need to say that I felt very saddened when I learned about what WotC made to the goddess, and for this reason I wanted to thank you for keeping this site, because it's through things like it that she will live on.
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Re: Introduction

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

vendui and hope to see you around then
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

Welcome to the CoE forums. :)
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Greetings Irennan and welcome to the Chosen of Eilistraee. :)

Believe me when I say that we feel your pain regarding Eilistraee. But yes, I feel that by keeping the site we keep her alive and so the site remains. Though even without the site (not that I have any intention of dropping it) she lives on as long as she remains in the hearts of us, the players. The final rays of moonlight have not yet been cast.

Again be welcome and may you find a home of sorts here.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Hi there!

As much as my stubbornness goes, I think the canon should be given due respect. It could be worse. For example, they could say "All followers died in sudden explosion of volcano, the end". In my opinion, turning to 'dark elves' (I really think they should have left the old racial features though) has potential for adventures.