Half breeds breeding!!

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CrankyOzzie
Regular

Half breeds breeding!!

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Ok, here's the story. My Half-Dragon I'm playing on a nwn server has recently proposed to his lover, a half-demon (more like a Tiefling, actually, since the only visual clue to her heritage are her horns). Anyway, she's already asked him how he feels about having "little ones" ie: children (she said yes to his proposal, by the way).

My question is, what would their kids turn out like? he's of Human stock, she's of Elven stock, both with other racial stock in them.

I suspect they would either turn out to be full human, or full elven, provided they [i:beu1jj2q]could[/i:beu1jj2q] have children; just as two half-elves having kids would result in either fully elven or human children, yes? But that example is a bit more straightforward, since they are both of the same race.

Any opinions?
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Well Genectics do not follow normal rules.

You are talking about four blood lines, Dragon, Demon, Human and Elf.

With this mix the best one good expect would be half-elf.

Hmm search indicates

Tiefling = Half-demon half human
Fey'ri = Half elf half demon

Anyway back to my opinion. I would say Dragon blood will not manifest in children, that demon blood appears to last for generations.

Under this inference, the children (if any) would likely be

Half-elf (plane touched Native outsider)
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Well, the nymaru race my dm and I came up with started out in a similar manner. If you like I can send you the stats on them, just don't try to sell our idea as yours or anything..lol..
Vendrin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vendrin »

rofl. This amuses me to no end. So like social servers and the old aol rp chatrooms.
I guess things never change.

Anyways, I think there would be the question even if mating would work. At some point there has to be something similar for the reproduction system to work, and while it isn't to far out I think the demon/dragon blood might cause some problems.

However if you go through with this, I'd suggest the dragon blood have minimal overt appearance and then you have a half elf kid with a very faint hint of fiendish blood, who most likely has sorcerous powers from the mix of draconic/fiendish blood.
"What does God want? Does God want goodness or the choice of goodness? Is a man who chooses evil perhaps in some way better than a man who has good imposed upon him?"
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Re: Half breeds breeding!!

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

[quote="CrankyOzzie":7pyb5kmm]I suspect they would either turn out to be full human, or full elven, provided they [i:7pyb5kmm]could[/i:7pyb5kmm] have children; just as two half-elves having kids would result in either fully elven or human children, yes? But that example is a bit more straightforward, since they are both of the same race.[/quote:7pyb5kmm]

Actually to my mind Half Elf + Half Elf = Half Elf
while Half Elf + Human = Human
and Half Elf + Elf = Elf.

Given the 50/50 genetic split between father and mother and if both parents genes are half elven the only way the child will be anything but a half elf would be if both parents gave a significantly greater portion of the genes from one race, which isn't likely.

The likely results of the specific pairing you mentioned are (imho) as follows: Half Elf, Half Dragon and Half Demon.

Were this pnp it would be a simple matter of saying any children are half elves with Demon and Dragon bloodlines from the Unearthed Arcana book but the fact that this is done on a nwn server complicates things.
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Of course you could just bypass the whole issue by deciding that one of the two is sterile. Could lead to some interesting roleplaying too; you want children but are you going to adopt or get some outside help or just kidnap a human baby and raise it as your own? Maybe try to get magical aid (which could help decide the child’s race “this spell also purges all demon and dragon blood”).

And congratulations on getting your character hitched. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Well that would be really an interesting thing. If You'd chose one of the characters not capable of having children than You'd have find that out, then chose what to do etc. It's a great thing for a hole adventure and much more engadging. (or whatever You spel it) Well to me children from this point of view are just imposible to have. We're talking about a mix of four bloodlines (like someone wrote earlier) and the kids would be 25% of everything? Imposible. At least to me.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:8284hwb9]Heck, I'd say just make the kids whatever you want (with the appropriate bloodlines). I think both half-dragons and half-demons are cool, why not just try a demon-dragon combo? Talk about an overly powerful character :devil: . Might be a handful for the parents though. ;) [/color:8284hwb9]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

A demon - dragon? Well that's even worse from an elf - dragon. That person doesn't belong to any of the worlds, neither to dragons, nor demons... Maybe elves or humans, but it would be rather a sad and lonely life. Or it could somehow meet Eilistraeen whorshipers... (or whatever you spel it.)
Karak
Maid
Maid

Post by Karak »

hmmmm

1 .......x.....y
...x....xx...xy
...y....xy...yy

this is how genetics work.... in normal cases but this is more difficult more like this :

1........xy......zz

...xy...xyxy.. xyzz

...oo...xyoo..oozz

i think.... :angel: :? :? :?
Last edited by Karak on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Army Will Rise Again And Lay The World Under Shadow Garboch Da''Jinn (Domedags boken 45:67)
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:yo05n570]Yes but normal science doesn't work in FR.[/color:yo05n570]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Karak
Maid
Maid

Post by Karak »

yeah thats true...they can change apperans by magic...hmmm must think about this... :?
The Dark Army Will Rise Again And Lay The World Under Shadow Garboch Da''Jinn (Domedags boken 45:67)
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Ok so when a drow goes to bed with a Tanar'ri or some othe Glabherezu during some ceremony before other priestesses of Lolth a dreagloth comes out... Big deal. Try doing it with a dragon in its true form. That's a chalange. :devil:
Ceistant
Maid
Maid

Post by Ceistant »

I think the easiest thing to do is just have your DM pick which bloodline is more dominant than the other.. e.i. Dragon blood from a half dragon is more direct and potent then the Demon blood from a tiefling ( which you could say originated from a great ancestor of the tiefling) or vise versa.

After that you just do the averages to see what traits win out.. I would think that Human and Elf portions would just balance out to be Half-Elf, then add to it the Dominant second blood trait.

There are some references your DM could research on the nature of Tieflings and Half Dragons to give him/her an idea of which bloodline is more direct (from the source), but in the end I think its up to you and your DM.

Most of time with things like this I like to have the player write up a story (Like my Father was a Dragon, but partner got their demon blood from their great great grandfather, so our children were draconic, but all carry the demonic recessive trait which could pop up later in their offspring) or plot hook that describes how it works out.. that way it can be RP'd or have a real contribution to the game. Otherwise its like picking which socks to put on.. unless they are those ones with the toes sewn into them, then you got something to talk about. :D
Conteur
Maid
Maid

Post by Conteur »

In fact, I think that's why there is Race AND Template. In my opinion, it would be a Fey'ri with the Half-Dragon Template. If you add too many Template(like a Half-Golem Half-Demon Half-Dragon), you will get easily bored when it shows that you never Level Up and you die easily with only one digit HP...