So where y'all from?

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=indigo:1g8mjphd]Minasc and [b:1g8mjphd][u:1g8mjphd]BOO[/u:1g8mjphd][/b:1g8mjphd]! Minsc and Boo are Minsc and Boo, and cannot be separated! -Minsc (and Boo), BGII Tutorial[/color:1g8mjphd]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Ah I love those two, lets all quote Minsc and Boo, I'll start with that famous first line!

"Stand and deliver! That my hamster might have a better look at you!"

I would like to meet the inventor of Minsc and Boo and shake him by the hand, unfortunately God does not do social calls (or so I'm told).
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Well I guess the best thing about Minsc was Boo.
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Come, we must press on against the tide of naughtiness. Mind your step.

Jan- Minsc! Look out! Behind you!
Minsc- Where? He who sneaks on Minsc loses teeth!
Jan- C'mon Boo! Quickly, come to Jan!
Minsc- Stop it! Boo is not for you, tiny! You'll hurt him!
Jan- He likes me. Gnomes are far cuddlier than oafish humans.
Minsc- No, I know best when talking of Boo. If you could hear his wishes you would agree, but you cannot. The words of Boo are for Minsc alone.
Jan- You can't fault a fellow for trying.
Minsc- I can and will. And another thing; no more sneaking Boo crackers. He is getting rather portly, and the crumbs make for an itchy bedroll.

And one exchange between Jan and Keldorn.
Keldorn- Ones must maintain constant dicipline and remember the four principles of virture...that is my motto and everlasting burden.
Jan- Virtue, eh knighty?
Keldorn- Indeed, little one. 'Tis not virtuous to refer to me as 'knighty.'
Jan- Another human with his shorts in a knot. But I digress. Anyway, Keldy, my mother wrote a book on virtue.
Keldorn- Did she?
Jan- Oh, yes. A book on the virtues of erotic love. "Sins of the Flesh Golem," it was called. Excellent sales in the paladin's spouse market.
Keldorn- A wholly inappropriate jest, Jan. You should be ashamed.
Jan- It is no jest. I'll send you a copy, if your wife does not already have one.
Keldorn- Never speak of my wife, gnome. Your lack of respect is appalling.
Jan- Ah, now I see. One of THOSE.
Keldorn- It is not your place to judge my affairs. You must learn to respect your leaders.
Jan- I do respect my leaders. This has nothing to do with them. This reminds me of the chapter where the paladin first makes passionate love to the flesh golem. What a beautiful scene...
Keldorn- Begone, gnome, lest my honor demand I perform acts that you shall regret.
Jan- 'Fleshy, honey,' the paladin said. 'Yes, baby?' said the golem...
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Oh btw Unen, I think you misquoted. He says: "Minsc and BOO! YOU FORGOT BOO!"
Titles:

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:1oz5pw36] Sorry, my bad.[/color:1oz5pw36]
[quote="CrankyOzzie":1oz5pw36]
Jan- Another human with his shorts in a knot. But I digress. Anyway, Keldy, my mother wrote a book on virtue.
Keldorn- Did she?
Jan- Oh, yes. A book on the virtues of erotic love. "Sins of the Flesh Golem," it was called. Excellent sales in the paladin's spouse market.
Jan- 'Fleshy, honey,' the paladin said. 'Yes, baby?' said the golem...[/quote:1oz5pw36]

[color=indigo:1oz5pw36]Eeewwww. I'm glad I never saw that conversation. I do remember (and enjoyed immensely) Sir Anomen's conversation with Edwin(a) after Edwin's miscalculation with the Nether Scrolls though. :p :x :D [/color:1oz5pw36]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

You mean along the lines of;

"May I be your champion, Lady Edwina?"
Titles:

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

:D [color=indigo:3ml1qc0j]Yeah, something like that. @ Edwin:[/color:3ml1qc0j] :p
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

[color=orange:31wouxl8]Hawaii. Been here for about 17-18 years, out of 22 years of my life.

Was born on the east coast of the U.S., in the state of New Hampshire, Nashua.[/color:31wouxl8]
Last edited by Merinid Tlin'orzza on Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

"Minsc- Yes! Lead evil by example, and one day we need no longer put the boots to those that stray off the path of goodness into the muck and bile of villainy and track great bloody footprints across our lily white tiles! Boo will have clean wood shavings you evil bastards!"
Tanamoril- Ooooh kaaaay."

Jaheira: You are amusing ... in a what the hell is wrong with you kind of way.

Guard: The entrance tax is 6 gold pieces for each party of travellers. Please announce your point of origin.
Protagonist: The mystical land of frolicking naked nymphs, where your every desire is granted by bald blubbering bugbears. Hee! Hee! (Ironicly, this is what you should say)

Larze: Huurm, I be Larze. You be Protagonist. Don't try to deny it. You should not have come to Baldur's Gate. You given many warnings before, but you ignore them. Now you must pay. Sorry, but Larze must kill.
Protagonist: Wait one moment you big oaf. Why would you think that I'm Protagonist? Do I look like I could be that kind of hero? Protagonist is a juggernaut of destruction, with flaming eyes, and a roaring voice. My companions and I, we're just normal folks.
Larze: Huh? But you must be Protagonist. Me see picture, and it look like you. It had no fire eyes or big voice, though pictures don't have voices. Hmmmmm. I confused.
Protagonist: Larze, my poor confused ogre. There is only one thing for you to do. You have to go back and take a closer look at the picture. I'm sure once you've had a second look, you'll know what a big mistake you've made. Now run along, we'll be waiting right here.
Larze: Yes! Good idea. Larze will find picture and see for sure. You will wait here until Larze gets back.

# Mellicamp the Chicken: Th... thank ye... (cluck). You have saved (cluck) me.
Protagonist:

1. Forsooth! Methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!
2. I fear I have taken one too many blows to the head! Next I'll be hearing hamsters speak!
3. A-a-a-ah!!! Unholy magics are afoot! This chicken is possessed! This bird is FOUL!!!

Lilacor:My brother's a +12 Hackmaster!

Imoen: So... Sarevok. You've had an itty-bitty piece of my soul in there for quite a while now. What's it been like?
Sarevok: Well, other than a slight obsession with my weight and the resurgence of a few pimples, it's been simply grand.

Aerie: I have a question for you, Imoen... you have the taint of Bhaal within you? Does this mean you will turn into the Slayer as well?
Imoen: I certainly hope not. I... I've been thinking more and more lately about that, myself, though.
Aerie: It must be an awful feeling. I cannot imagine how <Protagonist> deals with it.
Imoen: Yeah... s/he's been dealing with it longer, too. Sometimes, when it's quiet... I can hear the taint in my heart whispering to me. It says awful things and I almost want to scream to shut them out.
Aerie: (gasp!) You... you haven't done anything that it's said, have you?
Imoen: Well... other than that time I got up in the middle of the night to snatch a bag of cinnamon cookies, heck no.
Aerie: Oh, goo-... what? Cinnamon cookies?
Imoen: Ha ha! Oh, come on, Aerie! Lighten up, willya? I'll tell ya what, if I have any desires to murder you in the middle of the night, you'll be the first to know, okay?
Aerie: That's not very funny, Imoen. <Protagonist> never makes fun of his/her condition that way.
Protagonist: Well, it's been so much easier when I discovered all the Slayer really wants is a sandwich...
Aerie: Oh, fine. Everyone seems determined to make fun of me. I'll stand back here, thank you.

Elven Madman: You want Yakman to sleep? Yakman never sleep!
Protagonist: You never sleep? You must sleep. If you didn't sleep, it would drive you... oh.

Girl: MY MOTHER SAYS THAT DARK ELVES SHOULD BE HANGED UNLESS THEY'RE NAMED DRIZZT!!
Viconia: (sigh) So what else is new?

Protagonist: Might you have any advice, o Sentient Sword?
Lilarcor: Advice, eh? Well, besides working a little on your swordsmanship. Besides that, I'd have to think.
Lilarcor: Hmmm... find someone rich, and kill them. Find someone richer, and kill them, too! Hack and slash you way to fortune! Woo-hoo!!

Viconia: Jan. While I would be tempted to let the situation play itself out, perhaps it is best if I warn you now.
Jan: Yeeessss, my dusky little margarita? What warning would that be?
Viconia: You have a venomous spider on your neck. A lovely creature, known to cause an agonizing, blood-curdling death within moments of injecting its nerve poison.
Jan: You know, this reminds me of the time Uncle Scratchy laid me flat with the handle of a horseman's flail. 'Look behind you!', he says. 'Why? What's behind me?', I say. 'A Tiberian Dung Beetle!', he cries, looking frantic. So of course I scream in terror and look behind me... and lost a bag of the most scrumptuous turnips ever to come out of Scornubel. Ma Jansen was furious and the lump was more painful than six weeks with the Calimshite Itch.
Viconia: Oh, look. There it goes down the back of your shirt.
Jan: And then there was that time I took a drow at his word. "Bifflechips,' says I, 'you had better be telling the truth.' And, of course, he swore up and down that he was. Needless to say, not four weeks later I was stewing in the lower intestines of a giant cave wyrm without even so much as a torch or a sense of irony. I would have been a goner if gnomes weren't well known for causing severe bouts of intestinal gas.
Viconia: I wouldn't squirm about so much, you foolish jaluk. You're likely to anger it, and I have no spells that can counteract its particular poison.
Jan: Now, if I had a copper for every time --- eh, wait a second. I feel something... who's behind me? What *is* that back there?
Viconia: Did I not try to tell you? No doubt it is sinking its fangs into your gamey flesh as we speak.
Jan: What? But I -- ouch! AHHHH! AHHHH, NOOOO! I'M TOO YOUNG A GNOME TO DIE!! AHHHHH!! HELP ME, SOMEONE! AN ANTIDOTE, AN ANTIDOTE!! PAIN GIVES ME GAS! AHHHH!! I DON"T WANT TO -- eh? Wait a minute, that's a fly. A dead fly. You mean I ripped off my own shirt for nothing?
Viconia: Ha ha! Sometimes life has its little rewards. Even for the drow.
Jan: You're a cruel, cruel woman, Viconia. Garl help me, but I am so turned on right now.
Viconia: Alright, now I'm leaving.
:3
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Lol I have definitely never seen the last one before, is it in a fanfic?
Titles:

Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

It's on Wikiquotes I think... I don't eaven know if I got the Wikiquotes thing eaven...
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:1c21y4og]I've seen a few of them, but one of my faves is the melicamp one. If you say #3, it really ticks him off. Of course, Lilarcor is always pretty funny too. He and Minsc make a great team. :D [/color:1c21y4og]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Lol, have you seen the nameof the spell that turns Melicamp back?

ANTICHICKENATOR!
Titles:

Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

I passed BGII twice now, but I jsut can't get my hands on ToB.
And the traggic thing is it's located on the DVD on wich BGII is....I'm so pathetic...But then again, what else is new?