<Insert Generic Greeting Here>

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: <Insert Generic Greeting Here>

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*nods* I have played children, events shaped their lives. Basic D&D has everyone as adult and history of whatever. What matters most is play for fun when one enters RP. Post when you choose and what you choose to post.

An idea, the Orcs to the North might need a Drow commander *G* , just an idea of course.
Shriastae Tivale
Maid
Maid

Post by Shriastae Tivale »

Actually, that's an interesting idea. I'll think about it, but I wouldn't do something like that in history. That's something that needs to be done where people can see it.

A lot of things "of the North" happening here. But then, Menzoberranzan and Skullport are both in the North-ish. It always confused me why the Eilistraeen clergy would choose to make its main headquarters so close to normal drow...
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Shriastae Tivale":3f0n8zsw]Actually, that's an interesting idea. I'll think about it, but I wouldn't do something like that in history. That's something that needs to be done where people can see it.

A lot of things "of the North" happening here. But then, Menzoberranzan and Skullport are both in the North-ish. It always confused me why the Eilistraeen clergy would choose to make its main headquarters so close to normal drow...[/quote:3f0n8zsw]

Well the Dark Maiden directed Qilué Veladorn there in part to remove temple of Ghaunadaur. Then kinda of guided to protect from the evils of below.

Hey I did not write it, however there is an article years old entitled _If you need help, Ask the Drow._

In some ways it makes sense to be near those that are under Lolth control as far as that goes. Close enough to do rescue, far enough away that the Lolthian cities so raided can attack in return. In fiction or fantasy world of course logic does not apply in the same way it would apply to Real World. There again often I fail to see logic in Real World either *sighs*
Shriastae Tivale
Maid
Maid

Makes it convenient for escapes, too. *makes notes regarding that*

Orcs have Obould Many-Arrows. I totally forgot about him. Not trouncing on canon. :P Shri'd make a horrible leader anyway.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Not all Orcs follow Obould Many-Arrows. I was thinking about the orcs North of an Inn, someplace that the twon council will pay 1 gold coin for each head brought in. Orcs at times do have Drow leaders driving them, planning for them. Of course in time the leader might have to face the forces of good :)
Shriastae Tivale
Maid
Maid

Someone seems to believe I'm playing an evil character. :P

Lemme just get the start of her profile out. Then we'll reexamine that idea.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Shriastae Tivale":28lifye3]Someone seems to believe I'm playing an evil character. :P

Lemme just get the start of her profile out. Then we'll reexamine that idea.[/quote:28lifye3]

Well grew up in Evil family, however some rebel and become a surface ranger *EG* that at times I suspect being Evil.

Yes I know you want to define Shri before you RP her, however there is nothing to prevent you from playing another character should you so desire. Bhaern gets little RP here, some that character got into did not go well, I resigned from one, the other just stopped getting posts or the most recent.
Shriastae Tivale
Maid
Maid

He's getting more action that some of us are. :P

Anyway, that's done now. Her body is ready.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Shriastae Tivale":vftjaymh]It always confused me why the Eilistraeen clergy would choose to make its main headquarters so close to normal drow...[/quote:vftjaymh]
Just to kind of add to what Bhaern said... One of the main purposes of Eilistraeen religion is to convert all the other drow to their way of seeing things. Can't convert anyone if you're on the other side of the world from them. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

Welcome aboard. Always room for another deep worlder here. :) <tips hat>