"At risk"

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

lil_alanie
Maid
Maid

Post by lil_alanie »

Wishing you the best of luck!

I've been working for the same company for over 11 years now, and it's had it's fair share of downsizing. It's shut down the building in which I started out at, and there were two years where no one got raises. I have been transferred to three different departments and a new building within the last 5 years.

Those I've known who have left the company for whatever reason usually have found better jobs than what they started out with while working beside me. Half the time they start their new jobs making more money than I do when they leave! My own mother got layed off after being with a furniture company for over twenty years. She hasn't been with her current employer a year yet, and she makes over $11.00/hour. It's taken me eleven years to make over $10.00/hour!

So, whatever happens I believe the odds are in your favor!!!
You can trust me, I'm no criminal.
But, I'd kill my mother just to be with you.
-Faith No More
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Wow, my mom couldn't retire early becouse she was half a dollar short with payments for the retire fund, and that's becouse one of her former employers cheeted on her saying he is paying her fund, but he didn't. So now she's unemplyed and has another 5 years till normal retirement, without any cash. Here it works like this, when you get employed, some of your monthly payment is sent for the fund by the employer (part as tax, part directly to the fund) and that means you're working legaly. But since he didn't pay, in now looks like she's been working illegally on purpose, but she just didn't have a clue, couse it's hard to trace these payments. Now this sucks.
lil_alanie
Maid
Maid

Post by lil_alanie »

[quote:1ea57000]Wow, my mom couldn't retire early becouse she was half a dollar short with payments for the retire fund, and that's becouse one of her former employers cheeted on her saying he is paying her fund, but he didn't. [/quote:1ea57000]

Wow. Sorry about your mom.

Retirement seems to work a lot differently here. I'm not an expert or anything, but here you have the option to set up a fund(either through your employer or bank). If you don't set one up, you don't have one.
You can trust me, I'm no criminal.
But, I'd kill my mother just to be with you.
-Faith No More
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Here your fund (should you not chose one yourself) is selected at random.
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

[quote="lil_alanie":1nbgujz9]It's taken me eleven years to make over $10.00/hour![/quote:1nbgujz9]

whoa! what ? Huh? I'm a cashier, the lowest on the totem pole, I havn't even been there a year and I'm making $9.50 an hour.
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Let's see retirment fund in Croatia....

Or right....No such thing exists... Check your calculators... 1$ 5 KN...Now do that for 1000 KN...Basically you can barely buy bread from it...
:3
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Some good news... I've been (unofficially) told that I'm being offered a position on the SingStar team. Just need to wait until HR (Human Resources) works out some details before I'm being officially offered.

So it seems like I'll be working in London (and likely, sooner or later, moving to London).

:)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Sancha
Maid
Maid

Post by Sancha »

Right on, good to hear!

Though I'd be more excited personally if you were going to Obsidian to work on Neverwinter.. ;) Heehee. Glad Sony is keeping you though. That must have been stressful, not knowing! *HUG!*
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

That's great! Never had a doubt things would work out right.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Yay! The Chosen shall live on!
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

Don't worry Tyrmer we'll never be an endagered species...tehre's always idiots like the one in the "New Player Introduction" thread who say that our forum is vibrant and full of life...
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

But then we have people like YOU who go around killing, maiming or scaring off the fresh blood. Or all three...
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

*glee* :angel:
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

:uh-huh:
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Good luck, High Priestess.
I, too, may have a full-time job soon. I know I have work to do next week, and possibly at the start of June. Looks like I will be getting my new PC sooner than I expected :D
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/