Make Love not Warcraft

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elspath
Maid
Maid

Make Love not Warcraft

Post by Elspath »

Now i know shril has a dislike for this world but was wondering if anyone else from the chosen has a opinion or liked World of Warcraft?

Me personally, i have a few chars and play often. Running my own guild and doing raids and so forth

for those interested i have a....
Sin'dorei Blood Knight 70 (Holy Retribution)
Night Elf Hunter 60 (Beasty)
Tauran Shamen 60 (Enhancment puncher)

and a few other odds and ends
vin''ult sea''anen d''Myth Drannor Y''teni dosst killian lanke zhah elghinyrr
-=Shadows of the Moon Series=-
Kaele
Maid
Maid

Post by Kaele »

[color=indigo:vpaxjr6j]Aside from the Burning trial I haven't played WoW for quite some time; not because I don't like it, just had to cut back on expenses. I was pleased to see my original avis still in the system, although I had forgotten I'd given all my stuff/money away before I cancelled . . . I'd gladly play it again, finances willing, except my husband prefers EQ2 to WoW. [/color:vpaxjr6j]
Natha bwael z''haan zhah alur taga natha myar fre''sla (Drow)
Is fear rith maith ná drochsheasamh (Celtic)
A good run is better than a bad stand (Common English)
Vendrin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vendrin »

meh. WoW is uninspiring and just a time eater. EVE online ftw.
"What does God want? Does God want goodness or the choice of goodness? Is a man who chooses evil perhaps in some way better than a man who has good imposed upon him?"
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

I like the story of warcraft, but WoW to me is a timesink. I DO however enjoy playing it when I'm playing with my borther. Without someone I know it's just another pointless MMO
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
atiguy
Maid
Maid

Post by atiguy »

I'd just like to say that Kaele and Narsia would totally make super HAWT blood elfs. *drinks a beer for them*
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

I actually prefer draenei. Blood Elves make me feel kinda icky inside, though I DO have one. A warlock of all things
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

WoW? Sssqqqquueeeeeeeee! I love that game! I have five characters that I play regularly. A Forsaken warlock, a Dranei magess, a Belf paladin, a Belf rogue and a NE shadow priestess. All on Sentinels.
Elspath
Maid
Maid

Post by Elspath »

personally i never notice the difference between a game you like and a time sink you like. either way its entertainments, just like tv. Just something to do and have fun with, nothing more
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

As time sinks go I'm preferring Hellgate London at the moment. Though I've had a friend drag me into trying the LotRO seven-day trial (and it took not even one day for me to remember why I disliked that game :p ).

Anyway, more looking towards WAR at the moment. Though I'm scared of the PvP.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Nico
Maid
Maid

Post by Nico »

Torn between WAR and Conan personally. Both look nice.
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Yeah, I hate the PvP myself. That's why I don't play my warlock too often. She's on a PvP server.

My draenei Paladin and Shaman are both on a non-PvP server where you only have to PvP against other players if you kill an enemy NPC. Avoid that and you're safe.

I suggest reading up on each race before choosing which one you like most though. They all have very interesting back stories and SOMEHOW none of them are actually evil despite if you may not like their lifestyles. In the end each race is just trying to preserve their way of life while fighting the Legion and the Scourge who are the real enemy.
Elspath
Maid
Maid

Post by Elspath »

Oh i would say im a RP server addict when it comes down to it and quite learned in the lore of warcraft. i know things from past and historical land marks that make most players head spins. I have been challenge in lore knowledge a few times and my first few questions tend to go over some peoples heads because the subjects i chose tend to be so deep in to the mythose that only a few people know about them.

but thats what i love about warcraft myself, the depth is there and so many people pass it by and think they know everything

But on war vs Conan. Well i must say War is ok but dose really interest me much, just seems like another game and I'm afraid there making it to leet est for the average players. not without destroy its own store based.

Oh a side note one of the best features from the original Dark age of camalot was the three way battlegrounds and seige system that they did. To bad they couldest do that in Warhammer, all they have is a two way system with multable battle siege areas. Many many players from camalot lived and died by that system and to loose it will not make those players wish to play warhammer. in my opnion

Conan well, they so and promise SOOOOO much that its completely unbelievable. From what i read I'm starting to expect the char to jump out of my computer and challenge me to real life sword fights! but then the more they promise the more i think its going to fail. Take Shadowbane as a example. For those of you who took interested in it before its release it offered the almost exact same features, combat, group combat, town and guild building, and seige combat that conan is talking about. almost to the later. Plus conan says there environments is as lush as Oblivion

So im rooting for conan, but i have a sinked feeling that its going to play like a bad game of checkers when its done [i:2h5swlzs]*giggles*[/i:2h5swlzs]
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

I think WoW is hardcore. :D

I tried it awhile ago on a friend's account. Played a male dwarf rogue on Nerzul, reaching level 5 or 6 if I remember correctly. :)
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Ogorsh smash with totem...Ogrosh smash them all...SMASH THEM AAAAAL!!!

mwahahahahahahahaha....
:3
Nico
Maid
Maid

Post by Nico »

WAR has the Squig Herder, and there's great appeal in playing this tiny, irritating little imp surrounded by several hulking great red things with big teeth. Then again, Conan has the Lich, and that's also a rather appealling character. :devil: