Eilistraee's faithful on NWN 2- lets start something cool!

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

atiguy
Maid
Maid

Eilistraee's faithful on NWN 2- lets start something cool!

Post by atiguy »

the drow on this particular server are mostly all evil or i should say lolthian. my character a moon elf cleric who worships the dark maiden for hte most part seems to be the only priestess on this server who follows eilistraee. what i am suggesting is that we forge and build Eilistraee's presence to counterbalance the evil drow of szith. the server is decent and well ran and i am fairly sure the DM's over there would welcome such a thing. Morfilmar Desh is the only drow from our beloved forum here ither than my self who I know plays nwn2 much less on this particular server. so what say you? lets form and start spreading the ways of the lady of dance to the misguided worshippers of the accursed spider queen!
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Ok, found [url=http://www.forgottenrealm.ca/:1wecteza]their website[/url:1wecteza].

I've been reading it a bit and I'm not sure. What particularly concerns me is this:

[quote:1wecteza][b:1wecteza]The Surface:[/b:1wecteza] [u:1wecteza]Any[/u:1wecteza] above ground area is considered the surface. Any DROW caught upon the surface may be killed, captured or chased out - there is [u:1wecteza]no requirement[/u:1wecteza] for any SURFACER to ask for permission to attack any DROW that is caught above ground.[/quote:1wecteza]
That doesn't really seem very conductive of roleplaying an Eilistraeen on the surface; I'd at [i:1wecteza]least[/i:1wecteza] expect some OOC communication. Of course with how anal people usually are regarding good drow not that surprising, it just makes me feel that we're not wanted there.

It also begs the question, is there any place where an Eilistraeen is actually safe? On the surface apparently you can be killed no matter what you do or where you go and in the Underdark you're under the perview of the other drow players, who will also have every reason to kill you. And in the underground passages it seems one isn't allowed to stay (and somehow I doubt they're safe). Is there perhaps some temple of Eilistraee where Eilistraeens and surface drow are safe?

On a personal not I'm also not that happy with their restrictions on sexual content. Restrict it to behind closed doors, yes. Forbid it altogether, no. If it makes sense for my character to be intimate with another character I feel I need the freedom to be so.

But perhaps you can tell us more about the server to convince us that it'll be an enjoyable place to play for Eilistraeen drow. I'mall for finding a place for us all to play. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
atiguy
Maid
Maid

Post by atiguy »

they have an area called the lunar temple. the issue with this particular area is it's location. I have been to the place multiple times. My moon elf is occasionally mistaken for being drow, because i kept her dark skin and gave her white hair. I can say I have never been killed out of "it's a drow kill kill". i tend to state in RP that I revere the drow etc etc. and haven't been killed or chased off. Now, there is one other server Shir'le that I know of, where I am sure we'd be more welcome and even has the promenade in it.

update: i'd like to note that it seems that they are decent with accommodation to guilds. as we would fall under this on the server I think they would possibly give us a temple for example. though heres the info regarding it. http://www.forgottenrealmguilds.com/

Also please note that they are in a transitional period on bringing the server to a new and better system to host it. according to them they have the new server. so if you do log in say today don't worry about lag or a server crash as they are working on bringing there new comp up to address/ eliminate the problem.

http://dmg.kalusia.com/dmg/news.php this particular server would be very welcome to us. these are th two best ones i know of shir'le i would love to play and RP with everyone in NWN2 so i felt i should take the iniative (not tooting my own horn)
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

I think that, generally, people playing the "Forgotten Realm" server are sort of opposed to the idea of having too many good aligned drow on the surface.

They consider such drow as one-in-a-million longshots, and I don't think many players, or DM's for that matter, would approve a sudden increase of their numbers.

Basically they're tired of cheesy Drizzt wannabes who RP shitty.

There are also a fair bit of people who enjoy a good PvP fight, and to them the very clear "Good vs. Evil/ Surfacer vs. Drow" distinction is important.

One a more RP note, the island of Elben Aator where the server is based, has just undergone a big military campaign.

The victorious faction, who now control most of the surface, is very anti-drow...Promoting killing on sight I believe, and they even have a special task force to do it. :(

That being said...

It's still not impossible for me to play Morfilmar (Though it is harder than ever...He's also lived on the surface since august, so you'd think he'd be accepted by now :/ ).

And knowing all of you to be such excellent RP'ers, I'm sure you or your characters could open a few skeptical eyes.

But uh...I don't know.

*Shrugs*

It's not going to be easy that's for sure.

:p
Plynn uns''aa tarthe...Sei''lor uns''aa duul''sso...
atiguy
Maid
Maid

Post by atiguy »

i have encountered this dislike towards Kirvina, morfilmar. alot of the players do view me in a bad light because of eilistraee. Skullport mite be better as i said previously. they welcome the idea of good drow... though we would be in the undermoutain. all things conisderd i have enjoyed my time on that server probably a bit more then than Forgotten realm
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:u5tvc0yc]Easy solution.... Don't play a "drow", play a "dark elf." There [i:u5tvc0yc]is[/i:u5tvc0yc] a distinction. "Drow" are generally Illithyri, whereas Myeritari descendants are "Dark Elves." Or so I believe... Drow are Dark Elves, but Dark Elves are not neccessarily Drow.

On a related note: apparently the term "drow" is a corruption of the ancient elvish word "Dhearrow" (sp?), meaning traitor. Therefore, the gold elves of the Arvyandaar Empire (who attacked and masacred the Myeritari dark elves with no other real reason than expansion and greed) could also be considered "Drow." Just a possible argument usable against your DM if neccessary. :p @DM.[/color:u5tvc0yc]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Interesting view... perhaps the Miyeritari Ssri-Tel'Quessir will become a race separate from the Ilythiiri Ssri-Tel'Quessir. :p

Which doesn't have anything to do with the server.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

being a wood elf i might have more luck in spreading the dark maidens messeage. i think with a little time i could establish a beachhead on one of theas servers for us.

i will update you guys on my progress as i go if your intrested
atiguy
Maid
Maid

Post by atiguy »

i would indeed be interested
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

all right then i shall post my progress on this forum

i will be loging on today to see what i can do.
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

Post by Vasriina Frerahel »

[color=olive:2k5ojhdt]What game is this? I would like to play too! :) I mean I have the game, but how do you get to where you guys are at in the game. Would you guys like me to join ya, eh?:p [/color:2k5ojhdt]
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

[quote="Vasriina Frerahel":1b7v0vc8][color=olive:1b7v0vc8]What game is this? I would like to play too! :) I mean I have the game, but how do you get to where you guys are at in the game. Would you guys like me to join ya, eh?:p [/color:1b7v0vc8][/quote:1b7v0vc8]

http://www.forgottenrealm.ca/ is whear were trying to establish an eilistraeein beachhead(i love saying that word)

time for an up date on my progress the good news is i found the server. now for the bad news i can't get on and its driving me CRAZY!!!!!!....(aheam)sorry about that im calm now. i don't know if ive downloded all there stuff because when i try to log in i get as far as area lodeing then microsfot informs me of an err then shuts me out of the game then i have to restart it again. please help me get in so i can do my job.

p.s. should i try going to the underdark to find converts or stay on the surface and see if i can secure us a place first?
atiguy
Maid
Maid

Post by atiguy »

yes vasriina you would be quite welcome to join us in our quest :)
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

Post by Vasriina Frerahel »

[color=olive:3ndlo6sh]Ooh, yay! Thanks. :D So is what your guys are talking about NWN2 for the computer, because I have that. Though, do I need the expansion pack or something for what you guys have going on?

Or are you on a particular server? :) [/color:3ndlo6sh]
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

were trying to set up an eilisareen beach head on a server called http://www.forgottonrelms.ca my job is to infiltraite the server and either set up a basecamp on the surface and get the surface dewellers to accept us (i recomend my self because i might have an easyer time then some of you guys being a wood elf and all thers a KILL DROW ON SIGHT ORDER) or delve in to the underdark and try to secure some converts but im having a slight problem it won't let me in i get as far as the area lodeing screen then the microsoft err thing pops up then shuts the game off any ideas? i don't know if iv'e downloded everything can i get a list on what to downlode?