Advertising

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kaote Bruchedaine
Maid
Maid

Advertising

Post by Kaote Bruchedaine »

I've been running through necroing a few conversations to try to breath life into the place and it's been a marginal success. So the next step I would like to try is advertising this site. I just need to know that the handful in charge would be alright with that? Some of the places I would dare to advertise are places I strongly suspect I would be bashed for if I tried to advertise them here but I figure if I could bring the best of the best from there over to here I would be worth while.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Re: Advertising

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

It depends a little on what you mean by "advertising". I don't think it'll do the site any good to give a negative impression right from the start in places that aren't interested to begin with.

Additionally I'd wait until I've had a chance to fix the current issues with the forums (which might take a while; work is still very busy as it has been all year, I'm in the middle of moving home at the moment as well, and by the time that's done I'm going on an extended Christmas vacation; wouldn't expect to have time to look at it until 2015 though I'll see if I can sneak it in somewhere). After all, it won't help to try and get people more active if they have trouble logging in in the first place.

I hope that makes sense. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

In my humble opinion, the login problem isn't that much of an issue. We could put a sticky somewhere in which it is described how to avoid the error. Once that is learned, the site runs well enough to allow normal posting.

I think that it would be cool to see more people here and some RP gaining momentum (even if I probably won't partecipate in them). This forum has a lot of potential (and again, thank you for creating it), I mean, according to what Eric Menge -one of the designeres of ''Menzoberranzan''- said, the enthusiasm about Eilistraee here was quite an inspiration to write down lore for her return. It was sadly left on the cutting floor (even tho we might see it in the future, instead of ''hurr, the Sundring did it''), but still it's great that this site was able to do a little something to move a designer.
Last edited by Irennan on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Kaote Bruchedaine
Maid
Maid

Post by Kaote Bruchedaine »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":24lanso8]It depends a little on what you mean by "advertising". I don't think it'll do the site any good to give a negative impression right from the start in places that aren't interested to begin with.

Additionally I'd wait until I've had a chance to fix the current issues with the forums (which might take a while; work is still very busy as it has been all year, I'm in the middle of moving home at the moment as well, and by the time that's done I'm going on an extended Christmas vacation; wouldn't expect to have time to look at it until 2015 though I'll see if I can sneak it in somewhere). After all, it won't help to try and get people more active if they have trouble logging in in the first place.

I hope that makes sense. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:24lanso8]

The advertising I had in mind was to stick to the link in some simple conveniently places. Character profiles or chat room's description. Places where it's there to wait for people rather than to be thrown at people.

I understand the issue of wanting to wait until the fix to insure the best possible first impression but I am not sure I myself can wait 2 months!