What does "Ascendancy of the Last" mean to us?

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Autumn
Maid
Maid

Post by Autumn »

well think about it...If A group of miyatari can work together to -Erase- a gods name *see book two of this series* I am almsot certain with enough of them together...they could...revive one?
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Exactly. Like I've been saying...I'm just going to do something to bring her back.
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

[quote="Vendrin":3n6hgds1]In 4E, Eilistraee is dead and gone. I say simply abandon 4E and play in a world that continues in 3.5 from a point of your choosing, building your own cannon from there.[/quote:3n6hgds1]

I endorse the above sentiment!
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Dostrealt
Maid
Maid

Post by Dostrealt »

[quote="Talwyn Aureliano":18h4bzo3][quote="Vendrin":18h4bzo3]In 4E, Eilistraee is dead and gone. I say simply abandon 4E and play in a world that continues in 3.5 from a point of your choosing, building your own cannon from there.[/quote:18h4bzo3]

I endorse the above sentiment![/quote:18h4bzo3]

Here! Here! If we have gone down from 120 gods to 30 gods, I would need to create stats for the 90 missing gods before I was happy to use 4th edition D&D [b:18h4bzo3]rules[/b:18h4bzo3].

But I don't think I'll ever accept the Forgotten Realms: Next Generation timejump. I'll stick with the 3rd edition background.

However, all version of the D&D rules work perfectly well. If people like any earlier version of D&D there is no reason for them to feel forced to give up their rules. I only switched from AD&D to 3rd edition because I liked the d20 System changes. If I didn't like them I would have stuck with AD&D rules. Plenty of people still use AD&D and it works for them.

So rather than convert all that missing stuff to 4th edition (including all the stuff that was missing from 3rd edition) I think it is [b:18h4bzo3]far[/b:18h4bzo3] easier to stick with 3rd edition.
Last edited by Dostrealt on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dregonindil
Maid
Maid

Post by Dregonindil »

The saddest thing I have seen is that some people feel they have to convert to 4E just because it is new.
3rd and 3.5 were by no means perfect, but I dare anyone to say that 4E is.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

[quote="Dostrealt":2bmtzwbl][quote="Talwyn Aureliano":2bmtzwbl][quote="Vendrin":2bmtzwbl]In 4E, Eilistraee is dead and gone. I say simply abandon 4E and play in a world that continues in 3.5 from a point of your choosing, building your own cannon from there.[/quote:2bmtzwbl]

I endorse the above sentiment![/quote:2bmtzwbl]

Here! Here! If we have gone down from 120 gods to 30 gods, I would need to create stats for the 90 missing gods before I was happy to use 4th edition D&D [b:2bmtzwbl]rules[/b:2bmtzwbl].

But I don't think I'll ever accept the Forgotten Realms: Next Generation timejump. I'll stick with the 3rd edition background.

However, all version of the D&D rules work perfectly well. If people like any earlier version of D&D there is no reason for them to feel forced to give up their rules. I only switched from AD&D to 3rd edition because I liked the d20 System changes. If I didn't like them I would have stuck with AD&D rules. Plenty of people still use AD&D and it works for them.

So rather than convert all that missing stuff to 4th edition (including all the stuff that was missing from 3rd edition) I think it is [b:2bmtzwbl]far[/b:2bmtzwbl] easier to stick with 3rd edition.[/quote:2bmtzwbl]

From the sound of it, it's much faster to convert the new stuff you actually [i:2bmtzwbl]like[/i:2bmtzwbl] they put in 4th Ed and rewrite it to fit 3.5 as a house rule thing. Mostly because there isn't that much people like about 4th Ed, the only thing that's being praised is that it makes the job easier on the DM. Still, if the players want a 3.5Ed game...

Seriously, they unleashed Deific Armageddon on the FR setting, then expect the people supposed to buy the books to be happy about it.
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Dregonindil
Maid
Maid

Post by Dregonindil »

I have noticed an odd trend around my home.
People here who absolutely hated 4e now for some reason love it.
I have a friend that hates change so much he still plays the original shadowrun rpg, and even he likes 4e.

Is there something in the water?
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

No, it's just WotC manipulating their minds by sending high freequency radiation from their 4ed preview sites to the unsuspecting players. No need for hundreds of books if you make your fans zombies...
Dostrealt
Maid
Maid

Post by Dostrealt »

[quote="Argoth":2fey2kzf]No, it's just WotC manipulating their minds by sending high freequency radiation from their 4ed preview sites to the unsuspecting players. No need for hundreds of books if you make your fans zombies...[/quote:2fey2kzf]

I've just found these special [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqKFadyJxwg:2fey2kzf]Grognard Sunglasses[/url:2fey2kzf] that allow people to see that 3rd edition is better than 4th edition. Mind you, some people are so into 4th edition that it is hard to make them see the alternatives.
Last edited by Dostrealt on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

LOL, wonderful link, thanks XD.

I'm half tempted to go see that movie now. Though there appears to be an [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsZpdUUdd3I:1fwx91qp]uncut version of that vid[/url:1fwx91qp] around.
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

In light of the "They Live" feel of things,

here is my take on my darkest evil thoughts on what I'd do if I visted WotC.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_K8prL ... d:11fi6q8x]I've come to chew bubblegum and kick ass![/size:11fi6q8x] :devil:[/url:11fi6q8x]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

OMG LOL
Autumn
Maid
Maid

Post by Autumn »

basically 4th edition was made to -encourage- less detail orientation and more focus on teh actual combat in d&D which is what is teh most fun of the game *end quote from WoTC*
ashuraa
Maid
Maid

Post by ashuraa »

[quote:31bn883b]basically 4th edition was made to -encourage- less detail orientation and more focus on teh actual combat in d&D which is what is teh most fun of the game *end quote from WoTC* [/quote:31bn883b]

Ummm, I think not. The most fun of the game was the development of my various toons, and seeing them evolve and grow, and their interactions with other party members and NPCs. IF they think combat was the most fun, why then did I constantly fall asleep during combats?

((P.S. edited to fix spellings))[/size:31bn883b]
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

That is very true. Combat was always the least interesting part when I was DM. That's why it appeared rarest. And when I played, combat was... well I had a way of dealing with my enemies better then warriors... still being a drow bard. (I think lvl 8 or something...)