Lt. Ven Alil

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Xaraphim
Maid
Maid

Lt. Ven Alil

Post by Xaraphim »

Here's some information on my character, Ven Alil.

[b:2wianocj]Name:[/b:2wianocj] Ven Alil

[b:2wianocj]House:[/b:2wianocj] Chamdath

[b:2wianocj]Clan:[/b:2wianocj] Alil

[b:2wianocj]Rank:[/b:2wianocj] Lieutenant

[b:2wianocj]City/Province of Birth:[/b:2wianocj] Stralvath, Bhandaur

[b:2wianocj]Serial No. :[/b:2wianocj]40627-A0CV-97162

[b:2wianocj]Physical profile:[/b:2wianocj] Ven stands at five and a half feet tall. His frame is lean and muscular, though more compact than bulky. He keeps his hair shaved close in a simple burr cut.

His body is unadorned by any jewelry or tattoos. On his left hand along the index finger and also an the back of his neck are small scars, but other than that his skin is unblemished.

[b:2wianocj]Psychological profile:[/b:2wianocj] Lt. Alil is possessed of a powerful will, keen intellect and a strong grasp of battlefield tactics that make him an excellent commander. He is highly disciplined, taking pains to maintain his physical condition as well as his mental faculties. In appearance he is neat, clean, hygienic. In demeanor he is calm, courteous and polite.

His deepest flaw is probably his severe case of singulariophobia, which is a fear of being compressed into a singularity--specifically via either black hole or planar anomaly. This intense phobia does not hinder him overmuch in everyday life, but it's possible that his mind might create a danger where none exists out of paranoia.

[b:2wianocj]History:[/b:2wianocj] Ven Alil was born in the year AS8067 in the city of Stralvath, Bhandaur to the parents of Mhaeve, his mother and Damerce Alil, his father. He was the third child, having an older brother Xalin and an older sister Fhaerve. Presently he has one younger sibling, a brother named Vulost.

As per standard protocol as soon as he was weaned he was delivered to the instructional facility within his city. After a genetic screening and corrections test he was given a series of aptitude tests based off of his genetic information. He did not qualify for administrative duties and he was assigned to the regular military.

His secondary skills were determined to be tailoring and fabrication, and his tertiary skills were in linguistics.

He was taught the history and culture of both his people and that of many other nations of Tethmir. He learned math, science, geology and a host of other academic studies in his early years. By the time he was ten years old he not only had the modern equivalent of a high school diploma, but he also knew the ranks, insignia and general structure of the military that he would soon be serving in.

From age eleven and on his education shifted. He was still instructed in academics, but the focus of his education now shifted to more physical pursuits. He was put through a sort of pre-basic training where he was conditioned both mentally, physically and emotionally for the rigors of military life.

At age fifteen his actual combat training began. Over the next six years he was instructed in the full spectrum of modern warfare. He was taught the basics of how to operate an artillery platform, drone control and maintenance, urban, suburban and guerrilla combat techniques...if there was a way that the dal'Sertoh knew to kill another living being, he was made at least passingly familiar with it.

From 21 to 25 he was trained in what is called "practical application." Using virtual reality along with neurological manipulation he was placed into a virtual world in which he could use his combat skills in as realistic an environment as possible. He lived through several famous dal military campaigns, but mainly he played out various custom scenarios that his instructors crafted for him and his unit.

As an added bonus, the brains perception of time could be easily altered within this virtual world. A four hour session could be made to feel like weeks. Due to this, he had centuries of combat experience packed into four short years.

From age 25 to 30 he underwent "social education," which basically meant that he was returned to his father's home* and allowed to basically do as he pleased. This served two purposes: one, it allowed him to learn how to interact with the larger community as a whole, and two: it allowed him to aid in propagating his species.

From about the age of 25 to about the age of 30 a dal'Seroth is unusually fertile. Whereas normally a dal'Seroth will produce a child once in 30,000 matings, during their fertile period this doubles to about 1/15,000.

OOC) I'll update this more at a later time; my fingers are beginning to cramp. :P
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

So are they like drow, or is it a different race?
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Xaraphim
Maid
Maid

Post by Xaraphim »

They're basically the drow of Tethmir. The elves and dwarves of that of that world are called the dal, which means "child of."

Dal'Seroth are the children of Seroth. They're black-skinned elves with white hair and typically red eyes. They are statistically identical to the drow of most worlds except for several key differences, first among which is their immortality. No dal suffers any ill effects from aging. Once they reach adulthood their bodies cease to break down.

All dal are also highly resistant to diseases of any sort, and can even shake off terminal illnesses with enough time. This is not to say that they are immune to diseases, just that their bodies have the potential to fight off any conceivable disease, magical or otherwise.

This infinite lifespan and heightened immune system is all due to the nature of their existence. Each race of dal was created directly by a deity when the gods visited the world roughly 10,000 years ago. Many races were created, first among them were the known as the dal'Andun, or dwarves on most other worlds.

Second came the dal'Narias, the sylvan folk of the sea. After that came the dal'Calandil, the elves that lived in the deepest parts of the forests.

Lastly were the dal'Seroth. Seroth made his children after carefully observing his brotherss work and gauging each creations strength and weakness. After much consideration he made his own progeny after himself: thoughtful, patient, pragmatic and adaptive.

In a nutshell the dal are like the drow except as follows:

They're almost always lawful neutral in alignment. The Serothan genetic code simply has little variation in this regard. All dal'Seroth are born with this psychological predisposition. Anomalies are not unheard of, but exceedingly rare.

They have a +4 bonus against any disease, and if they make 3 successful saves against the disease in a row they overcome it--even magical diseases such as mummy rot. A dal'Serothan immune system can even overcome cancer or worse conditions, though the Serothan will likely seek medical attention in such an event. Ability damage must be restored via normal means, but the dal'Seroth will no longer need to make saves. This replaces their +2 bonus to Will saves versus magic.

Dal'Seroth grew up on the surface of Tethmir. They do not posess darkvision, but nor do they suffer any ill effects from daylight.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Interesting twist. You might like my drow, then. Most have spent enough time on the open sea that they don't have the daylight weakness either, and their darkvision suffers as a result, having a shorter range. Plus they give up some of their spell resistance, but instead of the dancing lights, they kept the 2nd ed ability to levitate. They lean heavily toward piracy, as their island homes are isolated and dangerous, so most of their raiding and such is done on ships and coastal towns.
They still live undergroound, in sea caves with easy access to the ocean and to the deeper tunnels as well. However, since they took up a more maritime lifestyle, they are somewhat more male dominated. Not to say the Matrons don't exist, they just don't have as much power. You took a cool turn with yours, too!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Xaraphim
Maid
Maid

Post by Xaraphim »

Thanks. :)

I've always liked mixing magic and technology, and I've always liked nonstandard fantasy. I figured that I may as well bring one of my other major passions--i.e. drow--into the mix.