A quick-check guide to successful character creation.

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Dungeons & Dragons

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="KairuTsuiseki":3dyrwknf]wait is 5 really a rule or your pulling my leg?[/quote:3dyrwknf]

Well it is a stated rule, however what was PG-13 to years ago clearly is not what it means now. From a longer time ago i used what you saw on USA Network is PG-13, these days a lot more is seen and as far as I know USA Network still defined as PG-13. *shrugs*

Overt X clearly should be kept private, as for the rest it is harder to define. Policy on what exceeds limits has rarely been hit. Ideally any thing you do not want a 13 year old read should not be posted.
KairuTsuiseki
Maid
Maid

Post by KairuTsuiseki »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":1qyo7gk2][quote="KairuTsuiseki":1qyo7gk2]wait is 5 really a rule or your pulling my leg?[/quote:1qyo7gk2]

Well it is a stated rule, however what was PG-13 to years ago clearly is not what it means now. From a longer time ago i used what you saw on USA Network is PG-13, these days a lot more is seen and as far as I know USA Network still defined as PG-13. *shrugs*

Overt X clearly should be kept private, as for the rest it is harder to define. Policy on what exceeds limits has rarely been hit. Ideally any thing you do not want a 13 year old read should not be posted.[/quote:1qyo7gk2]

I see and i know what is now PG-13 which i mean to say it's not so nice as i put it (Btw you want to RP with me? I'm a little bored and want to try RP.)
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

[quote:12ggd36v]to RP... I'm a little bored and want to try RP.)[/quote:12ggd36v]

hey, if your not new, then sorry. but welcome to CoE. if your interested in RPing, then you might wanna search the Role play thread, see if their is any that interest you.
also you can always make your own.
being that its summer and with school out or just generally busy, the board's a bit slow in responses. but sooner or later it should pick up again- goes thru cycles.

again Hi and come join in!
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Extensive Character Sheet

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

<a different more compact format to be added in the near future>
Last edited by Rhei Lor'akris on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elghinn Orbb
Maid
Maid

Re: A quick-check guide to successful character creation.

Post by Elghinn Orbb »

Its been a while since I have been here. Must say that I find this rather interesting and informative. I do have a question for Talwyn tho. What does OC stand for? I was reading and saw this and it could be the lack of sleep and just getting home, but I got stumped. I will say that 20 years is a mighty long time. I am starting to not be alone in length of having a character.

Anyways, hope to be reading more of the posts and maybe get bold again and do some stories or such.

Elghinn
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Elghinn Orbb":2xoqlik7]Its been a while since I have been here. Must say that I find this rather interesting and informative. I do have a question for Talwyn tho. What does OC stand for? I was reading and saw this and it could be the lack of sleep and just getting home, but I got stumped. I will say that 20 years is a mighty long time. I am starting to not be alone in length of having a character.

Anyways, hope to be reading more of the posts and maybe get bold again and do some stories or such.

Elghinn[/quote:2xoqlik7]

OC or OOC means Out of Character or Out Of Character (Comments, that the character is not doing or saying, some comments could be Nice image, to describing spell effects, hit points things that the character does not know or would say. )
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Good luck on speaking with Talwyn. As far as I know, no one on CoE has heard from him in a couple years now. If anyone IS in touch with him, I'd like to send him a hug, and a reminder that I'm not done arguing with his gnome.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
AntoshkaJax
Maid
Maid

A quick check guide to successful character creation

Post by AntoshkaJax »

So if I have this right, I dont need to train any more ranks to open this path. I need to keep visiting it, follow someone through it, or perhaps shake a magic stick at it?