'Facade' RP

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Pheurazath
Regular

'Facade' RP

Post by Pheurazath »

So here it is, the OOC spot for Founding a Facade RP thread.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

Yay :)

I've been waiting to paste in my ooc post :)

[color=darkblue:2n9iievz]I agree that pausing is a good idea.

Arya has taken a few days off plus Pheuzarath is right about the dice checks.

The other thing that needs to be looked at are NPC's. Minor ones in RP threads which players use as part of the action are Ok but when they form part of the plot or are able to influence/affect other PC's in the RP, then some arrangement needs to be made.

In face to face PnP or playing online with NWN, there is always a DM taking charge of the monsters & NPC's which leaves the players free to play. I can see things getting messy if this isn't dealt with to everyones satisfaction. I think none of us want that.
If anything, Pheurazath should be the DM here as she created this thread. I'm happy to go with that idea.

Thanks for the dice link Pheurazath, it's neat

I hope we can start again soon because I will be bailing out later next week for the vacation weekend and Tal is off too [you don't do the 4th in australia do you tal?]
[/color:2n9iievz]
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Calling a halt is a welocme move.

Since this is not my RP thread, and I don't know much about Lith My'athar, I'd rather just be a player here. I'd rather react to things put in Talwyn's path.

I'll check out that dice link as I might use it in my campaign.

I've been talking with Veraka about NPC's and we came to the conclusion that since Zarae, who is sadly way at the moment, is most familiar with House Helvighym and since she's come up with some very nice maps, she should perhaps take charge of that faction and the characters/NPC's within it?

Of course we will have to wait till she gets back from CampKiddie Chainsaw Massacre [don't all american summer camps turn into cliche horror films? :p just kidding :devil: ] and of course Pheurazath will should agree that Zarae should be allowed to join in.

As T'riss has noted, I and herself will be gone for about a week, in about 4 days time? i think?
So I'm fine with hitting the pause button right now and waiting till we get back.
And no, we don't do the 4th of july down here T'riss :) although there is a horse race on in darwin on that day which I might go along to and lay a few bets on the nags ;) betting on the horses here is a national passtime. especially come Melbourne Cup day when 1 race stops the entire nation [well most of it except the people who actually have real jobs to do ;) ]
but I digress...

Either way, T'riss and Tal would have left the RP for a while so lets sort these things out and get back to the intrigue :))
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Does anyone one else have any further to add at this point?

My only question is how long will this hiatus last?

Just curious.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[quote:2tai1h2e]My only question is how long will this hiatus last?[/quote:2tai1h2e]

Like you said, if we're waiting on Zarae for House Helvighym, it might take a while. She said she might not have proper internet connection, and that she could try after summer.

But we are at the house right now, so does this mean that we wait for that, or make up a reason and leave the house to re-enter when Zarae gets back? I don't know if she's at camp for the whole summer, so it might be worthwhile to wait ... but if she is, then we're going to pause this RP for two months or so ...

I don't know, though.

[quote:2tai1h2e]In face to face PnP or playing online with NWN, there is always a DM taking charge of the monsters & NPC's which leaves the players free to play. I can see things getting messy if this isn't dealt with to everyones satisfaction. I think none of us want that.
If anything, Pheurazath should be the DM here as she created this thread. I'm happy to go with that idea. [/quote:2tai1h2e]

I also agree with T'riss here on both points. I think it's better if we all have some idea, however vague, of what we're going to face and do in this RP so that we don't have seven different stories clashing as we get deeper.

Now the only other thing is that if Zarae takes charge of House Helvighym/NPCs which makes sense, because she seems to know a lot about the city, then again the question of what to do now is brought up.

Anyway, there's my two cents. Hopefully some of it made sense and hopefully we can sort this out soon. =D

Also, I know we covered this already, but wouldn't it make more sense if we are already speaking in 'drow' even though it's written out as common? This way, when we meet our NPCs, who will be mostly drow, we are already speaking in 'drow' without the need to translate into actual drow. And maybe if someone wants to speak in common, they could specify that they are doing so. Even just a quick 'he said in common'. But still have the drow written out in English/common ... unless it's two or three words. I find drow is a nice fallback for swearing to keep the thread 'clean' per se. :devil:

My reasoning behind this is that it is still a drow city, and some drow have never left it or at least the underdark, and some might not know common ... also, if a drow meets another drow in the underdark, like , say, T'riss and Maryne or Kalkyril and Zhay, it makes sense that they speak in their native tongue unless they don't know it.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Thank you Arya. I agree about just typing it out in "common" unless it's just a couple of words or so, (like the swearing you mentioned) to keep things simple. I would think most drow would speak their own language in their own city, unless specifically dealing with an outsider who does not know it, so just noting when we are using another language makes more sense than trying to converse directly in drow all the time.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

The hiatus is temporarily off, for now. At least, while we're in the process of moving inside, then we may have to stop again until Zarae can join us.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

ok i have a couple days break (till fri) and i have gotten a few messages to play a couple characters. so i supose i will attempt. but i dont know much of whats going on. so if theres something major the NPC's should notice or see, could yall maybe write it. and if i miss something or such let me know also.

have much of the city been decided? i mean geographicaly, or things like the ruling houses?
when i made up my stuff i had a list of stuff but i will stick with what yall have established.

i did wanna join early on, i just knew with camp and stuff i wouldnt be able to. plus i dont wanna steal or take away from Pheurazath RP with what i have created for the city (the maps and stuff). so if i do so, let me know so i can fix it.

i figure zarae might join after the summer for a visit to her homecity.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Well everyone, I'm gonna be hiking off for 5 days here to visit the grandparents. So I'll be gone as will Veraka, Aurora, and Zhay, unfortunately.

So Pheurazath, not sure how you're gonna handle that one, but hey a pause would be nice, if not, well, I've got a little something cooked up.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

PM me that little something cooked up, dear.

Otherwise, a Pause it might as well be. However, I see Tal and T'riss have found a way to keep the ball rolling on their end. Hopefully we can get you and Zar back, at about the same time.
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Veraka is cooking eh? :p

What's for supper hmm? ;)

Yeah, we can keep things ticking along for a while. Hopefully Arya will find a way to come back in as well, or maybe T'riss will have to go looking for her? ;)

And yeah, Zarae is a welcome addition with all her knowledge and backgroun on the city :)
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

I'm a little curious about that too. not to mention what that little bout of flux was all about! *Starts whistling "Rock-a-by Baby" innocently....*
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Alright, I think it's safe to post now. ;)

*Whistles with Aylstra* :P I know! Poor sick T'riss. Maybe we should get her something for that stomach of hers.

And enjoy yourself, Veraka. :)
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

:roll: :p

"We wan't prenup Baby Mama!"

Arya & Aylstra

This is the the tune which Talwyn will be singing:

[youtube:1806yd67]6vwNcNOTVzY[/youtube:1806yd67]

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Here is your prenup darling :p

[youtube:1mx5hjt3]2pwT2wiZsg0[/youtube:1mx5hjt3]
clicky2cme