A Clone Encounter Comment

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Re: A Clone Encounter Comment

Post by veraka »

In part; mostly it is trying to figure out what my next step is; really, putting the 'DM' hat back on and getting those imagination gears whirling again.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Well, "Children" just waiting for certain people to post, as I've updated them as far as possible without any input from players.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

will get something up either later tonight or tomarrow. it was late last night to write when I still had to figure out what i wanted to put.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

So I'm guessing this thread never really died, it just goes a lot slower now? For some reason I never got any notifications that more posts had been added haha. However, if it is still going I will post something soon as well.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The thread has never truly died, yes; I've just been busy with school, work, life in general; oh and collecting my new Templar armor. It's an expensive and time-consuming endeavor.

To be truthful, I'm just waiting on Drakashin and you, Arya, to post.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

It's finally up! I'm so sorry for taking so long. School's been really busy for the past few weeks. :(
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Soooo... I've been lately grinding away at Mass Effect games, and thinking back to this thread, and wanting to join in. I got to thinking, even if only for this thread, would there be any objections to the appearance of a character of a humanoid but alien race? It gives me a way into the thread without waiting for it to come out of space, and fit the environment more readily. May have to relearn how to fight, without the help of firearms, or perhaps have some rudimentary skill as part of sought out special combat training, for a possible however seemingly unlikely situation.

Mass Effect, is a RPG style game (programmed by Bioware), with mechanics that play a lot like D&D, so I don't imagine much difficulty in translation. The hardest part (that I see), is not blowing the minds of the inhabitants of a world that knows little to nothing about space travel.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Alright, so here's the only real problem I see with a new character entering this RP. WHEN and HOW would he/she enter?
My reason for asking is because the [i:6y6jbn3e]Nighthammer[/i:6y6jbn3e] and her crew, clones included, arrived in the Toril system via a hyperspace "Inter-dimensional warp tunnel" or "Darkhole", which catapulted the entire ship through dimensions and into the one of Forgotten Realms. Since the ship and her crew are from a dimension, the Milky Way, which has already discovered alien life and has communicated with it, I see no problem bringing in a character that his a humanoid/alien type. However, I will ask that you PM me with a Character sheet of this PC, as well as details as to how this char will set foot into Toril, and the method of their transport into the dimension.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

All points well taken, I'll need a bit to work out the details for a character sheet of details. However, the means of transport wouldn't be that hard to explain. In the Mass Effect universe, the Milky Way is a mix of well explored, and poorly explored but hastily colonized. All advanced civilizations engaged in interstellar space travel, including humans, do so with the aid of technological marvels of previous space-faring civilizations long since dead and gone. Much of the current space-faring technlogy relies on the operation of technologies that no one understands how they work, but rather know only that they do. These routes through space and time, many of them are charted, and more than half a galaxy worth is not. For that matter, there is even one of them that connects to Dark Space. With so many uncharted routes, and misunderstood technologies, all sorts of things can happen while charting new routes, or experimenting with new applications of current technology.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Well, if I might offer a suggestion, since we're talking about an alternate dimension/universe (and we all nkow that FR is connected to many other planes and worlds) why not intro him/her via a "Stargate"? Since we're already bringing in elements from several other universes, I think that would fit in well. It might have even been just such a Stargate that first brought the Mulhurond humans to Toril! (Which also explains their use of the Egyptian pantheon, since it was originally the Ga'ould who were bringing humans to other worlds as slaves and what-not.)

Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

That's pretty much what I was hinting at. The alternate reality of Mass Effect, has a lot of advanced civilizations relying on the left-behind technologies of previous advanced space-faring civilizations. Since much of this left-behind technology is not entirely understood, and also since some of it isn't in the best working order, as when it was created, the scientists of the in-game present day are always actively searching for, recovering, studying, and sometimes experimenting with every new piece of left-behind tech they find.

As one example, there was a period when explorers charting new routes through space, made a FTL jump into a system that was under the control of a highly advanced insect-like race, controlled by a powerful telepathic hive-mind. These Rachni, as they were called, were extremely territorial, and a war ensued. A war that the Rachni almost won. After this war, procedures were established, forbidding use of any of the FTL relays, until their destinations are known, so as to prevent another such incident. Still, experimentation with a technology not fully understood, can sometimes lead to unforeseen accidents. Like say an alien, ending up in a random alternate dimension without knowing exactly how it happened, or how to go back.

He can of course hope, in an alternate reality, his own race still exists on the same homeworld, if in the event he finds any means to get there. The species I have in mind, the Turians, are not well known for their ability to improvise. Theirs is a very rigid society. I suspect Toril's metallic dragons might take a shining to one of them though. Turians, in their evolution developed metallic scales that shielded their bodies from the intense UV radiation their home planet was subject to.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Well, that does sound like something that might have been on one of the Stargate-portal worlds. Of course, Veraka has the final say, since it's his campaign, but that sounds fine to me. Anyone else think it will work?

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aylstra brings up a good point with the Stargate, and it's link with the Egyptian pantheon. Relatively speaking, the Stargate, at least in the series, is merely an object that harnesses the naturally occurring phenomenon that brought the [i:18mrjc44]NIghthammer [/i:18mrjc44] into the FR universe. I'll agree with you, Ogrim, that bringing your, said, turian-esq character into the RP wouldn't be that hard to explain. My only other main concern would be weaponry and armor that this char of yours possesses, or are you throwing him/her into the mix with little or no tech on him/her? My main reason is that I would like all of the tech to be around the realism of that which is being utilized in the RP. I.E, how in the Mass Effect universe, most weaponry fires bullets the size of a grain of sand. Things like that. Other than that point, I look forward to getting a profile from ya soon.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

You want this done up like a campaign style character sheet? I can if needed, though it may take me awhile longer, since the ME games don't make use of a D20 based system, and are more focused on development of proficiencies with a variety of abilities.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

If possible, yes; please make your char sheet as close to D20 as possible. It just gives me a better idea of what the character will be like, abilities, weaknesses, personality flaws, etc. Basically it helps me as GM to run things along more smoothly. Also, technically speaking, this is a campaign in its own right, just more loosely drawn out.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix