Curiousity Question

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elghinn Orbb
Maid
Maid

Curiousity Question

Post by Elghinn Orbb »

I must say that I am tickled that there is a forum for Drow, I have been playing one for over 25 years and it is nice to see a collection of like minded individuals :) Is there any preference on how one should rp? I ask cause my main alter ego is not one of particular favorites amongst most Drow, Worshippers of Lolth especially. Anyways, I look forward to any response cause I am stuck in a town where the ability to play is non existent, so working on my Books. So some interaction would be wonderful.

Be Blessed
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Well, to be honest, Elghinn, Roleplaying here on Chosen comes down to two things: 1: what RP or Campaign do you wish to join in, and 2: who your character is.

Truth be told, everyone around Chosen is pretty laid back about one another's play style.
Just three [b:34tq6l0z]very[/b:34tq6l0z] important rules to think about.
1: No one can kill off another's char except that player themselves. Pretty simple and for obvious reason.
2: Never, [b:34tq6l0z]ever[/b:34tq6l0z] declare the success to any action that you perform, especially in combat. In depth detail to this is explained here: [url=viewtopic.php?t=110:34tq6l0z]www.eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=110[/url:34tq6l0z].

If you join in an RP, make sure that you shoot a PM to the DM/maker of that RP, just to let them know that you're coming in.

Hope this helps, and welcome to Chosen.
<Bows gracefully>
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

vendui and welcome.

when i joined, i knew very little, esp about RP's, writting well, and this whole process. and they let me stay. so, your good!
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Well, Zarae, that's just cause we can't get rid of ya, LOL!!! :p
JK. Welcome, Elghinn!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

Salutations and welcome.

Don't worry, I think you'll fit in just fine... even if you aren't looked upon with much favor by the majority of the drow population.

That is what this place is for. ;)
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

theres folks of all types here... fromt he good to the bad, to the looney to the sane, and all in bewteen
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Wait a minute, so what about the half-looney ones? :p
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Elghinn Orbb
Maid
Maid

Post by Elghinn Orbb »

Thank you for the warm welcome :) If I may be so bold to ask, what edition is the primary one. I have not tried the 4th ed yet. My Main Alter ego, known as SpiderReaver is a 2nd Edition character. Granted I do not play with him much anymore cause well, with the campaigns that he has been involved with over the years, he is just too powerful to play (lol) but I have managed to pick up the 4th edition books as well as the FR book for 4th edition. So wanting to start out somewhat fresh.

I would be more than happy to share some of my stories with everyone if interested :)

Elghinn
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

We're not very edition-oriented here. most of the PC's are 2nd or 3.5 ed, but since many of the RP's are free form, without much in the way of die-rolling or "edition rules", it's hardly an issue. Feel free to use whichever edition rules you like!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Elghinn Orbb
Maid
Maid

Post by Elghinn Orbb »

Ahhh, well this is gonna be fun then. *sets up his hammock and gets comfy* Now to get started. Not sure with whom yet tho. I mean to give a quick synopsis of "SpiderReaver" I have been playing him since the end of 1985. He is a 3515 Drow Vampire. By 2nd Edition set up, he is a Multi-Class Drow, Fighter/Invoker and is a bladesinger. I would say for the most part, he has retired as not much is a challenge for him anymore. I have used him in regards for story telling and rping purposes. My latest is Elghinn Orbb and I think before I jump in with anyone here, I am gonna work on his background first and progress from there.

Thank you for all the responses. It is greatly appreciated
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

Instead of a new thread, I'll just use this already existing "Question" thread.

How does Roleplaying here work?
I see a lot of actual d&d stat based character sheets.

Do you actually use book sources and work all those stats into pbp rping?
How would such a thing work in the forum environment? Tactical grids? ( [ - ] [ - ]. ect)

Or are they just stats on the character sheet only to give everyone a general idea of what the character is capable of?

On a side note, Obviously- I'm new. There doesn't seem to be any new user friendly forum spaces... ( Like a Welcome New members, Post here! to introduce yourself and ask questions as to where and what and how to post )
also: tell me if my avatar is already in use if ya will.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

There are character generators that some use, based on mostly 3rd Edition.
These however are presented in part to indicate basic stats and skills.

It is not required that any use those stats, it provides a frame of reference. Also most do base characters on D&D or FR rules.

You are free to play an invisible pink unicorn that flies and has two horns.

You can play an Earther armed with a phaser. There are no rules as to what you can play, however there is a warning. The more strange a character is, the less likely others will will wish to interact with.

Not sure how anyone knows an invisible unicorn is pink *wink*
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

hey and vendui (welcome).

you can also go thru some of the list of character profiles and see what type you want if needing ideas. i have both styles, a general written detailed one and then a stats based one. (can see the link in my signature if want).
i also use sites like the following for information and helps when needed:
http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm
http://www.realmshelps.net/index.shtml
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

if you want a stats based character sheet with all those confusing numbers and stuff, this is a common link used by many folks:
http://www.pathguy.com/fr.htm

as for avatar, i think you can use what ever you want. theres not too many repeats as most tend to use something close to their character (i havent seen it used yet either if that helps).

anyway, hope to see ya around.
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

Ah. the Hypertext. Thats my favorite.
I've read through most d&d sourcebooks, if I haven't read through, chances are I've still glanced at a page or two.

I was just wondering if there was purpose to the Character Sheet like templates. It makes sense that its used kinda like a ruler to give everyone the jist of what the character is capable of even if you don't actually use the stats v stats like in the tabletop game.

Question answered, thanx

but I still don't know where to post around here... or how to go about anything... This also seems like a somewhat slow forum. (going by the index, showing the last posts in threads, they seem to be days apart)
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

if you've read that many books, you ahead of me...:D most of what i know is from RPing with others in here or on those websites (i usually gotta look stuff up)

well, some weeks are busy, other weeks and months are slow. its been a slow few weeks/months. my guessing is classes (i know i have finals next week so i will be slow being here). my hope is after all the classes, we get folks back.

as for where to post, the OOC (out of character) is where most post character sheets and things related to RP's tend to go.

general forum, is basically the miscellaneous stuff. some post a hello as their first character sheet then dig into their character. some use the general forum.