Step out of darkness into light

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="veraka":evg3mh42]ehhehehehe. . . .he? Yeah, about that; 5 centuries IS kinda a long time, by any standards, especially my chars. Forgive me if I say that I might not be able to participate in this one.[/quote:evg3mh42]

Elves, including Drow can live to 900. Also if play starts 500 years ago could be grandfather, great grandfather and so on if short lived race. Not sure short lived race would be involved in community, one could look at it as bask story (history of character). Of course there is the other option of playing more then one character. I have played here at least 10 and more likely 50.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

Im thinking on numbers... i'd guess as I said 20-100 or so, many willbe shop keepers, merchants, even laborers, just saying it could givethings a more organic feel, in my opinion.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

500 years ago. Hmm, that lets all of my current characters out, as they are all fairly young (for elves) and only one drow/Eilistraeean among them, and non of them native to Faerun. BUT!! I have been toying with intro-ing some new characters, perhaps I might use a totally new one. I'm partial to bard types, bladesingers, and elves/drow in general, so I may build a bard/priestess. I might even use my Profile-name PC (transplanted from her home-realm, and slightly altered, of course).
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Oh for why their exiled instead of sacraficed, hmmmn

"Just to show you that your naive, and mad rhetoric, is no threat to us"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Kirintha the Fair":2dddxx47]Oh for why their exiled instead of sacraficed, hmmmn

"Just to show you that your naive, and mad rhetoric, is no threat to us"[/quote:2dddxx47]

But Lolth requires sacrifice every month. Why let even one go?
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

because it says EXPLICITLY they were exiled.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Kirintha the Fair":6mnsqxvg]because it says EXPLICITLY they were exiled.[/quote:6mnsqxvg]

What is it?
That is what source are you basing on?
In someways it does not matter, just trying to know lore you are basing on.

Clearly the few hundred or thousand set up the community and it lasted at least a few years. It likely does not matter why they got there.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":24ens90j]But Lolth requires sacrifice every month.[/quote:24ens90j]
Hmm, are you sure? Not that much up on Lolth-lore; but wasn't that a thing from Flesh for Lolth (i.e. a Greyhawk think that, since the article was awful, has pretty much universally been decided to keep in Greyhawk)? Otherwise I don't recall Lolth needing a sacrifice with that regularity (not that me not recalling is saying much).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Heroes lorebook page 136

"Veladorn and her companions had been cast
from the subterranean drow society for refusing to kneel to
the will of LolthÂ’s priestesses."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Kirintha the Fair":35vvoui4]Heroes lorebook page 136

"Veladorn and her companions had been cast
from the subterranean drow society for refusing to kneel to
the will of Lolth’s priestesses."[/quote:35vvoui4]

OK, I do not have that source.

IAE I would still think start play after leaving drow society.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

ok does " 2 minutes out of the city" sound good

I'd actualy LIKE to play through their journey to the surface, losing friends, and such, exploring their faith, etc.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Kirintha the Fair":34ygw4jj]ok does " 2 minutes out of the city" sound good

I'd actualy LIKE to play through their journey to the surface, losing friends, and such, exploring their faith, etc.[/quote:34ygw4jj]

I only offered my best advice, you clearly can start at any point you desire.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

True enough ive decidedon a few things, enough to decide we will do this game... but hmmnn Any flaws in this format for chars?

Name:

Alignment: (note that Ethical variation (that is the law/chaos axis) can create some intriguing division even amongst good people)

History: do you have anything you especialy regret, before your conversion to Eilistraee? did you murder any innocents, or were you without ambition, and even without hope, before finding Eilistraee's faith.

Goals: Even if you've forsaken Murder as a means of ascension, you likely still have some ambition. Beyond simply a desire for redemption, and religious faith in Eilistraee, what is your highest goal?

to make enroads with the darthir?

To become a great smith, or unparalled swordsman.

To retire, in relative wealth and prosperity?

to build a just, benevelont society, for your children togrowup in?

Anything I missed that should be mentioned?
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

give me a few days (busy with midterms this week and one next week; gotta some research to do to figure out character stuff.) i figured i'd do my O.C's (Inriiaynrae) grandmother. just gotta decide everything
all i know is somehow eventually she mothers a child of Jezz that will be inrii's mother. and this child will be part of minuthkeep and later have Inrii.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

BWAHAHA, I've thought up a TOTALLY unique character for this thing... I'm not sure of why the evil laugh, since the guy is a good as they come... Anyways, here is the link to the general idea

[url=viewtopic.php?t=1943:1zhpw78c]clicky clicky[/url:1zhpw78c]

On a personal side note, this guy is not insane...
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke