Valhalla OOC

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Does this sound like a fun idea?

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 4

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Zakharra":28m5ihmp]Besides, kissing Lolth's ass is a pleasure. ;) It's such a pretty backside.[/quote:28m5ihmp]
Pffft, it's not as if Eilistraee's backside is any [i:28m5ihmp]less[/i:28m5ihmp] pretty. Besides, you don't run the risk of it looking like a spider's backside. :p

[quote="Zakharra":28m5ihmp]I've never thought that human gods had any authority over the nonhuman ones after death. If Kelvamor does have control over every living being after death, then he is under ALL of the Gods eyes, good and evil. I've taken the view that he only gets human and anyone following a human god. He'd have no juristiction over any other race's followers.[/quote:28m5ihmp]
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're referring to, but from my understanding death works something like this:

When you die you go to the fugue plane (which is, I think, the plane where Kelemvor lives). There you have to await a representative of your parton deity to come and collect your soul. If you followed an evil deity then the evil deity will come collect you, if you followed a good one then the good one will, etc.

If you didn't have a parton deity then you have two choices: sign a contract with the devils (i.e. sell them your soul) and become one of them. Or end up in the wall of the faithless. Once in that wall there is a small chance that during one of their raids the demons will rip your soul out and you'll become one of them (well, one of their cannon fodder anyway :p).

Kelemvor doesn't really determine anyone's faith after death, he just follows the rules. He's sort of the policeman of the dead I think; making sure the rules are followed.

And remember, every deity answers to Ao. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

That was what I always thought, and If you made your dark gods mad , they simply didnt show up.
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":2julvl7w][quote="Zakharra":2julvl7w]Besides, kissing Lolth's ass is a pleasure. ;) It's such a pretty backside.[/quote:2julvl7w]
Pffft, it's not as if Eilistraee's backside is any [i:2julvl7w]less[/i:2julvl7w] pretty. Besides, you don't run the risk of it looking like a spider's backside. :p

[quote="Zakharra":2julvl7w]I've never thought that human gods had any authority over the nonhuman ones after death. If Kelvamor does have control over every living being after death, then he is under ALL of the Gods eyes, good and evil. I've taken the view that he only gets human and anyone following a human god. He'd have no juristiction over any other race's followers.[/quote:2julvl7w]
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're referring to, but from my understanding death works something like this:

When you die you go to the fugue plane (which is, I think, the plane where Kelemvor lives). There you have to await a representative of your parton deity to come and collect your soul. If you followed an evil deity then the evil deity will come collect you, if you followed a good one then the good one will, etc.

If you didn't have a parton deity then you have two choices: sign a contract with the devils (i.e. sell them your soul) and become one of them. Or end up in the wall of the faithless. Once in that wall there is a small chance that during one of their raids the demons will rip your soul out and you'll become one of them (well, one of their cannon fodder anyway :p).

Kelemvor doesn't really determine anyone's faith after death, he just follows the rules. He's sort of the policeman of the dead I think; making sure the rules are followed.

And remember, every deity answers to Ao. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:2julvl7w]

Then why are the FR gods even human? humans have only been civilized for only a few millenium. The only people that could have been the FR gods would have been nonhumans. Like Mystra. Really, none of the FR gods should look human or they should be interlopers. Recent ones.

She's never seen Eilistraee's sbackside. And currently, she'd want to stick a sword or her mace in it. She has been taught to despise Eilistraee after all.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

As far as play goes in this thread as soon as you call for your deity you leave this location. It is end of play for that character. You of course can bring in another dead character if you desire at any time.

If your character is hesitant about going to Lolth and Deamon Webs she can stay at this location forever (or as long as the thread lasts) *wink*

As for human deities existing in the realms, perhaps they came from other planes when humans started to grow in power.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Zakharra":353qunnh]Then why are the FR gods even human?[/quote:353qunnh]
I think there might be a few possible explanations for that.

One, maybe it’s because the players are humans and can thus far more easily identify with human deities.

Two, maybe there are so many human deities because humans tend to be far more diverse than the other races? Don’t really like this explanation though.

Three, maybe the deities are human because humans are the only (civilized and numerous) beings native to the Realms. The elves at least are [i:353qunnh]not[/i:353qunnh] originally from Faerûn; they came from another plane of existence.

Four, maybe the deities are human because humans are currently the dominant species.

Five, maybe the deities aren’t really human at all (they’re deities after all), but they’re general deities. While the other races have their own pantheon to look after their specific interests next to the general deities (which are open to just about all of them) human don’t actually have their own pantheon (possibly, as you said, because they are too ‘young’ a species).

There’s probably a few more explanations… but this is defiantly going off-topic. ;)

[quote="Zakharra":353qunnh]She's never seen Eilistraee's sbackside.[/quote:353qunnh]
Ah, then there’s hope for your character yet. :D

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee