Lance Dragonmar

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Lance
Maid
Maid

Lance Dragonmar

Post by Lance »

Lance is not the typical Eilistraeen worshiper, simply because he is divided between two dieties: Bahamut the platinum dragon by his blood and Eilistraee the dark maiden by heart. This is his story.
[b:lnngqz81]Name:[/b:lnngqz81] Lance Dragonmar
[b:lnngqz81]Race: [/b:lnngqz81] Dragonborn
[b:lnngqz81]Class: [/b:lnngqz81] Paladin/Divine Champion/Vassal of Bahamut
[b:lnngqz81]Alignment:[/b:lnngqz81] Lawful Good
[b:lnngqz81]Age:[/b:lnngqz81] 24 years
[b:lnngqz81]Hair color:[/b:lnngqz81] Silver
[b:lnngqz81]Height:[/b:lnngqz81] Aprox. 6' 2"
[b:lnngqz81]Biography:[/b:lnngqz81]Lance was born in Amn, in a small keep belonging to his father. Lance and his sister grew up without a mother, their father only telling them that she was gone but that they perhaps would see her some day.
Lance early underwent the training to become a Paladin and was fully initiated when he was 18. A drow raid changed everythinf, trough. The keep was assaulted and his sister, Axzandra, was kidnapped. Lance was determined to save her and eventually traveled into the depths of the underdark. During his travels he learned that he and his sister were not fully human. They were both Dragonborn, humans with a draconic mother and some amount of draconic powers.
After befriending a small community of deep gnomes and forging an alliance with a mercenary band of drow spellswords Lance infiltrated the drow city of Ust'natha and met followers of Eilistraee. The teachings of the godess somehow affected him deeply and he realized, for the first time in his life, that nothing is born evil, everything can be redeemed. With his new allies Lance managed to save Axzandra from a demon summoning ritual and escape to the surface. But escaped a changed man.
His draconic powers had started to awaken and soon enough he felt the pull of Bahamut, the platinum dragon, and the mysterious Dragon Council which somehow guards what they call "the legacy of the ninefold dragon". The council occasionally speak to individual dragonborns and Lance has gotten a few hints of a strange draconic prophesy which will unfold in the near future. Lance's heart belongs to Eilistraee but his blood belongs to Bahamut. He serves both gods equally but in no way is he a typical follower of Eilistraee, being human.

[b:lnngqz81]Equipment:[/b:lnngqz81] Lance has several extraordinary pieces of equipment which he has gathered on his journeys:
[i:lnngqz81]The dragonsong blade:[/i:lnngqz81] This blade was forged on the request of the gold dragon Thepherizar as a gift to her lover, an human bard. It is said that the song of their loves still echoes within the blade. The blade passed trough many hands and eventually found its way to Shelzandrae, the mother of Lance and Axzandra. When Lance discovered his draconci hertitage Shelzandrae gifted him with this blade.
The blade is beautiful, decorated with pictures of dragons. It hilt is sculptered to resemble a gold dragon in flight, studded with gems. The blade function as a +3 keen holy bastard sword but also releases sonci energy when it hits the energy. The sword constantly hums a song, a song which becomes louder when the sword is used in battle.
[i:lnngqz81]Shroud of the Dark Maiden:[/i:lnngqz81] A gift from a high priestess of Eilistraee when Lance saved several of the dark maiden's followers from being sacrificed to Lolth. This cloak is black and has the symbol of Eilistraee (the sword symbol, not the nude dark elf one) embroidered with silver thread on its back. The cloak comes with a hood and pulling up the hood conceals its wearer, making him/her look like a drow elf. The cloak grants a +4 bonus on charisma and dexterity and gives its wearer the ability to see in the dark as if she had darkvision. The cloak also increases the speed of it wearer by 10 feet and allow its wearer to fly with a speed of 80 ft. per round. This last ability is taxing, trough, and the cloak must "rest" for as long as this ability was used last time before it can be used again. In moonlight this ability can be used without restrictions and the cloak also recharges twice as fast if it is resting in moonlight.
[i:lnngqz81]Platinum Armor:[/i:lnngqz81] This armor is a gift from Bahamut and was forged from the scales of a red dragon. These scales were, upon the armor's completion, transformed into platinum scales. The armor is light as scale mail but as strong as a full plate. It has a +3 enchantment bonus, makes its wearer immune to sleep and paralysis and gives resistance 10 against acid, cold, fire and electricity.
[i:lnngqz81]Dragon's eye ring:[/i:lnngqz81] Spoils of a quest given by the Dragon council Lance found this ring in the hoard of a black dragon. The ring's only ornament is a large ruby which looks like the eye of a dragon. The ring empowers Lance's draconic abilities, increasing their effective caster level and save DC with 2.

[b:lnngqz81]Special abilities:[/b:lnngqz81] Lance have several special abilities from his classes and race. I am listing them here for reference.
[i:lnngqz81]Aura of Good:[/i:lnngqz81] Lance register unusally good on detect good spells.
[i:lnngqz81]Aura of Courage:[/i:lnngqz81] Lance is immune to fear and also inspire others, strenghtening their morale.
[i:lnngqz81]Divine Health:[/i:lnngqz81] Lance is immune to all diseases, supernatural or otherwise.
[i:lnngqz81]Divine Grace:[/i:lnngqz81] Lance's saving throws are considerably higher than normal, making it possible to survive otherwise lethal magic effects.
[i:lnngqz81]Turn undead:[/i:lnngqz81] Lance can turn undead trough his ability to do so is fairly weak.
[i:lnngqz81]Cure disease:[/i:lnngqz81] once per tenday Lance can cure disease, reserving it for life-threating situations.
[i:lnngqz81]Lay on hands:[/i:lnngqz81] by laying his hand on an ally lance can cure some hit points, since he is limited in its use he usually doesn't use it unless it is totally necessary.
[i:lnngqz81]Smite evil:[/i:lnngqz81] Lance can channel his good power in one devastating blow, severly wounding an evil creature.
[i:lnngqz81]Sacred defense +2:[/i:lnngqz81] Lance's saving throw is considerably boosted against divine spells and the spell-like abilities of outsiders.
[i:lnngqz81]Divine Fury:[/i:lnngqz81] Once per day Lance can channel his powers into a devastating fury, absorbing potentially lethal blows.
[i:lnngqz81]Imperious aura:[/i:lnngqz81] As a vassal of Bahamut Lance receives some amount of respect from dragonkind. Good dragons are generally well-disposed while evil ones cower before his presence.
[i:lnngqz81]Dragon senses:[/i:lnngqz81] Lance sees twice as well as a human in normal light and four times as well in darkness.
Lance also has access to the draconic rage, draconic flight, gaze of the dragon, draconic blow and draconic endurance special abilities described in the "New race:dragonborn" topic.

[b:lnngqz81]Allies:[/b:lnngqz81] During his travels Lance has befriended several persons, and gotten quite a few enemies. The allies are listed here:
[i:lnngqz81]Rajiek Highshadow:[/i:lnngqz81] Rajiek is Lance' oldest friend, despite the fact that he is a thief. Rajiek is a member of the Shadow Thieves but got a special permit to drive his own guild, the Nightblades, in cities where the Shadow Thieves do not yet exist. Lance and Rajiek have aided each other during the years and are good friends despite their different outlooks. Rajiek's immense network of contacts has been helpful several times and at the time being Rajiek is experimenting with establishing himself in the Underdark.
[i:lnngqz81]Axzandra Dragonmar:[/i:lnngqz81] Lance's twin sister. Axzandra is a beautiful woman whose draconic hertitage manifested itself in a talent for sorcery. She is a powerful sorcerer, difficult in a land where magic is outlawed, and a kind soul and tries to help her brother out when she is able. Axzandra usually spends her time around the Dragonmar lands but occasionally make trips of her own to seek out arcane secrets, especially those of draconic nature.
[i:lnngqz81]Timrael Lighthand:[/i:lnngqz81] An aasimar and a powerful cleric, Timrael met Lance when the latter explored and abandoned drow outpost in the Underdark. Timrael had, apparently, been kept in a statis spell and sealed away for nearly two hundred years and was freed by Lance. The aasimar swore an oath to repay his debt to the paladin even trough Lance insisted that there was none. Timrael is porbably one of Helm's most powerful clerics and a righteous soul, probably some of the reasons behind his imprisonment.
Last edited by Lance on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*yells from the audiance*

Ta' Hell with Bahamut, pick Eilistraee!!! WOOO!!!!

Nice story, BTW :angel:
:3
Shando
Regular

Post by Shando »

Booo! Go for the hot one! ~Tosses popcorn at Lance~

The story is not bad, but it would been a more enjoyable read if the space bar was used abit more.
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Updated a bit with equipment, special abilities and allies.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Yup...

The same Lance I remember.