A visiting merchant.... thread OOC info and questions

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Sancha
Maid
Maid

A visiting merchant.... thread OOC info and questions

Post by Sancha »

Greetings! Thank you for the opportunity to do a little roleplaying with you here.

Love your free form guide. One of the better ones I've seen over the years. With links to good in-depth guides too.

This thread is for OOC info or questions regarding my thread on the Free Form Roleplaying forum, "A visiting merchant..."

I'll use it for my character bio, any ooc info, and for answering any questions people might have that can't be asked in character in the other thread. Or for comments about the roleplaying thread, etc.

Post that all here. :)

I'll start with Sancha's description. What other ooc info do people post about characters, aside from brief bios or physical descriptions? Do you get into stats, classes, levels, alignments etc?
I'll just start with the basics.

[u:1nwf9qr0]Given Name:[/u:1nwf9qr0] Sancha
[u:1nwf9qr0]Real Name:[/u:1nwf9qr0] Sancha Vrinn (she wasn't lying about who she is)
[u:1nwf9qr0]Family:[/u:1nwf9qr0] House Vrinn of Eryndlyn (only known if you'd recognize the sigils of noble houses from there or Skullport, which is on her cloak)
[u:1nwf9qr0]Race:[/u:1nwf9qr0] Drow
[u:1nwf9qr0]Sex: [/u:1nwf9qr0]Female
[u:1nwf9qr0]Age:[/u:1nwf9qr0] 140ish?
[u:1nwf9qr0]Occupation:[/u:1nwf9qr0] Merchant supposedly, though she is not dressed like a travelling merchant and has no caravan, wagon or assistants with her.
[u:1nwf9qr0]Origin:[/u:1nwf9qr0] the drow city of Eryndlyn, which is beneath the High Moor of the Western Heartlands, not far from Skullport
[u:1nwf9qr0]Hair:[/u:1nwf9qr0] Thick, long, silvery-white, partly braided
[u:1nwf9qr0]Eyes:[/u:1nwf9qr0] Emerald, though they change when she's angry
[u:1nwf9qr0]Height:[/u:1nwf9qr0] Just shy of six feet tall

[u:1nwf9qr0]Noticable Physical Characteristics:[/u:1nwf9qr0]
Slightly about average strength and constitution (she looks to be in good shape, with the muscles, grace and fitness of a well-trained drow swordswoman-- that much would be obvious to most clerics or knights of the Dark Maiden);
Quite charismatic and pleasant, both in manner and appearance, well dressed, even when undressed;
Has many blue and green tattoos on her chest, back, shoulders and thighs, of vines and dragons and drow runes.

[b:1nwf9qr0][u:1nwf9qr0]Sancha's NWN Description:[/u:1nwf9qr0][/b:1nwf9qr0]
[quote:1nwf9qr0]
Sancha is a young drow woman who appears to be around 140 years of age, but she dresses more like a wild elf, with feathers and other trinkets found in the woods woven into her long silvery-white hair. She carries a bow and a pair of slim swords, and a mysterious smirk. She has intensely emerald eyes, and her ebon skin is heavily tattooed with swirling patterns and dragons of vibrant forest green and shimmering blue. Some of them are enchanted, glowing in the right lighting conditions and during certain phases of the moon.

She is polite and courteous when she speaks to people, clearly having been schooled in courtly manners. But like many elves, she can get pretty rowdy while participating in merriment, like she has a 'wild side' that she sometimes lets out.

Sancha is tall and fairly well muscled. She has long, lithe legs built for running, and some muscle on her arms from so much time spent training at swordplay with the House Vrinn Weaponmaster. She is in excellent physical condition. She usually runs everywhere. Though when in the city she walks, with a carefully refined grace, some of it natural, but other movements she makes were clearly taught, as they are quick and calculated. Maybe she knows how to use those swords crossed over her back afterall.
[/quote:1nwf9qr0]

Will edit to update later as needed.

Please feel free to post any questions or out of character info checks, or in-character replies in my thread on the Free Form Roleplaying forum. Thank you! :)

-Sancha
:devil:
Sancha
Maid
Maid

Post by Sancha »

OOC info regarding the initial post:

Yes, her hair does seem more silver than is average with drow, and yes her tatoos definitely seemed to react to the moonlight, some of them glowling brighter as the moon rises. No, I'm not saying your goddess was favouring her with personal attention or blessings right there. (Though if your character chooses to interpret it that way is entirely up to you.)

If someone with the goddesses ear, or high divination skills and a suspicious streak wanted to look futher into it, just let me know here or in a PM I guess? I don't know that it's important, but thought I should bring in up to avoid misconceptions.

She was not lying about her name or what she came there for, but someone with high wisdom might realise she was leaving something out. She seemed careful about what she did say, as if expecting to be under scrutiny by lie-detecting clerical magic.
Last edited by Sancha on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Hi nice to see you entering the Role play section. It is a nice intro post as well.

However a few details you might need to understand.

Shir'le rarely finds time to be IC (In Character) so it is not likely she will be able to play with you. Besides we have that server project ongoing that we want.

Bhaern is male, as can be verified by checking my profile, until the character does a Changedance *wink* Further Bhaern the character has his own realm that he spends most of his time at. This does not prevent Bhaern from visiting, but the how and whys I would need to work out. In general I have designed various temples with NPCs to help a RP go forward. Some clearly better then others.

All in all an open call you have made, just some of the details (people involved) might need to be adjusted. I am willing to help with this and clearly can bring out a few Dark Ladies to expand the RP.
Sancha
Maid
Maid

Post by Sancha »

Understandable. I'm pretty busy myself and was mostly here for OOC discussions, and info on that nwn server, just thought I'd start an RP thread up to go with my visit in case I feel inspired to write. It's this site, it encourages that. ;)

I was just trying to fit the semi-ic greetings made in the other ooc thread into the post. I can try to edit it to fix the minor details. Let me think on it and uh... read your profile? I'm bad with the symbols, sorry!
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Re: A visiting merchant.... thread OOC info and questions

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[quote="Sancha":kcqdd9k3]
[u:kcqdd9k3]Occupation:[/u:kcqdd9k3] Merchant supposedly, though she is not dressed like a travelling merchant and has no caravan, wagon or assistants with her.[/quote:kcqdd9k3]

[color=darkred:kcqdd9k3]Bags of Holding!!! Woo, Hoo! :D [/color:kcqdd9k3]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Sancha
Maid
Maid

Post by Sancha »

Aye, they are useful for some things... just the small stuff.

:D

But good luck fitting a keg of booze or barrel of fish inside one of those...
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

OOC less, FFRP more...
:3
Shando
Regular

Post by Shando »

[quote="Rooky":3f1cz7zq]OOC less, FFRP more...[/quote:3f1cz7zq]

When me and Rooky agree on something, you damn well know it's truth.

Snap snap!

If you want more info on my description(I don't think I described myself too well XP) just ask and a good edit will follow!
Sancha
Maid
Maid

Post by Sancha »

[quote="CrankyOzzie":2hlckeb1]OOC: If anyone objects to me playing such a high level character, I'll just umm, scratch this posting. FYI, Rade is level 36.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
[/quote:2hlckeb1]

No objection from me. Sancha's pretty high level too (but not THAT high :) ), as I expect any high priestess would be. Actual Chosen, would definitely be Epic.
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Sorry for my lack of activity in the thread. Go read my ramblings to find out why :P

Oh, and as for a description of Rade, check this one out. [url=viewtopic.php?t=559:1jf0i0xf]A description[/url:1jf0i0xf]
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/
Sancha
Maid
Maid

Post by Sancha »

Likewise. Apologies, I've been without net access since March 23rd.

I moved across the country, and it took those bastards at the moving company an entire month to get our things delivered, instead of the 2 weeks it normally takes.

It's supposedly getting here tommorrow (using the mother-in-law's computer today ;) ). Supposedly. So hopefully in a couple days I'll have my computer set back up and be able to continue the roleplay.

Sorry about that!
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Come on, put your friggin' back into it!
:3
Sancha
Maid
Maid

Post by Sancha »

That's what I paid the movers for, dear. So I wouldn't HAVE to. ;)