OOC ~ Just Prowling...

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

No problem. Shit happens, and when it does you have to deal with it. Not that college and friends are shit, but you get the idea.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
BaravarImrathiln
Maid
Maid

Post by BaravarImrathiln »

Okay, so, I've been doing some plotting and scheming, but I wanted to run these ideas past the rest of you, to see what you think. It'll help keep the thread going if there is a larger plot arc, I think. So, here goes:

Within the City of Spiders, there is a Cell, almost a full House, of Rebel Drow loyal to Eilistraee, or at the very least, good-aligned. They've been there for centuries, too busy hiding to make much of a difference, but helping one or two rogues get out of the City. But with the recent resurgence of the Faith of Eilistraee, they are attempting to gather allies from the surface to get the whole House out of the City of Spiders, and perhaps kill a few Matron Mothers while they're at it.

Vasriina is aware of them, courtesy of a holy vision, or some other handy plot device that I leave to Vasriina's discretion. But the plot device lacked detail sufficient to hunt them down and kill them. Somehow, perhaps through Jarlaxle the mercenary, Iymlin found out the details of where they are. But, because of her loathing for Vasriina, Iymlin won't act on the information until such time as she's confident that Vasriina won't be able to claim the credit, and Xion is out of town.

Drathir was intended to be a contact between the Rebels and the group from the Temple of Eilistraee on the surface. Her capture was a clever ruse to get into the City of Spiders, but worked out badly and almost failed to make contact with Malek. Malek is one the leaders of the rebel cell, along with several priestesses loyal to Eilistraee. The Priestesses are needed to keep Lolth blind to what's going on. And to keep up appearances for the other Drow of the city.

So, Drathir basically failed in her mission, but she is aware of details that neither Vasriina nor Iymlin know. Baravar just happened to luck into this during a routine visit to the city, but he, too, is aware, through long experience, that there is a rebel element within the City of Spiders. He was going to find one of the leaders, test them, and take them to the Temple to speak with the Priestesses there. But he's got Iymlin instead, so he's going to attempt to make lemonade from this lemon. Drathir, on the surface and wounded now, isn't sure how to proceed with the rest of the plan, as her mission to make contact essentially failed when Malek failed to get to the tunnel. Opportunities abound for Iymlin too, if she is clever and avoids Baravar.

She will have access to the Temple of Eilistraee, and some of the information that she was lacking. If she avoids Baravar, and the sun-blindness doesn't bother her too much, she might be able to work out some further details. Her big issue will be returning. Unless she decides to convert. In the meantime, Vasriina won't know what's going on with Iymlin, after the teleportation. Malek, if he escapes this confrontation, likely thanks to the interference of the Possessor Entity floating around, as a moment of distraction will be all it will take for Malek to escape. His success in the past will almost ensure that he disappears into the city without any trace. Those two things will create significant problems for Vasriina, and will, understandably, cause Xion to doubt her position within the ranks of Lolth's clerics, creating a rift between those two. Drathir won't trust Baravar, not only because he brought a still-faithful Lolthar Priestess to the Temple, but also because he isn't Eilistraeen himself. That will divide the Good-Aligned segment for a while, and give Iymlin her chance at manipulation. It probably won't work on Baravar, but the other Priestesses won't be as much on their guard since they'll be trying to convert her.

And that's essentially where we'll be at in a week or so, depending on postal volume. Where it'll go from there will be largely up to us as players.
I do not love the bright Sword for its sharpness,
nor the Arrow for its swiftness,
nor the Warrior for his glory.
I love only that which they defend."
~ JRR Tolkien
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Very good plot idea. However, I have one slight problem, that being Malek as the leader of the rebel faction. Not only is it improbable, but it then throws all of his past action out of character...

However, as crazy as it sounds, this could work. I say wait for the rest of the group. I'll go for it or against it as the majority decides.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
BaravarImrathiln
Maid
Maid

Post by BaravarImrathiln »

Well...That is a rather more significant problem than I had anticipated. Perhaps he's not a leader, but a member?

At any rate, we'll wait to see what the others think of the thing.
I do not love the bright Sword for its sharpness,
nor the Arrow for its swiftness,
nor the Warrior for his glory.
I love only that which they defend."
~ JRR Tolkien
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

I actually like it. It gives me something else to work with as well. I guess I could propose my plans as well. Or I could keep them secret and make you wait hehe. Nah in spirit of makeing a good story here we go. Im bored and have alittle time to type. :)

So you Know first off L'Venorik is my mastermind and Character i would technically actually be playing. When i have more time i will get to the task of putting up a detailed breif of all of my characters played. *ugh* But for a quick breif to let you all know first off since most of my actions will be treated as nere npc actions Save for L'Venorik. Hes an assassin buy first look and Psion by second. He Claims to work for Jarlaxle but has in no actual interation with the Mercenary save for mutually benificial contacts. He has no known affiliations with any religion or guild or any other faction within the city of spiders except as the ghost that walks in the dark. Its Rumored His masters are of Infernal Nature. He has grand scheems to rise and take the Drow's rightfull place upon the surface.

Balthazar is or shall i say was A goodly Elven Sorcerer Who was tempted into a bargain for his soul. The sorcerer gone Diabolist and Cultist Swore Fealty to The Lord of Secrets Asmodeus. Upon contract retreval. Asmodeus himself came and offered a second deal. That instead of His soul being striped of its essence. He would Start among the ranks of Devils and become a soul harvester. Agreeing and eternaly damning his soul. The once goodly Elven sorcerer rose through the burocracy of Hell Acheiving the Coveted Rank of Pitfeind. Before his Eventual Exodous into the Ethreal plane. By a Crafty group of Adventurers. Its been 1000 years since and he has now atlast found an exit. Thanks to L'Venorik. Being exiled upon the Ethreal plane for so long He has adapted to its very being so much that it has become a crutch and made him a parasite. Haveing no copreal form except by those he possesses. Balthazars exicsts souly to tempt and corrupt to collect and successfully harvest a mortals soul. But since being so long with out Infernal contact Those connections are lost he is now a freelance artist. Let loose amongst some of the most Evil of all races, the drow. *Dun dun dunnnn.

Frost is a minor character that will pop in and pop out he is a fae prince captured by L'Venorik and forced into servitude. He is constantly trying to escape. But the collar saps his energy anytime he gets to close to the surface. Hes a Master of Frost magic In all its forms.

Naiala Streaa' is the daughter of L'Venorik. Though they are two totaly diffrent peoples. After the loss of her Mother Her father went to what she would call insane. So she left when she felt she could. Training with her father at first in the use of the art of stealth in combat. As well as proficiant and nere masterfull use of the dagger or knife. She ended up meeting and falling in love with a surface dwelling drow, a mage by the name of Alak Demonius. A frost mage to be exact. Their eventual seperation due to their own true callings in their long elven lives. Naiala answering the call of the dark maiden. Useing her unique skills of the hunt and estranged unique frost magic to the darkness.

Now A character you havent met yet the one to whome i promised would bring you war. Grom The Crimson Blade. War cheif of the Largest Orcish Horde. Hailing in the wake of Obould ManyArrows. This Half Orc Half Red Dragon Arose through the ranks of Warriors fighting amidst the crumbeling Orc union. Through martial proweress and carefull propaganda. Grom Reunited the orc clans in one great cerimonial anointment of the single most Coheesive unit of Orcs to be known. Mergin all clans and forming one clan The clan of the Crimson Scar. After Ordering a Massive population serge by forceing ore more likely letting free Orcish hedonisim in a month long ceramony in name of himself and Call to the worship of himself by all his people. *All Orcish were to mate with as many mates as possible. The festival is held now on every Blood moon. It is his intention to invade the lower tunnels and bring back the wrath of the orcs to those who would spin webs of deceit from the begennings of King Obould. Revenge upon the drow and to an orcs thinking Army odds of 5-1 gives him full confidence. Currently tho hes searching or a particular Artifact.

In light of the plot given by baravar i figure ill just flow with the game and keep going about it as I am. Tho Expect to see alot more Ork. The Drow mass to take over the surface while the Orc mass bent on revenge against the drow.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

Post by Vasriina Frerahel »

[color=olive:tot9aasq]I am just slightly confused. I have been trying to get in contact with Xion, but perhaps one of you can help me. Did Xion divert the attack from the astral spirit? Thanks a bunch! :) [/color:tot9aasq]
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

I don't know. His posts can be hard to follow at times.

Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

After re-reading, it would appear that his eye has an anti-magic field around it in a 50 ft radius. So my guess is that any magical attack against you was defeated.

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

well i have been waiting for Vasrina to react before i make my turn. When it gets to the time. No Xion could not have stoped it with his anti magic as his being Ethreal isnt magical But Psionic. I have my reaction prepaired for him to deflect the attack or what not when he does return to the material for the actuall strike maby a split second before the blade hits its mark. I infact expected him to make some move to actually deflect the attack. but i dont think he made any realy move to deflect the attack just to attempt to take me out of my Ethreal state. Ill have to re read it to check the facts.

But more impoortantly im just waiting my turn after Vasriina. To also make another note. WHen Balthazar possesses Vasriina. The effect of the "daze" Lasts the equivalent of a 3rd of a round. a round takes 3.2 seconds to 4.6 seconds. So shes stunned for only about one second. If Malek can get away from all thats going on in less then a second. Dood that is one bad ass fella.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

I hope nobody thinks I am power posting, but I have been playing him as the best fighter in Menzoberranzan. At least, he could kick anyone's ass, except perhaps Xion, in single combat. So I think a second should be enough for at least a head start.

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

nah didnt think youd be power gamein. Its just that even for a spell to go off you need atleast the full round to Cast it or activate it. It honestly matters little to me. Maleks characters arnt directly interacting with mine. So weather he escapes Vasriina or not is of no consequince to me. :)

One other thing the thing about the Orc invasion is subject to change. I was in the mindset of a table game im running as well so. The Invasion thing is probably not happening. Tho I may put Grom in there some where. Probably to mess with Malek. Maby poke him in the forehead a few times or two. hahahah :)
Drathir murrpau
Regular

Post by Drathir murrpau »

[color=indigo:13etqafv]Quick reminder - last I heard from Xion his computer had died & he was having to use his mother's... and she wasn't having any of that - not very often anyway. So if you cannot contact him, that is probably why (lest he has used some other form of communication with you, in which case *shrug* I have no clue why you can't contact him.)[/color:13etqafv]
Drathir murrpau
Regular

Post by Drathir murrpau »

[color=indigo:1x81i614]Baravar - I've thought a great deal about your proposed storyline.

I only have a couple of problems: first off, Drathir was catpured in a surface raid. She wasn't down there on purpose.

Secondly, Drathir isn't injured. She was, but healed herself & is fine now.

Any idears on that?[/color:1x81i614]
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

Post by Vasriina Frerahel »

[color=olive:26tn2sww]IMPORTANT NEWS!!

Okay, I just posted, and I really do apologize for my very much late post. My job and school work has been getting in the way. Along with some IRL situations. BUT anways, I am going to be withdrawing myself from the RP for just a little while.

It isn't fair that you guys have to wait for me to post and what not, and i did take awhile to do so.

So what I did in my post is Share a couple more words with Malek, and he can back towards me before his escape. Yes, I will allow Malek to escape me. LOL. Anyways. I have allowed Bathalazar to possess me, and seeing Elrohir have many characters it seems my absence won't be much of a bother.

I think, Xion has gone too so, I am assuming we both will be gone, but if he returns hopefully this will help straighten some things out. Since my character will not be moving for a bit, Xion won't either unless that assassin keeps attacking my character and his then of course he will continue.

So, as i was saying before. Malek can escape Vasriina and Xion, and she is possessed. Don't worry I will not be gone long. It's just this essay I am working on is taking all of my creativity at the moment, and i have a Humanities project, yada-yada-yada. Anyways, I am a little busy lets just say. lol.

So, when I come back, Vasriina will still be possessed, and I'll make my entrance and catch up from there. For example ill just appear from searching for everyone, like Malek or Iymlin, or something. Don't worry I will let you know when I plan to enter and see if I can fit back in.

If I can't its really no big deal, I don't want to prevent your guy's fun.

So yea, any Qs dont be afraid to ask moi, kay?

Oh, and its not like I am abandonning you guys. I will be back here and there to chat. And I will probably be fully back next week sometime or a week 1/2.

Thanks guys. Dont be mad. Love ya bunches! :p :D

Oh, and Iymlin will still be here! Grrr. Lucky. :) [/color:26tn2sww]

Oh and I am very much down with Baravar's ideas!!! :D
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Sorry to see you go. Good luck.