OOC ~ Just Prowling...

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

I guess what I'm getting at is, that you show up on this thread, and expect people to go with your idea, when they don't you pushed it, at least form what I've seen.

You come in, and insult all of us by forcing your idea of "Psyonics" based off a small column in D&D about "How Psyonics are Different", when most of the books, would relay them the same. But you argue the fact of what you in fact don't know, nor have valuable tact to claim your understandings. And then, you insult my knowledge, by practically spitting in the fact I stated, and stating it wrong. Instead of logically confronting it with a legible counter-theory, you instead persist that your character CAN do what you state, but decides not to, that is also an insult to fact.
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Thats not a tantrum i just dont see any viable way to get around it. I admit that my way isnt whats accepted here. Its hard for a dm to go back to being just a player. I honestly dont see a way around it ok. there isnt anything i have that can prove you wrong so i accept it and move on. the only way i can see to fix things is to remove those two characters. i understand that im not getting to use psionics my way which is fine. but since i dont like the standard way of useing psionics ill figure something else out to do.

As you told me earlier in msn to try to see it in another persons perspective. I did and i see that yeah acording to the standard rule set im wrong. But in no way was my previous post a tantrum. it was however the only way i could easily fix the problem in my point of view. Look at the post from my point of view. I dont have anything else that will fit in the game. My way of psionics isnt going to be accepted. And i dont want to have to change my way of useing psionics. So instead of dicking around with argueing my point ill just accept that my way of useing psionics isnt going to happen. and since that is true and the fact that i dont have anything else to fit in the game as it stands right now. I am only doing the simpelist thing i can possibly do right now. And thats take my leave of the game for now. Step back and re adjust. In my point of view its the best course of action for me right now. And as for eveyones point of view i see it as you throwing a fit because some one was able to pass by xion with out him affecting his attack. But none of that matters. I do see your point and in useing the standard rule set in dnd you are right. And i totaly accept that. I just dont see any other corse of action for my character right now. He was already leaving in the first place with or with out all this extra ooc stuff.

Call me a baby an emo or what ever you want i dont care. thats the way you see it. Not the way I see it. In my pov psionics arnt affected by magic in any way. But seeing as how you are useing the standard rule set and apparently those that are pming you about it have problems too. so to stop any problems for yall and my self i will take my leave for the time being. I dont see my self comeing back simply because i dont think i have anything else thats going to fit in here.

I honestly dont know what else i could be doing. I accept that im wront according to the rules set by dnd and that im not going to get to use the varriant rules set by dnd. Yeah i wanted to use psionics my way. And since before hand he use wasent specified i used it in the way that i know best.

If you would like to dispute it more contact me via msn once more.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

As I stated, you're more than welcome into the thread, I have no right to force you out, nor would I take ooc into IC. Instead of trying to figure ways why you can't be apart of it, just accept it, as you stated, and carry on as before. I do enjoy your ideas and your way about things in a more dramatical sense to fill in the gaps of the world that most don't focus on, so why step back? This is simply a bump in the road that you had to accept, and you did, so we move on.

Other than that, I'd like you to stay and continue, even if it involves you straining to find reasons why, and how. Oh, and still, technically you didn't find a way to bypass anything. *Smiles*
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Ok then ill give you the reasons as to why i beleive that my character CAN do as i stated he could.

L'Venorik when i played him on paper and pencil. My dm used the variant rule set for psionics not the standard set and when he was created and through his life thats the way psionics are to him. I personaly know both sets of rules. And didnt say that yours were wront or "spit" in your facts. I admit full well and knowinly that that that rule set is in generaly the first and most widly used and accepted way of useing psionics. And when this particular character was created And the world he was in at the time was closely nit to the ethreal world. So entering and leaving that plane comes to him as easy as counting to three. So in the sence of the way my character was brought up in the rule set that psionics are diffrent He CAN do as stated in the post.

But however in light of the situation that im not in the underdark that my dm used at the time. And that being in this site and not at the table with my dm . I stated a while ago that i admit that i was wrong in the sence of the standard rule set, and see that thats going to be the rule set used. In light of that I dont want to change the way my character uses psionics so instead ill remove him from play. Being that changeing the way he uses psionics will change nearly the entire list of psionic powers i selected in table play and change my feat choices and even items list. If i were to use the standard set i would have built my character diffrently. And since i dont want to go through and make that kind of change to my character ill just remove him from play. I didnt know that it was going to cause this much trouble with you xion. (I refer to him since he is technically the only one L'Venorik is psionicly interacting with.)

Xion if it came out as if i sounded like i was insulting your intelligence i assure you that was not my intention. I tried my best to explain my side, obviously it didnt work so in turn i accept that my argument is defeated and that the varriant rules arnt going to be accepted. So i am doing the only thing i can think of to save everyone any more debate or problems in game play so it can move on. Im removeing Balthazar because i have been enlightened that it wasent something that was particularly wanted and that it can be considered autoing some one elses character. This i knew and is why i asked first. but in my asking i was apparently to pushy (that i didnt know i was doing) So ill remove that aspect as well as it will probably end up to complicated to deal with in the game.

to note further if any of you other then xion had a problem with the way i was playing you should tell me and not go to some one else to confront me about it. im not going to bite your head off or go off on you im a pretty reasonable guy tho to some it may not seem like i am. but get past whats outside and actually talk to me youll see that im pretty reasonable. I am trying to explain my point but apparently am failing miserable in my own attempt. I dont see a point in contenueing any further after this about the psionic debate. So im saveing us all the head ache and leaving for the time being untill i can figgure something else out with a diffrent string of characters.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

I did confront you about it. And also, don't you think that by us interacting with you, then you suddenly not existing, would be a hamper to our roleplay? If you leave that would cause problems, because we as roleplayers have taken out time to respond to you, who suddenly doesn't exist. But, I can't force you to stay either.
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

damn the posting aspect lol something gets written while im writing lol oh well. i beleive i have stated my point in the clearest way i possibly can. Xion if you wish to discuss the matter further and that through debate we can learn from such debates and share knowlage. ill be up till about elleven. I think you just posted again damn it im just one step behind on this
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

I know you confronted me about it. i was refering to the others. And im not going to just dissapear. Ima go modify it and remove my self tactfully i am possessed of some intelligence. Atleast im not an aggie.
Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

[quote="Elrohir":165bz4yo]I know you confronted me about it. i was refering to the others. And im not going to just dissapear. Ima go modify it and remove my self tactfully i am possessed of some intelligence. [b:165bz4yo]Atleast im not an aggie[/b:165bz4yo].[/quote:165bz4yo]

Thank god! *Shivers at the thought of Aggies* Oh how they make my sword hand twitch...
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

besides im not totaly leaving anyways im not just playing L'Venorik and Blathazar Ive got Frost and Naiala as well. And after further thought ive got a warrior for you Xion One i think will fit in just fine. HEHEHEHEHE
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

But inlight of what happend before im going to 'ASK' before i 'DO'. So Xion is ok if i play a half dragon too. heheh *Yes im being a smart ass its just my kind of humor hahaha*

Grom The Red Shadow, King of the Crimson Claw Tribe. He's a half red dragon half Orc His draconic heratage is blatently known. You probably wouldent know he was an orc if it wernt for The underbite and the company he keeps. That being that hes the ruler of a tribe of Orc numbering in 6 legions. This is an offshoot my dm and the rest of us came up to play. Its pretty much the same idea of king obould. but they were inturn based in two diffrent world. Since the comeing of WoW and the WoW table play style Grom and his tribe come from a diffrent plane. Azeroth being the plane to where Warcraft came from. Through planar travel (A misshap by my dm to the plane of shadow He and his companions. Adrianna Half elf Assassin, and Zinkarvo the Violent A Hell fire wyrm. They quested to take the Onyx tower from Mordoc Selamnier The vampire ruler of the tower and The Shadow plane. Great battles ensued allies were gained allies were lost. Grom eventually took a grevious wound to the chest and partialy his heart. We adopted the 'Dragon heart' method to imortality instead of Vampirism. Zinkarvo gave half his heart to grom to make him whole once more. And since then The three have ruled the shadow plane for many a century. Untill recently A strange calling has brought him to Faerun. He went to Obould Many arrows. And in campaign on the table we went on a conquest with him and eventually through campaign carved out that orcish empire that is Oboulds dream. And for his service to the King was granted position as High warlord. But that wasent good enough for Grom. And a Challange was ensued. And the right of the Horde goes to the strongest. And since grom is now the king we can all guess who was the strongest.

His reasoning for being in the underdark is to gather all his orcish brethren under the Crimson Claw And bring them to the surface to dwell in his empire. Any orc who didnt join him he kills as the low intelligence and old ways of the orc are a thing of the past. The orc is strong in numbers and those that dont understand that he has no use for. Hes had pretty fair relations with the drow as all drow recognise power when they see it.

I will however post up a character Bio before adding this particular character in play. That is if Lord Xion allows me to play him. hahahah j/k *Being a smart ass again*
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

alright its modified now. However i still want to talk to Vasriina first before i take Balthazar out of the picture. The game can contenue as is. The anti magic worked (tho i still beleive in my own psionics because thats the way the character knows it.

However lest not forget about the 50 odd pebbles that are doing their their thing. And as im seeing it now they are landing during the pass through of Xion And all in the area effect. Save those few that are under the gaze of the magic eye. But everywhere else is being bombarded with flashing lights and sound. And since light and sound after they have been released become a natural part of the world. Not just the party hears it. And it has drawn some unwanted eyes to the group.

(Since im off today Recovering from the Flu im going to try and find the Varriant rule set im talking about so you can atleast see what im talking about.)

Vasriina i would like to discuss the possession thing with you on a further note when you have the time.

Drathir. Have you figgured anything out yet catch me on msn today maby we can figgure something out.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

Post by Drathir murrpau »

[color=indigo:25no6fth]Okay this is to clarify just so nobody else assumes that I "forced" Malek through the portal.

If you read my post on Just Prowling, you will note that Drathir cannot see anything other than someone or something came through that has black skin & white hair. It could be a draegloth. It could be another drow. Doesn't have to be Malek, though I left it open in case he wanted to jump on it.

Please note that I try to leave things open for interpretation. Kinda like Cyali in the glade getting killed by something - we don't know what the hell it was - wasn't Elrohir's shadow NECESSARILY, but it IS left open for play by others.

I deliberately leave things open for others opportunities.[/color:25no6fth]
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Sorry it took me so long to get around to this, but...

If anybody has a problem with me posting so soon without waiting for Vasriina and Xion to respond, please let me know.

Oh, this is in reference to my last post, not for a new one.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Hell sorry i havent even been here *wonders if ive been left behind and forgotten about* A friend of mine passed on. It was the first death ive had to deal with where the person was actually close to me. Thats all im going to say on the subject. If I havent been left to far behind id like to contenue playing with ya'll. but if ive been left to far ill take my leave. Atleast, for a while.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

No, you haven't really missed much. Sorry to hear about your friend.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd