The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix couldn't help but grin; "because, I've traveled with 'em before. During my incidental crash landing onto this planet, I met up with the both of them and they lended me and my mothership a hand. Imagine that, the two of them, here, now; my, lady irony sure has a few tricks up her sleeve. Also, you say that this Nyssa lass is going on an adventure of sorts. Do you think she would mind a couple a tanks and a winter wolf tagging along?" Onix did miss the days when he and his squad were blasting things apart. Veraka gave the clone a questioning look.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

She laughs heartily, once again pressing hand to breast. Taking a moment to regain lost breath she offers the male dark elf a devilish grin, mischief dances in her gaze.

"Oh? Is that so? I do enjoy such confidence. I shall have to put you to the test some evening, just to find out if you live up to your boasting of course!"

She angles her head a touch, gaze flitting between Garreth and Lothir.

"Oh but dearest Lothir now you misunderstand me! I was speaking of Garreth for your tongue did not warm to our beauty until he spoke so highly of it."

She gave a sly wink to Nyssa before refocusing her attention on Lothir, leaning forward a bit and angling just so, she painted quite the lovely picture of womanly wile.

"Or is it that you felt between you and Alak you were quite set in the convenience of it all. But now that Garreth has offered to join you worry that perhaps you won't have a bed to be warming?"

Her tone remains light and jovial and indeed her gaze says that she means not a word of it.

"But I suppose you can make it up to us by purchasing another round of wine yes?"
L'veirs ulu l'ssussun dos inbau l'olathur l'veldrin doera
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa laughs at the interaction between her comrades. She leans back in her chair and crosses her legs and bare arms. "Chalithra does have a point Lothir."

"Besides, there is no way either of you could handle both of us at the same time. I'm just saying." Her eyes smile as she waits for the rebuttle that will surely come from the bards lips.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

she shrugged, "i dont know. you would have to ask her."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix nodded to Ariali; "Well then, it seems that we should go over and find out, ehh?"
Looking at Veraka, "Care to join me; two juggernauts are better than one?" the clone asked the aasimar as he got up, downing the last of his drink.
"Sure; it beats sitting around him," he gestured toward Grisnaw.
"That's what I like about you, light-weight; never beating around the bush." To the half-drow twins, "coming you two?"
"Ariali, could you introduce me to Nyssa, please; you seem to have obiously been accepted into their little circle," Onix said, grabbing his helmet and tucking under his arm.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Ah, I see. Well, truth be told, of course I had noticed the beauty that surrounds me at this table- else why would I have picked it?" He grins, the playfulness obvious in his tone. "Never let it be said that I do not know how to pick my dining companions." He says with a wink. "And just so you know, I've one of my own upstairs, but it does seem SO empty on occasion..."

Then he raises one white brow at Nyssa's remark about not being able to handle them both. "Oh, I've no doubt that I could- not so sure about Gareth over there- though the cat might make things a bit crowded." He chuckles, nodding toward her companion. "I'd be more than happy to buy the next round for such lovely fowers- after all, I'd hate to see them wilt."

He notices the others coming over, and quickly glances around to see ifthere are enough seats. "But I'm not buying for those big lugs- they'd likel drain my coffers dry," he amends quickly.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

As Onix walks over, he overhears Lothir grumbling about not buying the next rounds just because both he and Veraka, who was followed by Aurora, were making their way over to the group; "Lothir, when have I ever been able to NOT buy my own drinks, save for my initial landing on this planet?" he asked the bard.

"Come to think of it, I believe that me and the light-weight here can buy the next rounds ourselves"; he turned to Nyssa, "of course, assuming that you don't mind, ma'am?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

Alak lifts his hand with a pointed finger, his other arm drifting to pull aside his robe sleeve. The gesture says [i:t7xp9zno]I'm about to speak,[/i:t7xp9zno] but ends up only highlighting his open mouthed awe at Lothir, Chalithra, and Nyssa's flirting.

He gives up, dropping both hands with a flummoxed grin and taking note of those coming up to join the table, and says, "The next round is on me. I'm the lightweight in most drinking groups, so I happily pay until I'm drunk. It keeps me in good graces even after I pass out early."

Turning to Lothir, "I can't believe you referred to the beauty of such lovely drow descended ladies as radiant as the sun. Honestly, you'd have been killed in my birth city for uttering that remark. I like fire and heat as much as the next fellow, and very likely more, but sunlight? You can keep it."

His grin becomes an open smile.

"I would rather say..." he turns to both Nyssa and Chalithra, as he takes the seat that Chalithra had earlier offered between the two of them - while carefully avoiding the large cat, "...that the two I see before me are as the glittering stones of the Gemspark Mines, surpassing them further by having the benefit of wit, charm, grace, and the blessings of both being touched and being capable of touching back. No mere gem, no matter the lustrous glitter, nor the inestimable worth can ever match such a combination of the finest qualities given breath of life and flame of passion."

He grins widely, while gesturing for the next round.

"Or that's what I would say. Were I a bard, skald, or sage of stories. What would I know? I'm just a wizard."
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa looks at the large twins to who approach the table. "Mind what? If you sit? Of course not...you will have to pull up another table though."

"I like his better," Nyssa says abruptly, grinning. She adjusts to make room for Alak. "Even though I was born on the surface in the arms of a half-elven druid..., his is better. Is this going to turn into a battle of the tongue?"

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

"Between a Bard and a Wizard, the tongue is a fairer weapon with which to duel than a blade or a spell."

He smirks.

"If I were to demean you or Chalithra to the level of mere prizes, I would call it a fair end to a battle of this magnitude. At this point, I do not devalue you so. I'll call it instead a wager on the amusement of two lovely ladies...or three if noble Lothir would encourage the involvement of Ariali. I would believe that ladies of the caliber of yourselves would value your private confidence more than to submit to the whims of rakes such as we gentle drow over a mere battle of words."

Another open smile. "And besides, I did say descended of drow, didn't I? It was as I meant at least. My apologies if offense was inferred. I do not denigrate on behalf of either blood purity or ancestry. Tieflings, Half-Drow, Genasi, or Tannaruk. The success in eandeavors is all that matters. And my own, comfort, of course."
Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

She laughed once more at the responses given. Her laughter ended quite abruptly when new faces came to the table. Eying them for a moment she shifts in her seat so that she is just a hair closer to the two drow gents she's been chatting with. With a batting of lashes her smile returns full force though her eyes once again turn guarded.

"Do you? Truly? Well now, a warm bed is better than a cold floor any time. Is that an offer of your bed then? I shall have to think on the matter. Ah, but Lothir dearest, I don't care if you buy drinks for everyone, I only concern myself with the ladies cups. We ladies are afterall selfish and only after your coin you know."

A wink is cast to him complete with an airborn kiss.

Alaks chiming in has her attention once more on him. She cannot help the quiet laughter pulling from her chest. Her head tilts a bit watching him as he sits down with them. Leaning towards him she lets her shoulder touch against his in a gentle bump. Her scent is one of sandalwood and tea tree oil.

"And finally the wizard deigns to grace us with his presence! Why we are quite honored I assure you."

Angling her head up she grins brightly her temple resting on the curve of his shoulder as she does so. The touch is brief, righting herself in her chair she opens both arms so that she might place a hand on Alaks shoulder and on Lothirs. A nod of head to the other who'd offered to buy a round.

"Well then. I suppose we've at least three drinks coming to us Nyssa. Aren't we the lucky ladies!"

Startling blue eyes shift back to Alak and she regards him for several long moments.

"Agreed, I would rather not be compared to that blasted fire ball in the sky. It causes me such discomfort! But I hear that on the surface it is quite the compliment to be compared to it. I do still prefer gems and their glittering luster. Besides all of that the very best ensorceled item is a good drow lover. While some ladies might find insult to such games of the tongue I'm actually quite intrigued. I do so love hearing about myself afterall!"

Her eyes are bright with unvoiced laughter betraying her jest.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Arialin follows the new guys to her table as she heads to her seat. everyone had crowded in, but her small frame fit well between (whoever i'm sitting near and between).
she hears the joking of beds and stuff and blushes alittle. "i musta missed some fun...?"
"this is..." she didnt seam to need to do introductions since the alien looking guy knew two.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa, too, offers a warm smile to Lothir and Alak behind lowered lashes. "Of course, Chalithra. We are women. As Alak put it, drow descendent's, so of course we like it best to be compared with shiney, sparkly things that come out of ground. What's that saying, diamonds are a girl's best friend?" She chuckles at the thought not only of shiney but sharp things she is carrying. "Does this mean you are going to find us gems and compare us to them? because that would be fun."

"I didn't mean to imply that there should be a contest. I heard a bard once say, and I agree, sometimes the best compliment you can give is to lay rest the grace in your tongue and speak plainly. Somethings are far to rare to cheapen with the words from a silver tongue." The words roll of her lips with a sweet whisper. "But I must admit that I too am intrigued."

She leans across Alak and speaks softly to Chalithra. Her lavender eyes sparkle with laughter as she lays her bare hand on the table. "How will we decided the winner and what exactly is the prize? Both or one." Her light silver hair falls across her face blocking the table's view of her lips as she speaks.

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Apologies, madams," Onix says to the two Nyssa and the other female, "Master Gunnery Sergeant Theta-180 at your service, ladies and gentle-drow, but most know me as simply 'Onix'. Your turn," he gestured toward Veraka.
"Veraka Orden, storm warrior of Bahamut," the dragon-scale armored warrior said with a bow; "and this is Aurora, winter wolf of the Northern Lands, and my animal companion," he waved a hand to the great white wolf. Aurora gave a slight nod of the head.

Onix continued, turning to Alak, "And as for you being the true light-weight out of all of us, I'd have to disagree; but none the less, you're free to buy your own drinks," the SPARTAN stopped upon hearing the comment about the groups bedroom antics. He chuckled, smirking at the comment; "now that wouldn't be fair; depriving the platinum scaled aasimar of his former girlfriend, now would we."
The shocked expression, not to mention the instant reddening of his cheeks, that came forth from Veraka's face told the clone that again he hit the ball outta the field.
"How did you know that?" the aasimar asked, stunned.
"Educated guess on my part," the clone responded.
The half-elf clone then turned his head toward Nyssa, "oh and thank you for allowing our presence among the folds of your group."
The clone then walked over to an empty table, grabbed and lifted it up, came back and set it down gently right next to Nyssa's table. He then pulled up a few chairs, handed one to Veraka, and seated himself down.
Turning to the group of drow, he then added, "and now, I believe it's your turn to do some intro's," his blood-red eyes shifting between the drow.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

Her gaze shifts to Arialin when she returns to the table. A smile cast to the light skinned elf.

"Oh, indeed. Nyssa and I have been quite entertained as of late. These three gents have been quite eloquent in describing our beauty and our virtues."

When Nyssa leans in, poor Alak will find himself the leaning post for two ladies, she leans in closer to Nyssa so that the two might speak conspiratorially. Her head angles downward and to the side so that she might hear easily all Nyssa has to say. Her own bare hand shifts to lay atop the other females, her fingers coiling slightly as if laying claim. Quiet laughter soon follows.

"The prize. Hmm, that is indeed a fine question."

She shifts ever so slightly so that she might now look up at Alak, and then turns her head, her chin resting on her own shoulder as she looks down her back at Lothir.

"I do like the look of them both. And they both seem to be quite skilled with their tongues. I wonder if they are likewise as skilled with their hands? I do lo......."

Her thought trailed off when Onix spoke, her head turns to now look at him. Despite the fair awkward position she is currently in she raises one white brow and her smile turns wicked.

"Gentle and drow are not words that are often found in the same breath. I most certainly am not."

The introductions made she watches the small group for a moment before slowly pressing herself upright, her hand trails slowly from atop Nyssa's, nails scratching across the table as she does so.

"I am called Chalithra. And if you're buying a round or two I'm pleased to meet you."