The Temple & Grounds Role Playing Area

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Jhaelystra
Maid
Maid

Post by Jhaelystra »

Laughing at Skippy, she rubbed his fur soothingly. " It's alright Skippy." she assured him. " Lets ask the lady nicely.. Maybe she will let you look a bit closer at her pet.. Hmm?" With that said, the priestess stepped forward to greet the woman.

" Well met.." she said, smiling. " I am Jhaelystra and this darling creature is Skippy. We were wondering if you might get a closer look at your dragon?"
raven_christina
Maid
Maid

Post by raven_christina »

Onyx whistled happily, preening a little bit as Raven nodded in thanks to the drow. "A feast sounds most excellent. Onyx and I haven't eaten since we were in town quite a ways back."
Noticing the drow woman who had stepped forward, she chuckled as Onyx preened even more. The little dragon had a thing for ladies. "This is Onyx, milady. And your little friend here startled him a little is all. And I am Raven."
"I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."
--
Raven A. Lightshadow
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

The pup barely sustained himself. He jumped up, trying to get a better view of the little dragon, with an unmistakably stupid expression on his face. Skippy barked several times as he jumped, almost jumping out of his own skin.

This attracted Rooky's attention yet again, as she was on the stairs the led to the kitchen. Handing the buck over to some unwary sod, and asking (read: nearly killing) him to take it up to the kitchen, she leisurely walked over to the two women.

Not bothering to look at either, she picked Skippy up with one hand, raising him within eye level. With an irritated facial expression she continued;

"What did we learn on our last dragon encounter?"

"[color=purple:2xj9tgd7]Thou shalt not poke dragons while they sleep, for thou art crunchy and go well with tomato sauce.[/color:2xj9tgd7]"

"Good boy. And how did we learn that?"

"[color=purple:2xj9tgd7]I poked a dragon while he sleepeted.[/color:2xj9tgd7]"

"It SLEPT Skippy, it SLEPT, not sleepeted. What happened when it woke up?"

"[color=purple:2xj9tgd7]He got mad, and started spewing fire. You grabbed me and ran for the exit.[/color:2xj9tgd7]"

"And what did I find, after we got out?"

"[color=purple:2xj9tgd7]A giant burn mark on your butt, on which no fur grows anymore...[/color:2xj9tgd7]"

"That's right...I have a giant bald spot on my ass, whenever I shapeshift because you wanted to play with a dragon...and how big was the dragon?"

"[color=purple:2xj9tgd7]Three feet tall.[/color:2xj9tgd7]"

"I rest my case..."

Rooky dropped the pup down on the ground, where she previously picked him up, and made her way back to the kitchen, with (yet again) a very badly injured ego.
Never touch a werewolf's ass.
:3
Jhaelystra
Maid
Maid

Post by Jhaelystra »

The priestess smiled at Raven. " It is good to meet you Raven.." she replied, nodding her head and commiting the other woman's name to memory. (How long it would stay there she wasn't sure.) She watched with amusement as Rooky began talking to Skippy. However she tried to keep a straight face the entire time.

" SKippy?" she called to him when Rooky was finished with him.
raven_christina
Maid
Maid

Raven smiled at the woman, a small blush on her cheeks. She had never seen such a beautiful drow woman before. "You can pet him, if you like. He doesn't bite; he's very well trained. Aren't you boy?"
Onyx nodded his head in agreement, and extended a wing tip towards the lady for her to pet.
"I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."
--
Raven A. Lightshadow
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

At the call of his name, he ran back again, with a blatantly stupid yet undeniably cute expression.
Once again, at the sight of the dragon he wanted to jump up and play, but simply thinking of what Rooky might do to him if she finds out, made him stop in his tracks.

Skippy sat down near Jhaelystra's feet tilting his head to one side looked up at the tiny dragon with a curious spark in his eyes.
Jhaelystra
Maid
Maid

Post by Jhaelystra »

" Well thank you Raven and Onyx!" Jhae replied, reaching one hand out gentle to pat the little dragon. His scales were interesting underneath her elegant fingers.
" Isn't he pretty Skippy?" the woman asked the pup. Then she reached down to give the pup a nice scratch under the chin so that he wouldn't feel left out of the pettings. " You're such a good boy to stand there so patiently!"
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

<The drow was simply standing by the two women holding the conversation. He listened with great interest and remained silent for some time, not willing to interrupt. After a pause, he said with a slight note of envy in his voice.>

A yes, having a pet, or a familiar is really something wonderful. And helpful.

<Then a shadow of sadness came through his words.>

Too bad I don't have such a friend any more. Well, I have, but he's rather not willing to speak with me.
raven_christina
Maid
Maid

OOC: Gah! Sorry everyone! I've been really busy! And my email alerts have been really wonky...

Raven chuckled a little at Argoth's comment. "Well, a pet is a good thing, but this little guy eats more than me, so sometimes it isn't."
Onyx let out a huff, and then alighted onto the ground. He walked over to Skippy and sat in front of him, letting him take a look at him.
--
Raven A. Lightshadow
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

Skippy gave out a few puffs and sniffs at the dragon. Te urge to poke was to great...he could no longer take it...this one wasn't sleeping...
He managed a poke or two, without Rooky noticing.

[color=purple:39uymiyf]'Ello![/color:39uymiyf] - he spoke joyfully.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

*Argoth burst into laughter*

I'm sorry, no offense. I just couldn't help it. Makes all the bad memories change to something more nice.
raven_christina
Maid
Maid

Onyx trilled a hello to the puppy, his own tail beginning to wag happily.
--
Raven A. Lightshadow
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

With sparkle in his eyes, Skippy jumped around happily (read: crazily).
After about two jumps, he sat back down, his tongue hanging on his side, and wagging his tail.
The pup's eyes seemed to sparkle with interest, joy, curiosity, and a desire to poke.
raven_christina
Maid
Maid

Raven watched the puppy and the dragon, and chuckled. "well, isn't that a sight to see?"
--
Raven A. Lightshadow
Jhaelystra
Maid
Maid

Post by Jhaelystra »

" They certainly are!" the priestess exclaimed, watching Skippy and the dragon playing. Very carefully, she knelt on her knees, adjusting her skirts around her, a smile upon her lips.