The Temple & Grounds Role Playing Area

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Celessarel
Maid
Maid

Post by Celessarel »

OT: Arggh, you are all sooo mean *ggg*

IT:
Celessarel had absolutely no idea why everyone was suddenly whispering so much, so she gave the others a surprised look, but didn't ask about it.

She was surprised, too, at the casual way Thalon and the Drow bard acted around each other, almost as if they were friends, and she would never have thought that a drow and a wood elf could actually be friends. Could the power of Eilistraee really overcome a hatred as ancient as the one between surface elves and drow?

She turned back to Thalon, who had a tinge of sadness in his eyes, as she had turned down his offer to show her around the temple. He looked a bit like a Cooshee puppy who had been denied a treat. Celessarel knew that look only too well; it was one she frequently used on her parents and her older sister.

"It's mean to give me that look," she pouted. "No one can say no, if they're given that look. All right, show me around the temple grounds and tell me something about your goddess."
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

"you'v made the right choice miladey my knologe of the temple is second to none,my knolge of eilistraee isnt exactly on the level of Shir'le our high priestess but i will fill you in as best i can" he said as he smiled and held out his hand to lead her on the tour. he glanced back at his three compaions who were aprently making wagers as to wether he could coax Celessarelin into comeing with him and gave them a shrewed sort of "told you i could do it" smile before turning his atteion back the temples newcomer.

as they walked down the corridoor thalon begain to extole the vitues of his goddes"most of the world belives that all drow are evil backstabing creatures that only worship a hateful goddes withy an obseison with spiders as you can see this is flase"they passed the training room were an asotment of arms and aromer hung some mundane and a few magicle. two naked female drow were sparing when talon pased by they stoped and gave a courtious nod thalon noded back.

"you see eilistraee stands for the exact oppiste that her mother lolth stands for where lolth demandes sacrifice,obedincie,hate,strife
all eilistraee asks for is love,peace,freedom,and that all races be they drow,suface elf or any other be able to live together in peace under the starlit sky".

they passesd what looked like an infirmiry with varios races being attend with mundane and magicale healing. thlon stoped and wached as a group of priestess attended a lone female drow on a bed her belley swollwn and ready to give birth thalon smiled for a moment and countinued on.

"most of the converts youv seen throught the temple were rescued from the underdark such as my good frend argoth others are 2 or 3 genarion eilistreasions born free from the treiny of lolth. others such as myself or other non drow races were rescued or have some other story of finding themselfs here.

they passed a libraey empty of everyone but a lone drow shuffling and orginising the books on the shelfs"we prety much do what any church does we take care of the sick,protect the nerby town when it needs to be protected,as well as futher the fait and obtaine more converts be they drow or not".

thalon stoped at the end of the corridoor and opend a door to a large cathedrel like room devid of any celing the sun shown brightly thru as many worisipers danced and sang naked in a great circle"and this is the cavern of song thes is where we greet the day & night and where we celbate and mourn when the occasion calls for it.theres more rooms along the halls such as the kiticen and dineing room,liveing quaters and other such things but we could see those thinga later if you wish. any qusitons?he said as he smiled wich he was prone to doing.
Celessarel
Maid
Maid

Post by Celessarel »

Celessarel took Thalon's hand and followed him into the temple buildings. She was amazed at what she saw; surface elves and drow living together in harmony. It wasn't something she had thought possible. She felt like she was entering a completely new world.

"I, too, thought, that all drow are vile creatures. My home town, Suldanesselar was attacked by drow a couple of times. I wasn't born yet, and neither were my parents, but my grandparents remember it only too well," she said as he explained to her about the teachings of Eilistraee. "The only drow I ever heard about, who was different, was Drizzt Do'Urden. They sang songs about him in the taverns. Well, I kind of admired him for his brave deeds, so I always thought there must be more drow who left the underdark and the teachings of Lloth. But I never imagined that something like this could exist. This is beautiful! Thanks for letting me be a part of this."

Curiously she watched the drow and other races at their excercises, the library and the hospital where the sick were taken care of and the young mother. That little baby would be born into a world where he or she would not be taught the hatred of Lloth, but the love and harmony of Eilistraee.

But most astonished she was to see the Cavern of Song. As she heard the songs and saw the dancing she felt a great harmony flow through her like the tunes of the music. These people truly were one with their spirits and bodies and with all the joy coming from the goddess and the world around them.

"Any questions?" Thalon asked, but she was so overwhelmed she couldn't speak at first.

"Well, actually, I have lots of them," she finally said, "but I suppose I have to process all these wonderful impressions first. You and your friends have build something really great here, do you know that? Perhaps the big dream will come true and some day the Tel'Quessir will be one people again and live in harmony with all the other races."
Jhaelystra
Maid
Maid

Post by Jhaelystra »

Jhys watched the goings on with a mildly amused face. Especially when Rooky wrestled with Skippy for a few minutes. Her eyes wandered and she watched the rest of the people talk, though her gaze always wandered back to Skippy to make sure he wasn't being too mischevious.

OOC: Okay now I can post more often. the ebil full time schedule is over ^^:IC
raven_christina
Maid
Maid

Post by raven_christina »

Raven watched Cessarael and Thalon walk off, and smiled to herself.
She turned back to the drow woman and asked, "Are you a priestess of Eilistraee?"
"I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."
--
Raven A. Lightshadow
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Rooky's jaw dropped...

"The puppy eyes?! No..."

She sighed heavily; "Argoth I'll get you the money tomorrow. Right now, there's a deer corpse that needs proper massacaring. Which reminds me...instead of whistling to entertain, ya' might get to cooking. I have better things to do. Which includes oranizing trainees...hell there goes one now...bee seen' ya'..."

Rooky ran off after the boy. His face went pale that very moment...he faced IT again...
:3
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Don't mind the bet. I've done it out of sheer irony.

Which reminds me. Can't wait for the food to get here.
Jhaelystra
Maid
Maid

Post by Jhaelystra »

Jhaelystra looked 'round. Was the woman speaking to her? She wasn't sure..

"Do you mean me?" she asked, her eyes mildly confused as she sat up a bit straighter.
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

thalon sighed "unfrountly it hasint come cheap""many a good man and women have lost there lives creating and defending the temple" thalon tought for a moment trying to rember the early days of the temple"when the first grupe of eilistraeens arived the locals wherent to thrilled about a grupe of drow setting up shop nerby good intesions or not" "so for a while we had to operate in secret until one oppertuinty knocked and we ansersed" he pausesd for a sec "you see the town nerby is a small one it only has about 400 peapole and maybe two temples not counting us and its completly srourrnd by wildderness which is how i found the place while on patrol, but moveing on "

"a while ago the villige started encountering a seres of strange problems ,children,pets,and livestock started disapering shadows moving in the woods...well more shadows then useul.and other such strnge things"the townsfolk were either too afraid or didint have the manpower too deal with the problem. so a younger shirl'e sent a small grupe of us to investagate" "turns out a necromacer had also moved in nerby. and so after dealing with there undead problem the town let us setup nerby but they still didnt trust us it took many prospers years of trading and quite a few attacks for them to finle trust us"

"one of the most recent ones was paticuler bad and we are only just now recovering from it. it was a drow slaver raid hit the town and us really hard and was a total suprise wich is odd since we montier and patrol all the cave entences to the underdark. its thanks to them that the chiled you saw being born in the infrimery will never know his father" thalon sighed again "i wold be lieing if i said it was all easy but its worthit or at least i think so"

"that reminds me do you intend to stay long or are you just passing thru."he asked "we don't have many beds availble but if you wish to stay you can sleep in mine"

relising what he just said thgalon blushed and began to stamer"t--t-thats n-not what i m-m-ment i mean im on patrol a-a-alot so i dont use it that ofen"he smiled an embaressed mischevious sort of smile
Celessarel
Maid
Maid

Post by Celessarel »

Celessarel felt sad at Thalon's words; so many people had died trying to built up that wonderful place. But what had she expected, peace and harmony between the Ssri Tel'Quessir and the surface world would not come cheap. The old hatred and distrust could not be easily overcome and they still had a long road before them.

But she felt that this was important, so when Thalon asked her whether she wanted to stay, she knew what she had to answer. "I would very much like to stay, learn about the teachings of Eilistraee and be a part of the road that leads to peace among our people," she said. "I didn't knew much about Lady Silverhair, but it feels that for a long time I've heard her music in my heart and it has changed something inside me. I felt the call to come here and now that I've finally reached this temple it's like coming home in a way..."

She stopped as she realized what Thalon had just said about his bed, blushed furiously, and then poked him playfully in the arm. "Hey, I hope that's not what you meant, otherwise I would have to think that your intentions aren't honorable and that would be a pity because I'm just starting to get to know you. But anyways, if I want to stay here and take part in the worship of Eilistraee, don't I need a permission from the High Priestess first?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Returning from a long ranged patrol starts toward the temple gates, one hand hovering near his weapon belt as the other holds a pipe to his lips. A clear sweet tune can be hread appouching, perhaps some might even recall the tune and suspect who has arrived.
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jhaelystra
Maid
Maid

Post by Jhaelystra »

Suddenly, the priestess's knife like ears perked and she looked out towards the gates of the Temple. There was a sound. It sounded close, yet far off.. Jhaelystra was sure it was the sound of a flute.

"I wonder who that might be.." she mused, motioning for the two who'd been keeping her company to come along if they wanted.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

OOC: Scuse my incredible long long long absense just had to do some stuff.. >.<

IC: Zek just watched, studied and kept mostly silent as his familiar went off to hunt mice or whatever. A thought occured to him and he muttered." the cat better not bring any dead mice to me again..." Sure enough the cat came back from gods only know where with a mouse in its mouth and dropped it infront of him. Looking at each other zek just muttered" you had to do the normal cat thing didn't you?" The Eili kinda shrugged at him and zek rolled his eyes idly" Thank you oh great hunter of mice." the sarcasm almost dripped from his mouth as he said it. The cat just took the mouse and ate it right there. Zek shook his head trying to clear his mind of thought for the moment.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
ashuraa
Maid
Maid

Post by ashuraa »

The dark emerald armored being walked towards the temple. With footsteps that appeared confident, yet were strangely silent, the cloaked and armored being paused just inside the gates. With practiced ease the helm came off to reveil intricately braided platinum hair, and skin a strange dusky blue tone. Her golden gaze swept over the temple grounds, as if searching.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

"More are coming to feast! O joy! Maybe I will have an opportunity to present my latest ballad?" Said Argoth cheerfully.