Weaver's Woods

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Spider
Maid
Maid

Weaver's Woods

Post by Spider »

It was hard to tell of what stature of creature had previously occupied the space, or why perhaps it had gone away. The only that that was not in doubt was the spidersilk woven around tree limbs, trunks, and other various points of anchorage, but even yet was there something off about the whole arrangement. Most wild spiders would have been less tidy about how they went setting up their abode, but the cobwebs instead stood out in little niches, looking more like decoration than something to snare a man-sized snack in.

The drow rested comfortably in a hammock constructed from the same material. The only sign that his slumber was not quite that of a deep sleep was the dagger he kept against the side of his body.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Quiet footsteps came from the far corner of the woods. Shadows emerged, and slowly took shape. Two giants by standards came quietly, the shadows round their faces slowly wadding. One was a woman, massive in stature for human standards, and the other a wolf, a beast so huge it almost towered over it's companion.

The beasts head was down to the ground, and everyone of it's breaths, sent a part of the ground flying. It looked angry, as if something bothered it before they arrived.
The woman paid no heed to the beasts low growls. She herself had a great frown, and irritation was notable all over her face.
She was strange...her eyes were that of amber, and her pupils barely visible, almost like that of a wolf.
A deep blue collar was around her neck, almost like that of a plate armor. Along her back was a much darker blue, but at her front it went to an almost white. Band of gray-brown lined the top and bottom and a large sharp point ended at the breastbone.
The armor gave off a faint glow.
:3
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

The drow shifted his body around in the hammock as he began to stir. He shook the metaphorical cobwebs from his mind as he brought himself to sit on the edge of the makeshift bed, before landing on his feet. He strolled over to a hollow knot in one of the trees near him and reached in, shoving a handful of nuts into his mouth. Satisified, he attached his meager belongings to his person and made off for the edge of the woods.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

The noise reached their ears; the wanderers turn their heads, as if mirroring each other in perfect timing. The wolf let out a growl that the human could feel in her ribcage;

"It's headed to the edge of the forest. I can rip appart before it sees the sun;" - spoke the creature. It's voice was deep, but it made no signs of making an effort of speaking.

"Stand your ground; Go to the other side, flank it; Go to it's right, I'll come from the left. First we have to see what it is. Don't make a sound."

The wold nodded, and dissapeard in between the branches, and trully it made no sounds, despite it's hulking size. The woman took a moment to study her enviroment. The webs weren't spider made; it was something else. She's seen more then one cobweb in her life time to know it. The hue around her neck and torso was gone; The armor seemed to retract and dissapeared in the end completly. Another form soon followed; a green mist came from her torso, just under her arms, and it soon took shape; another pair of clawed arms appeared.
She jumped out into the trees, moving with amazing speed and precision through them that could have only been achieved with the arms.

She quickly arrived to the edge; the wolf was already there, waiting. They sat and waited.
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

He wasn't being any quieter than he was before as his body wormed around foliage and limbs, not picking any obvious path through the forest. It appeared the drow's intention was to leave it, but he wasn't in any sort of hurry to do so. He then began slowing his pace as something seemed... off. The quietness of the forest, animal sounds notwithstanding, had been gradually getting more silent as he further approached the edge of the woods. Perhaps it was just that the majority of wildlife stayed in the center of the woods, but something was a little off about it, though he didn't have any good reason as to why he would think that way.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

The wolf yawned, as it laid in the cower of the bush. It was clearly bored, and decided not to show any further interest in the subject at hand. He could smell something not belonging to the woods, and it was probably what they were after;

The woman smelled it too. A scent of anxiety, and some relluctance all pointing to the fact that what ever they were after was now having some doubts. She whistled to the wolf, that was now somewhere in dream land. The abrupt awakaning didn't make him happy and his face suggested that he would do something about it later on. Lazily it rose from it's bush, which made it rustle a bit, but the wolf paid no heed. It followed the scent to the target, still wishing to see what it would do.
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

The rustle caught attention of his hearing. He couldn't tell any better what it was making the noise, but it had to be of some stature. A hand went around the grip of his dagger. He hadn't had to defend himself against any sort of wildlife in these woods yet, but if it came down to keeping his legs or getting chewed on...

The haste picked up in his footsteps once more. He only wished to himself that something out there hadn't picked up the scent of drow steaks.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

"Told you it was a drow. Next time leave the thinking to me." spoke the woman cynically. The wolf eyed her, and decided to ignore it for now.

"So smart ass, now what? And how was I supposed to know they eat steaks?" it whispered.

"What we already said. We watch him. You know, you could have left a mangled deer corpse for sake of intimidation."

"And just leave it there? Have you gone daft?" the wolf looked almost shocked and very disappointed.

"Whatever. He's kinda' annoying me with that dagger. You'd think a drow be armed to his teeth while out here!" the woman spoke in suprise.

"This just shows how lousy a job you do at being the Terror of the Moon Woods. Now, if it was handed down to me-..." - a glee of pride showed in the wolfs eyes, he picked a sharper rock impeded in the ground to sharpen his claws, which glistened on the sunlight that came in strands through the thick canopy.

"Well, pardon me, Terror of the Tides, but in case you forgot I'm in the 'Good Aligned' bin right now...I can't just snap their necks where're I go..."
she spoke in annoyance. Her voice unconsciously rose.

"Sure you can't...the Wood gained it's nickname Terror because of the Saber Tooth Squirells that roam around. And DON'T you mention the Terror of the Tides thing again! EVER!!!" This last ever was so loud it sent birds flying.

"Well it's not my fault you decided to go and scare the shit out a pirate band consisting fully of over-powered demons!" the womans voice rose and a vane portured from her forehead.

"At least I don't have a bald spot on my ass from that day. I tought my pups not to poke sleeping dragons!"

"are you calling me a lousy foster mother?!" The woman practically roared along with the wolf, and if not for their echoes from within the surrounding country side, the thought that they could practically be heard for miles, would have never occured to them.

With a blatant and shocked expression they looked towards the young drow. The wolf finally spoke up;

"'Think the cover's blown Rooks."
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

The drow blinked, if only because you usually didn't see a lady arguing with a wolf every day, and vice versa. He glanced down, remembering the dagger he still held. He shifted the weapon to his side, but wasn't about to let go of it just yet. He pointed an index and middle finger in their directions. "This is that whole 'careful, he's a drow' thing, isn't it? Maybe I picked a little corner of these woods for a temporary refuge and spruced it up a bit, but it wasn't like I was getting ready to rape and pillage all of nature around me."
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

"Is that walking sack of meat pointing a finger at me?" spoke the wolf.

"Nah, he's just tryin' to be tough. Sorry Bob, you can go back. I though something fun might happen with the false webs and all."

"No way. I'm stayin' right 'ere. I've been dying to see how you go along with what you humans call Good, from your former Evil." - the beast laid down as it made an exit from the bush they were. It seemed much bigger now then before. Patches of red flowed along it's otherwise white fur. It's claws and teeth seemed overly large, even for a beast of it's size.

He watched curiously, and if it could, it would have had a large gring.
The woman approached the drow...to a relatively safe distance.

"Now...you're either something with unimaginable power, something that I, who am, in practice something like a small army, or you are a very young idiot in bloom who was stupid enough not to bring anything other then a dagger and illusions. So surprise me." Spoke the woman, and had an expression that almost said 'please be a pit-fiend'.
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

The drow arched an eyebrow as the woman spoke. "So you, supposedly the guardian of this forest or something, act all like you don't want me here and then you ask me to surprise you. I think you have me confused with some power-hungry matron mother or something. I don't exactly have the ability to burst everything around me into flames."

He raised his free hand and extended out his fingers to the side. A moment later a series of silken strands extended from his fingertips and twisted around, gradually forming a sphere until he was holding something like a ball of yarn, which he tossed lazily in the air in his hand. "Also, there's nothing false about my work." He then tossed it underhand towards the wolf.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

"This is what you dragged me here for? A clueless twit of an elf who can make balls of yarn?" Bob (whom is the wolf) had a great deal of irritation flowing from his voice. He twiddled the ball in his paw, and that seemed to calm him down, in fact it distracted him quite a lot.

She looked at him blankly. "That's it...you...twirl...yarn balls?" She sighed, and hoped that what she would say now, wouldn't raise hellfire.

"Look kid; I live here, and yes that does sorta make me a guardian. But you just ran in here, un-noticed to my shock, and started spinning webs. Webs, in these 'ere hills, actually, to be more precise, BIG webs, are not liked. True, I don't want you here. But there's a little place down south that does. So..."

She backed away, and sat on te ground, leaning her back on the wolf.

"What are you doing here, kid?"
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

Spider sheathed his dagger. "Well, since you can't exactly trust civilization to act civilized to a person like myself, you find the next best place to bed down. I have to keep myself protected even when I'm sleeping though, hence the webs. There's little worse than a bugbear or some assassin trying to sneak into your camp for a bite of something."

The drow now crossed his arms, glancing to Bob and his yarn ball. Must've been a foster to some feline, he thought. "I think I get what you're implying, but that isn't my place anymore... my art may belie my background, but I do not weave in the name of death."
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

"That's not what I asked you..." she answered back to him, slightly irritated. From her back pocket she took out a finelly carved pipe and tobacoo. In the end this seemed to calm her.
The wolf kept watching the elf. It's eyes showed definite intelligence, intelligence surpassing that of a wide majority of humans.

He didn't bother himself, as he let the woman know, with such trivial matters as, aligments and such things, but it also showed more intererest in the world, and a wider view then what will it's next meal be. He watched sillently, refusing to pay much attention to both.

"Since your so keen on learning him to answer questions as he is asked, try teaching him some basic manners." he spoke. Bob turned his head away and looked somewhere else into the forest.

"I'll teach him nothing. He'll learn it by himself if he keeps this up. What's your name boy. And I'll ask you again; What are you looking for here?"

She sat back, and waited for his answer. A cloud of smoke soon enveloped her, and neither she, nor the wolf minded it.
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

"Spider... that's the name I go by." He stated this matter of fact, glancing over to the wolf. He thought again how this one was far bigger and intelligent compared to others of his species, but that didn't matter for now. He looked back to the lady. "I'm here simply because it is what I consider a rest stop on my journey. Nothing less, nothing more." He arched a whitened eyebrow as the smoke rolled around her.