The Half Moon Inn and Fest Hall- Part Two!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

OOC: Not really, the guy makes corpses, then reconfigures them into weapons to make more corpses, a self-perpetuating cycle.

IC: Elwyn shrugged, "Suit yourself, personally I find that a chef can season better than a hunter. But then again each person cooks to his own personal tastes, not to those of others, so to you your food must be good, while the rest of us might disagree with you on that count."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Half way out the door he turns around, "Well, When you have to cook by yourself everyday for survival, you get good at it." He grins, Whistle's to his mount and takes off.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir waves a farewell glass to Gareth as the ranger leaves, and on impulse, sings out a line from an old song.
"So I'll fill to you the parting glass- good night and joy be with you all...."

Then he downs his cup and offers to have a plate of raw meat prepared for Nyssa's companion. "Your friend looks a bit hungry," he says, as he cuts a chunk off of the end of a loaf of soft bread the server brought over earlier for their meal. He butters it, and savors the sweet warm bread. "Why is it that everything on the surface tastes so much better?" he asks her between bites. "All this wonderful food, and not a mushroom in sight! I'll be happy if I never have to touch mushroom jelly again!"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Which one? Cymus or Dorl?" Nyssa laughs. "Cymus is going to hunt....and Dorl," she glances at the large drow wolfing down his food. "Yeah, he was hungry."

She takes a sip of wine, finishing her glass. "Every thing on the surface tastes better because of the sun. At least that's what my father says." The half-drow's lavender eyes flicker. "I've never been to the Underdark. Father says its not a place for a non-evil, non-pureblood drow. He would always say 'The Underdark is cold and dark. The perfect place for Lolth's chaos to reign. The perfect place for banished elves to plot. Its a place of nightmares and evil. It's not a place for people of the light. Its not even a place for people of the dusk, like you. Its not where moonlight dancers belong.' "

She smiles and snaps out of her memory. "But he always brings me back cool stuff from the Dark Weavings Bazaar. Next time he goes, he promised to take me. I promised him I would only journey to the Underdark with powerful companions, or a pure blood, but never alone. Hehehe. I talked him to being the first one to take me. I just want to go shopping," Nyssa chuckles and looks up just as her Gazpacho, Spinach Pie and Roasted Vegatables arrive.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"Lot's o' them bad folk down there in that under-thingy" Dorl'veszaun managed in between mouthfuls of roast pork, bread and water.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir laughs at Dorl's strange but apt comment. "Well, at least you were born on the surface. I spent most of my life in a small cavern away from our main city, in my family's stronghold, with the same walls, the same ceiling, the same- everything, for longer than I care to remember. The only escape from boredom was when they sent me to the city to the Academy, and then I just traded one cave for another. Except it was bigger, with more people in it, and all of them just as bad as my family, or even worse."

He pauses to nibble at the bread, and sips his wine again. "I only left less than two years ago, and I've tried to stay ABOVE ground ever since. Everything seems so cramped below. I did get to leave once- but that was on Father's ship, which was almost as bad, unless I was on deck. I spent as much time on the deck or in the rigging as I could, just because I couldn't standd being cooped up in my cabin or in the hold or ward. Guess maybe I'm a little claustrophobic." He says with a sheepish grin.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa pauses as she dips a piece of bread in her Gazpacho. "Yeah, I'll say you are totally claustrophobic. But its part of the reason I became a druid. And also because my parents encouraged me, but still. It unnerves me when I can't see the sky for a long period of time. If I'm underground for too long...I get to anxious."

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"That's a'cuz ain't no gods down there. No gods, just bad folks." Dorl'veszaun said right before a tremendous belch. He continued eating.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

A couple hours later after a long dinner Gareth had, The door swings open, Letting in a cool blast of air into the warm inn. Gareth walked back to the table and sat down. Hearing the conversation he sits down and joins.

"Well what about loth? She maybe evil but she is still a goddess"

Gareth said, in a huff from riding in the cold outside.
Last edited by Gareth Ravenmantle on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"She ain't good 'nuff to go a'callin' her a goddess, she's just a worthless spider thing." Dorl'veszaun growled. "Kelemvor or any'o'the others 'ould take her but she ain't worth the effort."
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Not worth the e-effort? *Facepalm*"

Gareth sits silent for many minutes.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun tore a large chunk of meat and chewed it while staring confusedly at the tiefling.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Well, i just don't think the gods think that way, i don't think its because shes "Not worth the effort" I think its because she has grown too powerful, and that your gods can't smite her.

And if they could they would do it the very first chance they had.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun nearly choked when he heard Gareth's words. "Kelemvor ain't one that'll be beat by no damned spider!"
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"BOYS!" Nyssa shouts sharply. The sound of her voice seemed to stun them. "Calm down, or take it outside. We're trying to eat."

She pauses for a few moments before continuing. "Now," her voice returned to its indoor volume. "You are both correct. Lolth is an abomination. But she also has an entire society at her disposal of outcast former dark elves who want revenge on the Seldarine for rejecting them. Unlike the other fey races, the drow worship primarly Lolth, and her allies, giving her complete control over an entire race of people...a very large race at that. The other elves, respect all of the Seldarine gods, but there are so many, that their worship is spread, as are their loyalties."

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~