A Return to Faerun from Elben Aator - Part 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

"Ah, that crevase is a mile long? I doubt my enchantment would last hat long... Should be fun, eh?" He said, beginning to wave his
arms, and as he spoke, a sense of lightness came over the people in front of him.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Erm...no," Adian corrected. "The tunnel is. The crevasse is about eighteen feet across. Fortunately there are ways across it, but none of them are easy. They aren't supposed to be, of course."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Well I can garauntee a safe passage across the chasm, the tunnel might be out of my ability for now." Zazzt said smiling.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Calia thought a moment, she remembered that even the Drow of her world still had the inate ability to levetate. "I have an idea why don't you help those like the half-Drow and Rivvin in our ranks that can't levitate on their own and we full-bloods just use our natural levitation abilities to get down to the next level of this path?"
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt nodded, and turned to the rest of the group, "Now huddle together, it will make the casting easier." With those words he launched into spellcasting, finshing ghe process with a dramatic upwards flourish, and suddenly, the people felt lighter, their feet lifting slightly off the ground.

Zyeke
Celessarel
Maid
Maid

Post by Celessarel »

"Thanks for your help, Zazzt." Celessarel looked curiously at her feet. "This feels exciting. As if I was a bird and could fly." She gave a little skip to see whether she would bounce up and down.

"I'm sorry," she apologized a moment later, "I know I should take this more seriously. It's just.. no one's ever made me float before."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt smiled, "Truth, that. I remember my first time, it was wonderful, and I got quite high... Then my master decided to disspell it, and send me tumbling to the ground. Quite a nasty sprained ankle, my father worked me to the ground with footwork later that day." Zazzt flinched at the pain of the memory, and chuckled, "See in my youth, I had two masters. My father taught me bladework, but I was also practicing magic in secret, he always did hate mages, my father."

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"He sounds like a small-minded man, if you don't mind my saying so," Adian said. "The Lady teaches us that such diversity is a stregth, and that magic is not a thing to be feared except in the wrong hands."

He headed down the passageway a bit, listening.

"I think it should be clear for some distance ahead, though I am no ranger. The passage turns and twists around under itself, so it might be a bit disorienting. It was for me when I first came up through here. Fortunately with all of us together it is less likely that we will get turned around."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"My thoughts exactly, but have you ever tried fighting a wizard with out any ranged weapons? Not exactly an entertaining past time." Zazzt chuckled, "My magical teacher considers physical fighting a sign of ineptitude, and therefor has never even held a weapon... not that he would need one."

Zyeke
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

OOC: My original account's password was wiped from the memory for such items on my computer and I forgot what it was. So I started this new one.

IC: Nedylene watched the rest as she utilized the inate levatation ability of the Drow and gently lowered herself down. She did notice that her daughters Delia, Elfie, and Ingrid, and the other two half-Drow with her Ulrike and Yuldra made their way down carefully with the help of Calia's Drow and half-Drow. That group of Drow seemed to know how to safely make descents down rock facings even in total darkness.

Nedylene made a comment about this to Calia.

"Yes we are trained in all forms of rock climbing and descention," answered Calia. "We train in many forms of insertion into hostile areas too..."
:) The Light of the Night Above is our true home. Leave your dark ways and join us in Eilistraee's Light.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt drfted past them, also unwilling to use his magic for innate abilities, and looked at Calia, "Insertion into hostile areas? Is that what adventuring is called in your lands? Here we just call it 'a fool's chance for gold'" he chuckled, "Bun this is still great fun, eh? Levitating down a small crack... Although why we don't just go over the ground to the Promenade, I can't fathom..."

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Now it was Adian's turn to smile confidently.

"Once we get to the cavern," he said. "I'll invoke Eilitraee's will. We'll ride down to the Promenade on the moonlight filtering down the crystals in the earth. I have done so coming up, so I can assure you it will be like nothing you have experienced.

"There you will see such a welcome as you have not had before."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt looked at Adian, "So a temple to the goddess of the moon is built underground? Ha, strange... but these crystals of yours, they sound fascinating. A gift from the goddess?"

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I believe so," Adian said. "They run straight down into the earth and into the Promenade entrance. It is said that though she bade us watch over this deep place, we would not be seperated from the moon above. She touched her hand to a crack in the ceiling and this crystal appeared, filtering moonlight down into the caverns.

"The promenade was the site of a great battle," he said. "Qilue Veladorn and a handful of children were called there by the Dark Maiden to do battle with a monstrous slime-creature...an avatar of a god I chose to not name. As tools for the fight Qilue and the others were given silver swords akin to the steel one I carry. Despite being mere children, they fought and defeated the drow who worshiped the disgusting thing and Qilue cast herself at the monster. The monster was slain and the caverns became one of the Dark Maiden's holiest sites.

"We patrolled the place constantly after that as Eilistraee guided others to us. In an attempt to disparage us, the spider-worshippers called it 'the Promenade'. We took the name for our own, and that is how it is today. Upon the place where Qilue destroyed the beast now stands one of the greatest statues of the Dark Maiden. When I saw it..." He paused, his eyes looking back in memory. "...I knew I would spend the rest of my life serving her. Eilistraee is a melancholy goddess...but it is my dream to one day see her smile. She deserves that at least."
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

Nedylene looked around and her eyes showed the depth of her life too much for her to conceal. She nodded once the said, "I know, but believe me she is happy that her Chosen try to find happiness where ever and when ever they can."
:) The Light of the Night Above is our true home. Leave your dark ways and join us in Eilistraee's Light.